PDA

View Full Version : DPF Delete Programmer website is back ordered

nosparkplugs
08-10-2008, 10:18 PM
DPF delete Programmers for Cummins, Powerstroke & Duramax. Their is already a backorder list LOl:clapping:. So much for the "going to void the warranty" fear factor.

http://www.badptrucks.com/

P.Services
08-10-2008, 10:21 PM
but it does void the warrenty right? im looking into getting a 2007.5 llm and was looking into dpf delete.

TXNSLighting
08-10-2008, 10:23 PM
O yeh warranty is gone! But o well. its worth it to some to get 5-7 mpg better.

TXNSLighting
08-10-2008, 10:24 PM
DPF delete Programmers for Cummins, Powerstroke & Duramax. Their is already a backorder list LOl:clapping:. So much for the "going to void the warranty" fear factor.

http://www.badptrucks.com/

I had a feeling this would happen

P.Services
08-10-2008, 10:27 PM
But ive also heard alot of people say it is only 1 to 2 mpgs better so is it really worth it?

i think i will just put on a dpf back exhaust and a intake as long as it doesn't void my warranty

TXNSLighting
08-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Ive only heard a minimum 5mpg, so yeh.

nosparkplugs
08-10-2008, 10:28 PM
but it does void the warrenty right? im looking into getting a 2007.5 llm and was looking into dpf delete.

Sure does void the warranty; however the Cummins Forum I'm a member of, the majority of new 6.7 Cummins are deleting the DPF ASAP with GREAT RESULTS, the dealers want you to believe the new diesels will not run without the DPF; however thats just not the case. To many Owners have proven that theory wrong, just gotta have the balls to void your warranty:laugh: the vast majority are doing it. Better performance, no codes = no downtime or vists to the dealership with the DPF gone.

BTW Diesel is $4.19 in Memphis filled the Cummins for $98.50.

TXNSLighting
08-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Sure does void the warranty; however the Cummins Forum I'm a member of, the majority of new 6.7 Cummins are deleting the DPF ASAP with GREAT RESULTS, the dealers want you to believe the new diesels will not run without the DPF; however thats just not the case. To many Owners have proven that theory wrong, just gotta have the balls to void your warranty:laugh: the vast majority are doing it. Better performance, no codes = no downtime or vists to the dealership with the DPF gone.

Yeh i think without the DPF's you wont need a warranty! ha!

P.Services
08-10-2008, 10:37 PM
but im a chicken shat and am scaired i will have to replace a $12k engine for some unrelated reason.

check these two trucks out and tell me what one you would go with. im leaning to the first one. the second one is nice but i would put smaller tires on it. both trucks are about the same price but i can get the first one financed so i wont have to empty the bank.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=249587840&dealer_id=72445&model=CHEVC25&make3=&make2=GMC&start_year=2007&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&fuel=Diesel&only_price=1&search_type=both&distance=0&model2=GMCC25PU&make=CHEV&keywords_display=&color=&min_price=4000&drive=4+wheel+drive&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&address=48430&advanced=y&only_photo=1&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=Automatic&max_price=39000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Silverado-2500-Z71-2007-Chevy-Silverado-HD-Z71_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ90969QQihZ018QQitemZ280253736910QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

TXNSLighting
08-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Man neither one intrests me... i hate ext cab short beds, and reg cabs just arent functional! ha! Id prob prefer the ext cab tho...Im to much of a crew cab guy i guess.

TXNSLighting
08-10-2008, 10:42 PM
but im a chicken shat and am scaired i will have to replace a $12k engine for some unrelated reason.

check these two trucks out and tell me what one you would go with. im leaning to the first one. the second one is nice but i would put smaller tires on it. both trucks are about the same price but i can get the first one financed so i wont have to empty the bank.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=249587840&dealer_id=72445&model=CHEVC25&make3=&make2=GMC&start_year=2007&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&fuel=Diesel&only_price=1&search_type=both&distance=0&model2=GMCC25PU&make=CHEV&keywords_display=&color=&min_price=4000&drive=4+wheel+drive&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&address=48430&advanced=y&only_photo=1&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=Automatic&max_price=39000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Silverado-2500-Z71-2007-Chevy-Silverado-HD-Z71_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ90969QQihZ018QQitemZ280253736910QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Im with ya! i would be scared to. thats why i dont want to get a new diesel cuz i know i couldnt stop myself from removing that crap underneath me!

nosparkplugs
08-10-2008, 10:42 PM
But ive also heard alot of people say it is only 1 to 2 mpgs better so is it really worth it?

i think i will just put on a dpf back exhaust and a intake as long as it doesn't void my warranty

Safe choice, Silverline has one of the best SS DPF back aftermarket exhaust's, along with the new 6.7 S&B intake. Those two modifications will make the emission burdened 6.7 equal to the 5.9L. The DPF delete is what truly enables the 6.7 to overtake the 5.9L. My estimate is at least 16.5 MPG with the DPF delete kit, some are claiming 20MPG

TXNSLighting
08-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Safe choice, Silverline has one of the best SS DPF back aftermarket exhaust's, along with the new 6.7 S&B intake. Those two modifications will make the emission burdened 6.7 equal to the 5.9L. The DPF delete is what truly enables the 6.7 to overtake the 5.9L. My estimate is at least 16.5 MPG with the DPF delete kit, some are claiming 20MPG

yeh but he wants a d-max. Well have to see how they act.

P.Services
08-11-2008, 12:25 AM
im not really a fan of crew cab trucks, i like the look of a standard cab the best but like the function of a extended but only if it has the short box. a crew cab long box is just to long for plowing and i think they look ugly. im probly going to get the regular cab just so i can finance it(other toys to buy).

South Florida Lawns
08-11-2008, 01:20 AM

BTW Diesel is $4.19 in Memphis filled the Cummins for $98.50.

why would you need a warranty on a cummins?:laugh:

stacks04
08-11-2008, 02:31 PM
yeh but he wants a d-max. Well have to see how they act.

the dmax runs very well with the dpf off. a ton of people i talk with have done the removal and a little tuning with excellent results. i believe ppe has the tuning for the dpf removal.

TXNSLighting
08-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Just as a figured, i bet all the new engines without the DPF's are awesome!

Petr51488
08-11-2008, 11:50 PM
You'll get much more info at a diesel forum but....Through my personal experience, a regen uses about 1-2 gallons more then regular. I was averaging 21-22 on the way down the shore, but when the regen kicked in, i ended up with an average of about 18 on that trip. So you're really only saving about 8 bucks a tank. Is it worth voiding the warranty? passing inspection? illegal? Like someone else said, you gotta have the balls to do it on a 50k truck. Personally i like leaving my things stock. From what i've read, leaving the lmm stock will give you virtually 0 problems. Once you start chipping, lifting, exhausting, etc etc, thats when the electrical problems kick in.

stacks04
08-12-2008, 07:33 AM
removing the dpf has nothing to do with electrical problems. if you do it with out changing the programing then you will have all sorts of problems, but with the dpf stuff deleted you will be fine.

Petr51488
08-12-2008, 08:59 AM
removing the dpf has nothing to do with electrical problems. if you do it with out changing the programing then you will have all sorts of problems, but with the dpf stuff deleted you will be fine.

I didn't mean electrical problems, but rather computer problems within the truck. Like i said, this is just from reading what others have tried.

stacks04
08-12-2008, 04:11 PM
no not usually. the biggest thing is warranty now. gm has devised a way to see if the ecm has been reflashed. the problem with it is the reflash could be from an aftermarket tuner for just adjusting tire size so your speedo is right if you changed the tires. but they will assume it is a "power up" device and void your 100,000 mile warranty. remember this usually will only apply to a major failure of the engine, and they have reason to believe the thing was tuned.

nosparkplugs
08-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Many state's still don't tail pipe test diesels for exhaust emission's or DPF delete ,that is buy far the biggest deterrent vs voiding the factory warranty. Whats the point of the DPF's if the state you live does not give a rats either way if you cut your DPF off. Correct, the factories is now voiding warranties if they suspect ecm has been reflashed or tuned for minor modifications gears or tires, even using AMSOIL has been challanged as voiding a warranty. Once I purchase a vehicle I am done taking it to the dealership, even when it's in warranty the dealer will find a way to get out of paying the whole bill, not to mention the downtime. Every diesel engine modification when done in the proper order will improve the performance, and mpg. Unlike a gasoline engine the diesel engine is a big air pump, no spark required.

Petr51488
08-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Many state's still don't tail pipe test diesels for exhaust emission's or DPF delete ,that is buy far the biggest deterrent vs voiding the factory warranty. Whats the point of the DPF's if the state you live does not give a rats either way if you cut your DPF off. Correct, the factories is now voiding warranties if they suspect ecm has been reflashed or tuned for minor modifications gears or tires, even using AMSOIL has been challanged as voiding a warranty. Once I purchase a vehicle I am done taking it to the dealership, even when it's in warranty the dealer will find a way to get out of paying the whole bill, not to mention the downtime. Every diesel engine modification when done in the proper order will improve the performance, and mpg. Unlike a gasoline engine the diesel engine is a big air pump, no spark required.

I really think it depends on the dealer. Now, i've only had my truck for about 9 months now, but in that time, they pretty much treat me like gold. I can drop my truck off in the morning at 8, and they could have it done by 12. They don't give me the run-around when it comes to warrenty work either.

mybowtie
08-12-2008, 10:40 PM
My truck has been in for warranty work(minor) 4 times..never any problem with them trying to get out of warranty work..The most biggest issue was tha MAF sensor..snow would clog it up when plowing, and the truck would go into limp mode. Plow wasnt a dealer install, and they ordered the kit to fix the issue, then installed the kit..only cost was my time.....Go to dieselplace.com. you will get tried of reading....Oh yea mines stock....
and as far as amsoil issues...BS...if the oil is CJ-4 rated, they cant void the warranty..Bring your truck into the dealer for a oil change, and they will offer full syn oil...............:usflag:

nosparkplugs
08-12-2008, 11:32 PM
with the price of petroleum products, My phone is sometimes ringing none stop with questions regarding Amsoil synthetic gasoline & diesel oils, and the top question is "my dealer says AMSOIL will void my factory warranty". I spend on average 35minutes explaining that BS. The dealers are crooks, I have had zero problems with my Cummins 5.9L, unlike my 7.3L Powerstroke & Chevrolet 6.2L diesel years ago. Unless you have a commercial fleet warranty you will be down for some amount of time=no grass cutting:confused: , and will not get a diesel loaner equal to your diesel being worked on. Dealers do nothing for free, and so F them and their warranties, I know more about the Powerstrokes & Cummins than most service tech's:laugh::laugh:, and really would rather trust the workmanship to myself

mybowtie
08-13-2008, 12:21 AM
with the price of petroleum products, My phone is sometimes ringing none stop with questions regarding Amsoil synthetic gasoline & diesel oils, and the top question is "my dealer says AMSOIL will void my factory warranty". I spend on average 35minutes explaining that BS. The dealers are crooks, I have had zero problems with my Cummins 5.9L, unlike my 7.3L Powerstroke & Chevrolet 6.2L diesel years ago. Unless you have a commercial fleet warranty you will be down for some amount of time=no grass cutting:confused: , and will not get a diesel loaner equal to your diesel being worked on. Dealers do nothing for free, and so F them and their warranties, I know more about the Powerstrokes & Cummins than most service tech's:laugh::laugh:, and really would rather trust the workmanship to myself

If you know how to fix and work on your truck, thats great..But alot of guys dont, or have the tools equipment needed to analize the problem. You are correct on the loaner...you would be lucky to even get a truck.....

TXNSLighting
08-13-2008, 12:35 AM
If you know how to fix and work on your truck, thats great..But alot of guys dont, or have the tools equipment needed to analize the problem. You are correct on the loaner...you would be lucky to even get a truck.....

and thats where our ford dealer is great. if you bring your powerstroke in for repairs they have another powerstroke waiting on you! great dealer

dzd9fy
08-23-2008, 10:28 PM
I work for GM and would not advise removal of the DPF or other emission related equipment for a couple reasons:

1. It will void the powertrain warranty
2. It may very well be a ticketable item depending upon what state you live/ operate your truck in. Everyone thinks that CA is the only state with strict emission requirements, but there in fact over a dozen other states that in part adopt their standards.
3. It is just bad for the environment.

The DPF system is designed to captured and burn off the hydrocarbons that are a result of diesel and combustion. This is accomplished by capturing the gases within the DPF and then burning them off as required by sending extra fuel through the engine and regerneration [super heating the DPF]. I would seriously doubt any claims of tangible increases in fuel economy by removing the DPF and associated hardware since regeneration takes place randomly on an as needed basis, and typically at highway speed.

Just my two cents as a private individual.

http://www.thedieselpage.com/duramax/2007PullOff.htm

nosparkplugs
08-24-2008, 12:49 AM
I work for GM and would not advise removal of the DPF or other emission related equipment for a couple reasons:

2. It may very well be a ticketable item depending upon what state you live/ operate your truck in. Everyone thinks that CA is the only state with strict emission requirements, but there in fact over a dozen other states that in part adopt their standards.

The DPF system is designed to captured and burn off the hydrocarbons that are a result of diesel and combustion. This is accomplished by capturing the gases within the DPF and then burning them off as required by sending extra fuel through the engine and regerneration [super heating the DPF]. I would seriously doubt any claims of tangible increases in fuel economy by removing the DPF and associated hardware since regeneration takes place randomly on an as needed basis, and typically at highway speed.

1.) Owners know full well their voiding the warranty, mute point.
2.) Few states currently actually test for diesel emissions, and have no interst in spending the 4 million dollars for each diesel emission testing system.
3.) Law enforcment has bigger concerns than checking for DPF deletes.
4.) These are work trucks, and the more their worked the more the DPF regenrates; which the DPF regeneration cycle takes "RAW" diesel and injects it into the DPF filter, and that decreases MPG significantly when your work your diesel truck. The DPF delete & ECM & ECU reprogramming does away with the wasted fuel dumping.

5.) Compared to gasoline-fueled vehicles, diesel-fueled vehicles emit more nitrogen oxides and hydrocarbons, as well as fine particles linked to reduced lung and cardiovascular function. Last year, less than 1 percent of all existing passenger vehicles in the United States were fueled by diesel, but there is an increasing trend toward diesel use. Supporters promote diesel vehicles as obtaining 20 to 30 percent better mileage than do equivalent gasoline vehicles. Such improved fuel efficiency should result in lower emission of compounds that lead to the production of carbon dioxide, a major greenhouse gas. But, diesel does not provide a dramatic reduction in carbon emissions. Instead only a modest 5 to 15 percent decrease results. This is because diesel contains more carbon per gallon of fuel than does gasoline.

English? diesels produce "larger" particulate matter; however produce less greenhouse gas totally, than current gasoline automobiles, and that was before the EPA tier III diesel emission standards. :dizzy:

I depend on my diesel engines to make a living, and yet diesel's collectively account for less than 1 PERCENT of all passanger vehicles not gasoline trucks. Something does not add up here :laugh: our Government

lyube
08-24-2008, 01:06 AM
:laugh: Al gore is not pleased.

Finnaly, someone with enough genius managed to dump the DPF on the new diesel trucks...

TXNSLighting
08-24-2008, 04:00 PM

Im tired of people like you. First off, majority of those points have already been mentioned many times. Second, Diesel emmisions are not harmful. and third, These things use FUEL to increase heat to burn off the soot. AND they are very restrictive! But no im sure thats not the reason these trucks are getting worse fuel mileage then before...:hammerhead:

stroker51
08-24-2008, 11:52 PM
I'm not as educated on this as a lot of you, but in my simple little, 7.3 powerstroke mind, we are concerned about oil consumption, yet new diesel pickups get at best the same if not worse fuel mileage than their 10 plus year old predecessors doesn't seem right to me. That's my biggest issue with the new ones.

TXNSLighting
08-25-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm not as educated on this as a lot of you, but in my simple little, 7.3 powerstroke mind, we are concerned about oil consumption, yet new diesel pickups get at best the same if not worse fuel mileage than their 10 plus year old predecessors doesn't seem right to me. That's my biggest issue with the new ones.

Your right on, its not right! Environmentalist are ruining the world.

lyube
08-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Your right on, its not right! Environmentalist are ruining the world.

My old mercedes got almost 40 MPG on the highway. It was a beast! And huge too.

The EPA is ruining the diesel engine in the name of the environment. :rolleyes:

CarterKraft
08-26-2008, 04:20 PM
The EPA is ruining the diesel engine in the name of the environment. :rolleyes:

This couldn't be mroe true. They have just about killed the class 8 truck market and won't stop until they have I believe. They want trains to carry the loads and little box trucks to distribute them.

I did check the link that was posted but [URL="www.Quadzillapower.com"[/URL]should have the Stealth II programmers in stock to remove the DPF.

nosparkplugs
08-26-2008, 06:47 PM
The EPA is a joke, their "cleaning up diesels", yet their are only a handful of States that actually tailpipe emission test diesels, can you say LOOPHOLE:laugh:

Then theirs the "grandfather" clause, on diesel emissions, the EPA is having a hard time figuring out how to "force" us pre Tier II diesel engine truck Owners to comply. Right now for that to work, the EPA would have to retrofit all diesels on the road, at their cost. Thats another reason the diesel emission testing/enforcement is non existant in many States

Ramairfreak98ss
08-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Ive only heard a minimum 5mpg, so yeh.

thats what ive heard of too. If i ever got an 08 ford diesel, the FIRST thing that would come off is the dpf. I know two guys that have 08 F550s, both NEVER get over 10mpg with them and their service body trucks, on occasion they pull a 2500lb single axle generator around and thats it, theyre literally HALF the milage my 06 6.0L gets

BulldogPS
08-26-2008, 08:00 PM
I have an 07 F550 with the 6.0, and just took delivery of an 08 F550 6.4 last week and I can already see the difference in fuel mileage between the two. The 6.4 uses a lot more fuel but it does seem to have a little more power hauling the same load as the 6.0. Already installed an Airaid intake on the 6.4, helps a little. The 6.0 has a Banks intake and Banks Turbo back exhaust, and usually gets between 275-325 miles out of a tank, depending on what you are hauling. If its loam, more like 200.

dzd9fy
08-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Im tired of people like you. First off, majority of those points have already been mentioned many times. Second, Diesel emmisions are not harmful. and third, These things use FUEL to increase heat to burn off the soot. AND they are very restrictive! But no im sure thats not the reason these trucks are getting worse fuel mileage then before...:hammerhead:

Hey don't get all riled with me over this, as I agree that the EPA is pushing emission levels that have very little overall benefit. That being said, just wait until you see the new requirements that will be enforced in January 2010.

Bottom line it depends upon how the engine is used as to when it regenerates and what the impact to economy is. Keep in mind that all manufactures are on a continual race for bragging rights on horsepower and torque on these engines, to the point that their capability just cannot be realized in a light duty truck i.e. anything below a 450/4500 series. Just take a look at all diesel engine ratings from 7 years ago to what is produced now, it explains a lot.

pclawncare
08-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Ill keep driving my old 12v cummins not the fastest but will pull very well and get about 20 on the highway unloaded but that was back when diesels were simple engines

TXNSLighting
08-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Ill keep driving my old 12v cummins not the fastest but will pull very well and get about 20 on the highway unloaded but that was back when diesels were simple engines

It could be the fastest...

brandon9996
09-30-2008, 01:04 PM
For all thats posted i would just like to say that you just gotta know what you are doing. Theres alot of componets in diesel programming and alot of people add on and add on to have more power and better fuel economy and blow more smoke but they dont know what the right brands are to use and engine upgrades. I have owned two Harley Davidson F-250's and my 05 that i had was only in the shop one time for new injectors and warranty covered it. I got a new 08 Harley this year and i have had no trouble with it. I just asked around and got resources and i did alot of research on diesel engines to find out what was best for making my truck more powerful and faster. Most of my stuff came from california but im sure someone can get it somewhere closer now.

Banks 6 gun tuner, Banks high ram intake, Banks innercooler, and 6" RBP exhaust, Dana 80 axles, and ATS shaft and gears with an AFE pro guard D2 transmission filter. I promise you on any diesel-cummins, duramax, even the new LBZ's this components will last with no problems. what i had on my 05 F-250 with an 8 1/2 " Fabtech lift and it was the best truck i ever had owned. It got about 17-18 mpg on the road and bout 15 in town. But i still never had any problems.

Just some tips and advice for the diesel owners. Im sure alot know more than i do but i never have had any trouble with my diesels so i think i done pretty good haha.

ProTouch Groundscapes
10-01-2008, 07:00 PM
here in ohio i believe that if you are over 10k gvwr you are exempt from e checks. you can get certain payload packages on an f250 and f350's that classify it at 10k gross which should exempt you correct?

brandon9996
10-01-2008, 11:53 PM
i have heard that in Ohio they get checked alot. I am not sure what the gross weight is but in southern Arkansas they check every truck that comes through including 18 wheelers i guess because of the forestry production down there im not sure.

ProTouch Groundscapes
10-03-2008, 09:25 AM
sorry i got it confused a bit, here it is off the site:

Vehicles permanently exempt from the E-Check program

Some vehicles are permanently exempt from the E-Check test requirement. The following is a partial listing of permanently exempt vehicles:
# Vehicles weighing more than 10,000 pounds GVW
# Motorcycles, recreational vehicles and motor homes (contact Ohio BMV for details)
# Historical and collector’s vehicles (contact Ohio BMV for details)