N&CLandscaping
08-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Pics of my truck, trailer, equipment, and work

N&CLandscaping
08-11-2008, 05:54 PM
More Mulch Bed

Matts lawn care
08-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Looks great. Where did you get that big green trash can thing. I have seen them all over on this sight but never in any stores here.

N&CLandscaping
08-11-2008, 06:40 PM
I got that one at New England Grows... But I have two more that I purchased from Lesco. I have seen them in HD before though... I paid about $45.00 each

N&CLandscaping
08-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Small new planting bed... The client hated that people pulled their cars right up onto their lawn. So we created a small planting bed with Hostas

JosephLawnCare
08-11-2008, 07:01 PM
so what's gonna keep em from running over the hostas??

cej93
08-11-2008, 07:08 PM
so what's gonna keep em from running over the hostas??

I was kind of wondering the same thing since people sometimes aren't very considerate at all. Hopefully no one will tear your work up.

N&CLandscaping
08-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Well... Yes I see what you mean, and I did mention this to the homeowner, but thats what she wanted. Not my first choise. I tried to talk her out of it... But it comes down to what the client wants. Thanks for the posts keep them coming! Thanks

Petr51488
08-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Nice, but wait till it rains, ALL that mulch will get washed away.

tbettis
08-11-2008, 08:42 PM
in the last pic..is the mulch in the street?

G.M.Landscaping
08-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Using some 3' boulders spaced out would of worked out better. That's going to be a mess after winter. But if the customer wanted that and they were happy, I would of takin the money also.

got rid of the Dodge for a Ford:)

N&CLandscaping
08-11-2008, 09:19 PM
We have had HUGE rain storms thoughout my area the past few days... I went by today to mow and it was fine. There was a little on the street but not bad at all. And yes thats my baby the big black ford! I love it! lol

N&CLandscaping
08-11-2008, 09:23 PM
and No the mulch is right on the edge not on the street

PerfectEarth
08-11-2008, 09:24 PM
If a customer INSISTED that I produce that hosta bed with red mulch, directly on the road, I would probably laugh at them and say "no thanks!".... No, really, I'd advise them on another solution- probably one that does not involve plants in that area! If they still wanted that, I wouldn't take the job.

The entire "whatever the customer wants" thing is so silly in our industry- it's our job to knowledgably advise a client on the best solution and design for their situation- horticultually and asthetically. Too many "lawn guys" think they can landscape. NO offense to the poster, but it's not a great solution and it looks a bit rough- what's up with the bedlines in your pics?

Uranus
08-11-2008, 09:34 PM
As we new englanders know the local dpw's love to spread sand/salt in the winter instead of actually plowing the secondary roads. I hope you told the customer that the bed is going to be a sand box when the snow melts in march/april.

N&CLandscaping
08-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Okay listen here... Perfectearth or whatever your name is... I am not just another bull **** landscaper out there. I went to school for 4 years and I know what the F' im doing. Times are tough so guess what... What the client wants the client gets. Thats your own problem if you wouldnt take a job like that. I personally would have loved to put rocks down, but business is business and sometimes you have to take a loss... Even though I dont see it as a loss. Im satisfied... My client is happy... and people who live in the area are happy. So I stand by it I could give two you know whats what people say about my work who dont live around here. Business is Business and if you have work and thats what the client wants, even if your best judgment is telling you no, you do it and to the best of your ability. And when you say no offence... It is offensive... This is another reason I stoped posting on this site, cause of people like you (perfectearth). Id like to know your credentials, what kind of a education did you have, how professional you are, are you licenced and fully insured paying workmans comp? etc. etc.. And again thats your choise if you would turn money down, no loss to me and I have got many clients off of this job.. so think what you want. In the long run it doesnt matter what you think. It matters what the clients and the people around them think.

Also with the snow issue, they were told that. and if it needs to be fixed in the spring then so be it.

RedMax Man
08-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Nice tools and truck. You still park in the middle of the street though;)

Matts lawn care
08-11-2008, 10:24 PM
I know what your talking about. There has been a lot of bashing of sorts going on lately.

mtnzone
08-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Small new planting bed... The client hated that people pulled their cars right up onto their lawn. So we created a small planting bed with Hostas

looks good but can not wait to see that after the snow melts and the town plows have a field day...

PerfectEarth
08-11-2008, 10:40 PM
13 years private school
4 year bachelors degree
5 years golf/turf experience
9 years estate grounds management- you would even be able to comprehend the work I've done there, highest profile property in KY, probably the region
Licensed Applicator
Insured to the HILT
DOT compliant
Class A driver
Monthly books, quarterly taxes, Licensed in the State and Louisville Metro
I could go on....

But whatever- I honestly didn't mean to be rude. I was just expressing my opinion on the work- and that is that I don't think it's a very good solution to your client's issues.
Do you mow more grass that you do landscapes? I'm not trying to start something, just curious. I'm not saying YOU should have turned the job down. Just saying that's what I'd have done in that situation. I know we all need work- and it's not a rip on you, it's just another case of guys in this industry acting like their client's sheep. I'm done.

*edit- and c'mon, after reading my post, it's not bad at all. You're acting like I slapped your mother or something. I was speaking in general terms anyway.

Chestnut Oaks Prez
08-11-2008, 10:43 PM
I know the snow is money in ya'lls pocket in the winter but that snow, salt and sand must give you a fit in the spring. Ya'll can have it.:cry: we'll just cut grass this winter:)

N&CLandscaping
08-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Thanks eveyone....

Perfectearth....

I dont mean to start anything either. Its just I took offence to that, granted you have alot of experience so im sorry on that part. Typically the clients I have do do what I say but this one she didnt want to do what I had to say so thats that. I apologize to the highest extent

Redmaxman....

Ya I love parking in the street lol, that was right before it started to downpour lol

Petr51488
08-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Nice tools and truck. You still park in the middle of the street though;)

Hah, atleast this time it doesnt look to be a highway. lol

N&CLandscaping
08-11-2008, 10:50 PM
I truly love this business and wouldnt want to do anything else in the world. I am still learning and trying my best. Trying to work my way up

PerfectEarth
08-11-2008, 11:01 PM
I will apologize as well- sorry for being a bit brash, Thanks for being cool. I wish you the best of luck and many more jobs!! Tom

Travis E
08-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Work looks good, there really wouldn't be a really good way of doing that next to the road but for what you had to work with i'd say you did a good job!

BTW...Thinking on a bigger trailer anytime soon?

02DURAMAX
08-12-2008, 05:22 AM
Are you using a snow shovel???

N&CLandscaping
08-12-2008, 01:26 PM
I hope on getting a bigger trailer soon. I am saving for a dump truck, and a larger enclosed trailer hopefully.

Yes that orange shovel is a snow shovel. It is one of the best tools I have. It works good at picking dirt/debris up. I have a few scoop shovels but would rather use the snow shovel any day.

Thanks for the comments guys!

daveyo
08-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Like you said you are new I think you are getting good constructive criticism. I know the mulch off that wall will wash out into the sidewalk. Also you'll learn more about edging, curves and bed lines as you do more jobs, the bed against the street will not last two weeks but again it was what the client wanted. Its all relative also, I bet if you compared your price to someone more experienced your price was lower, you'll learn what goes into a job and what it takes to look top notch, its a learning curve some guys get it some don't, I think your on your way.

O'Donnell's Landscape Management, Inc.
4 years college environmental science
15 years field experience
State Lic pesticide
State Lic landscape contractor
five different insurances.
countless seminars
Rutgers University affiliated

I'd just thought I'd give some credentials for you.

oakwdman
08-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Looks like you are definatley on your way. It says alot about you that you are willing to admit you over reacted a little, not many on this site will do that. I could have sworn that you posted some pics a while back of the company you were working (plowing) for. maybe that was on plowsite but how did that end up working out?

N&CLandscaping
08-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Yeah I plowed for them a little bit. The last thing I did with them was work on the New England Flower show. Good company

RedMax Man
08-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Hey was it very complicated or expensive to form an LLC for your business?

deere615
08-13-2008, 02:22 AM
Nice Work and equipment. Those were deffianety long awaited pics lol good luck

N&CLandscaping
08-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Redmax Man....

It was $500.00 to become an LLC. It helps having a family friend in the tax business. It was alot cheaper than having to hire an attorney.

81Bronk36
08-13-2008, 10:27 PM
what years that ferris, looks like mine except different clutch switch

J&R Landscaping
08-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Nice pictures!

PerfectEarth
08-13-2008, 11:27 PM
You don't need an attorney or 500$ to form an LLC.... You need about $40 for a filing fee and a computer to get on your Secretary of State's website. Done.

Don't be fooled by those "Form an LLC!!" websites...legalzoom and all those, do it yourself it's easy- all the "extras" they offer you are BS.

Sorry for the off-topic...

N&CLandscaping
08-13-2008, 11:32 PM
The Massachusetts fee is $500.00. But ill double check tomorrow to make sure

Matts lawn care
08-13-2008, 11:34 PM
Thanks for that insight Perfect Earth. I will be setting up an LLC in a few months when I become 18!