PDA

View Full Version : Using a truck wrap for advertising

Cart-Away
08-11-2008, 12:23 PM
We just purchased a Chevy 1-ton and put a wrap on all sides. Wow, does it get attention around town! The $2500 was well worth it when you see all the eyeballs it captures. Makes the phone ring!

Guzman Properties
08-11-2008, 12:42 PM
What number ar they calling?

Cart-Away
08-11-2008, 12:48 PM
We have the 800# (888-MIX-KING) on one side and the tailgate. We have the website (www.cart-away.com) on the other side and tailgate. Because this is advertising our new franchise opportunity we link the phone and the web to the Cart-Away Supply staff and the franchise website which is www.cartawaysupply.com

shade tree landscaping
08-11-2008, 01:25 PM
looks very photo shoped!

skennedy04
08-11-2008, 01:35 PM
looks very photo shoped!

Thats what i thought.

Cart-Away
08-11-2008, 02:25 PM
We have the program and used it to take out the pot holes, the sidewalk and to fade background so that you can see the truck better.. Technology is amazing! I hope that you are all using it to enhance your image..

George Mason
08-11-2008, 02:57 PM
I prefer the tools of the trade, really.

Guzman Properties
08-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Looks like a method of advertising for your business on this forum.

Cart-Away
08-11-2008, 03:31 PM
We are a sponsor of this site. See the Cart-Away Supply button and banners.

kreft
08-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Yea I see. How much are you paying lawnsite, for that realestate if you don't mind me asking?

Cart-Away
08-11-2008, 04:50 PM
The Lawnsite staff has been very helpful and should be able to quote you on their rates. So far we have been pleased with the site. I worked with Don in the advertising department. I just clicked on Advertising at the top left side of the home page.

iluvscag
08-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Man oh man guys just ease off would you. A guy tries to help you with a new or maybe just another advertising method and you either shut it down or just bicker about it. I mean come on, "it looks photo shopped" " looks like a way of advertising" so quick to judge and be negative. And by the way the truck looks great. And Kreft me you get along but just to let you know One advertiser wont tell you the price for something, because then some new guy will say "oh well he only pays this so I want that price to".

Kennedy Landscaping
08-11-2008, 10:17 PM
looks very photo shoped!

Thought the same thing.

02DURAMAX
08-12-2008, 04:16 AM
Can you take a real pic and i dont see a number!!

Cart-Away
08-12-2008, 12:20 PM
here is a picture of the opposite side of the truck. As I mentioned we have the web address on one side and the phone number on the other. I have also included a photo of the tail gate where we put the phone and web address. One note: When you order your truck wrap make sure that you include a color chip. We had our wrap show up a couple of shades off from our Franchise color. But photoshop fixed it for print advertising. We could have saved ourselves some trouble by providing a color chip to the wrap vendor. We learned a lesson that you may not need too.

South Florida Lawns
08-12-2008, 06:57 PM
I like it, very commercial looking. Also an attention grabber.

RedMax Man
08-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Seems kinda lazy how they went over the "2500HD" badge on the doors. Overall its quite nice and professional.

old oak lawn
08-14-2008, 09:36 PM
truck looks verry good. good luck with your business

Petr51488
08-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Seems kinda lazy how they went over the "2500HD" badge on the doors. Overall its quite nice and professional.

Yea, i noticed that too. What happens when a hole gets poked in between the letters and then it starts to peel, or water goes behind it. Nice looking btw.

Cart-Away
08-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Yes the wrap goes over the numbers and letters.. We messed up because this was our first experience with doing a full wrap. After it was on, we found out that you should take off all the "bling" from the factory. We complained but that fell on deaf ears. We then asked them to take the wrap off one side. So we took the lesser of two evils. I have included a picture of both sides so you can see. Two lessons, first take off the factory badges and second send along a color chip to make sure that the wrap printer can adjust for the color you want. I hope that what we missed, you guys will catch for you projects.

KrayzKajun
08-15-2008, 10:40 AM
looks better wit the emblems showing!

BrandonV
08-15-2008, 10:01 PM
sharp looking truck. I have to ask who in the world uses such a small mixer? is it more for suburban areas and you franchisees cater to weekend warriors? Or is it more of a new site mixer trailer for masons and whatnot? I like the product just am having a hard time seeing who franchisees sell to... I could be jaded because I do larger projects and I see myself driving back and forth 4 times as opposed to 1 cemex truck. best of luck and thanks for the lawnsite sponsorship!

Cart-Away
08-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Brandon,
The latest field study of Cart-Away users found that 63% are contractors. The remainder are cities and counties, property managers and home owners. Most use the trailers for projects of less than 5-yards to save on short-load fees imposed by transit mix companies (sometimes as high as $300 for pours under 4 yards). The second most mentioned reason for using the trailer system concerns scheduling. Transit mix companies place small loads lower in the delivery priority list. Contractors and others who make a living with the clock do not want to have crews waiting. They use a trailer-based delivery system to control their time-driven costs.
There are thousands of these small trailers operating every day throughout many areas of the country. Unfortunately your area does not have this service for you to take advantage of at this time. These locations have between 4-24 of these trailers and keep them busy all week long. Weekdays they are in use by the contractors and on the weekends the homeowners use them. The average location sells concrete at $150.14 (retail), with material costs at $60.89 (cost) average. So you can see why this system works good for both the owner of the business and his contractor customers. Contractors save on short-load fees and time and the operator works on better than average margins. We do a detailed market study on each area before we work with a franchisee. This helps both parties examine the potential for the business in their region. I hope that this helps you see why people use a small trailer to deliver concrete.

BrandonV
08-17-2008, 10:28 AM
that makes sense. I'd never seen one but seems reasonable

cat320
08-17-2008, 11:05 AM
I like that type of system fro delivery because it's a pain to get cement out of the ones who just have a cart and it sits with out rotating . but but i have a few questions on it .

1 cleaning the unit you know cement will get hard inside them it happens in regular transit trucks.

2. the gas engine more maintence and stuff.

3 the cost of this unit is probably 2-3-4 times more than the other systems i bet which means longer time to make a profit.

cpel2004
08-17-2008, 11:31 AM
I like your wrap Im sure it looks even better in person. Did you shop around on the price, it seems expensive $2500, can you give a breakdown?

kleankutslawn
08-17-2008, 12:04 PM
nice wrap.good luck with your business

nosparkplugs
08-17-2008, 02:14 PM
$2500 is cheap, Here in Memphis a basic wrap starts at $3500 for a 3/4 truck and go's up to gosh I don't know. No one really seems to post hard numbers on the return of revenue or jobs your getting from a wrap just something like "wow we got some attention", nothing like I just landed a $3500 contract that paid for the vehicle wrap. I make sure that whom ever takes a call, ask how they found our number: 1.) Real Yellow Pages. 2.) Word of Mouth. 3.) Internet or Google search. Last is vehicle advertising we average 1 call a season from our vehicle's advertising.

I'm sure that a Wrap would increase attention, but does it generate $3500 in revenue, and how long does that return take. I have asked that question to the "wrap" guys calling us? NO ANSWER, just BS no hard numbers. I could replace some equipment or pay down bills before I would spend thousands of dollars on a wrap.

BrandonV
08-17-2008, 05:24 PM
I know from school that general advertising a person on average must see your ad 3 times before it sinks in. Wraps would be good for maintence and places in communities w/ heavy traffic or places where your truck will be parked where people can see them... just running up and down the road I don't think they're as effective unless you have a ton of matching vehicles (ie mcdonald's transfer trucks)