PDA

View Full Version : ongoing work pics

P.Services
08-11-2008, 10:10 PM
just started into a little project of building a road base and making a swamp. these are a few pics from the machines getting moved over today. i will post a handfull of pics a day.

the road is going through a swamp so im sure some are going to be of a very stuck ct332!!!

KCfireman
08-11-2008, 10:17 PM
just started into a little project of building a road base and making a swamp. these are a few pics from the machines getting moved over today. i will post a handfull of pics a day.

the road is going through a swamp so im sure some are going to be of a very stuck ct332!!!
is that an Autocar dumper?

P.Services
08-11-2008, 10:18 PM
yeah shes a trooper!! 1966 with a 350 cummins. she needs alot of work to be road legal so it serves as a offroad haul truck.

Dirt Digger2
08-11-2008, 10:19 PM
atleast you didnt get stopped by the DOT...i slid our trackhoe off the lowboy today with muddy tracks and a wet trailer...made it more slippery then ice, luckily i was thinking it was probably going to happen to i was able to catch myself on the road bank and push the tracks back onto the trailer sideways

P.Services
08-11-2008, 10:22 PM
atleast you didnt get stopped by the DOT...i slid our trackhoe off the lowboy today with muddy tracks and a wet trailer...made it more slippery then ice, luckily i was thinking it was probably going to happen to i was able to catch myself on the road bank and push the tracks back onto the trailer sideways

man that doesnt sound good!! my dad always tells me the story of his 966 cat flying off the lowboy and sliding down a guys yard and taking out the corner of his garage!! crazy shat!!

Construct'O
08-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Looks like you need a little more room for the dozer tracks to set on, the pads are twisted pretty bad.Probably the pins and bushing are getting wore besides.

Plus the tire is kind of close there with the pads twisted.Price of fuel and not having to make extra trip guys got to do what he has too.

Good luck with your project!

P.Services
08-11-2008, 10:36 PM
yeah i told him i wanted them both on one load no if ands or buts about it. the p&b's where actully just turned hasnt gone 100' since, it just was barley sitting on the tracks so all the weight was pushin it down. i should have put a few 4x4's down on the trailer to support it.

Dirt Digger2
08-11-2008, 10:40 PM
are you taking on this work by yourself?

P.Services
08-11-2008, 10:44 PM
are you taking on this work by yourself?

no sir!! i was planing on renting a pc300 from sunbelt and using my single axle and ct332 but my dad is slow so i subed it out to him. i should have said that from the start. its really not that large of a job.

he is going to dig the hole and haul the dirt(hes gona run the truck im gona run the 200). im going to build the road and do all the tree removal across the swamp.

money wise it didnt make since, i could pay him to bring in 3 machines and do the work for the price of renting the 300 so this way will work out better.

Dirt Digger2
08-11-2008, 10:57 PM
after you take care of the trees you may want to think about losing the thumb...it adds a lot of weight especially when you are digging in wet heavy mud...last thing you want to do is get tippy loading trucks, makes for a very uncomfortable day

Junior M
08-11-2008, 10:58 PM
nice pics picasso.. so you are just helping your dad on this job? or is your company actually involved in this job?

that sucks!

my dad and i went fourwheeling sunday and we haul our fourwheelers on our equipment trailer in my signature and i was backing his off the ramps on the dovetail. you dont have any room to screw up becuz the ramps dont come close enough together. well i screwed up and the rear right tire slid off the ramp and i tried to run it back up the dovetail in 4 wheel drive. it ended up rolling right on its side instead with me on it! haha the only thing it hurt was my nerves but i was really surprised i have had equipment with less screw up room and not hit it right and never have that problem.

P.Services
08-11-2008, 11:05 PM
well the job is really through my company but my dad is just doing the dirt work. i got the job and bid it and subbed some of it to him.

yeah i know what you mean about the thumb, the machines ass end comes off the ground if you just hold the arm staight out with nothin in the bucket. it really needs a bigger counter weight. he wont listen though.

im trying to get him to get a set of bolt on teeth for the buck but he "knows" that wont make it dig any better. why do they put teeth on most digging and trenching buckets?

bobcat_ron
08-12-2008, 12:12 AM
Good looking anchor chains on the tie down points!!

Maybe the truck would have been better on the rear of the trailer!

Gravel Rat
08-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Talk about chancing it with the dozer :dizzy:

Good Luck with the job :drinkup:

P.Services
08-12-2008, 12:46 AM
thats how the driver wanted it so thats how we did it.

P.Services
08-17-2008, 10:28 PM
this was one lot we put down 200 yards of fill on and 200 yards of topsoil

Dirt Digger2
08-17-2008, 10:30 PM
thats good looking dirt

P.Services
08-17-2008, 10:30 PM
this is what it started as....

P.Services
08-17-2008, 10:36 PM
thats good looking dirt

you have no idea how nice it is, this topsoil is coming out of a very old dried up swamp. it has nice soil on top and then it goes into the hard paked compost like material, it feels real spongy and it flakes of in layers to expose decaed leaves and all organic matter. then from there it goes into another layer of peat that is super nice and then into a layer of maro. we have been calling it super soil.

P.Services
08-17-2008, 10:39 PM

Scag48
08-17-2008, 10:49 PM
That machine should be just fine with the thumb. I don't understand why guys get so hung up on the added weight, so what's 800 pounds? I have never been in a situation where a link thumb and wedge coupler have maxed me out with a full bucket of dirt, even on a 12 ton machine. The only thing to consider is that if you have a pin grabber coupler, they are pretty damn heavy compared to a wedgelock, lots more steel. They also lengthen the overall length to the bucket pin, which puts the load further away from the machine. I think it's a case by case basis, but that machine should definately lift the bucket empty at full reach without standing on its nose very, very easily. And yes, bucket teeth will help cutting through virgin soil. With bigger machines you can get away with running a bolt on cutting edge vs. teeth. We have a 60" on PC400 at work that tears through anything, but it's a 40 ton machine. If you're in hard ground, tiger teeth work really well. We run twin tigers on the outside shanks and the singles in the middle.

P.Services
08-17-2008, 10:51 PM
lifting power

ksss
08-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Where are the rocks? I did not know they made topsoil without rocks? I'll be damed.:dizzy:

P.Services
08-17-2008, 10:57 PM

Gravel Rat
08-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Swamp soil is usually rock free but it does have sticks in it. Another problem with swamp soil it is on the sour side and some times has a strong smell to it :laugh:

P.Services
08-17-2008, 11:48 PM
thats how i load em

Junior M
08-18-2008, 07:47 AM
how does the autocar handle that much dirt? and nice dodge by the way... you could post some pics of it!!!

P.Services
08-18-2008, 11:52 AM
this topsoil is super light so it handles it ok, i give it a helping nudge with the 200 to get him moving as he pulls off in granny gear.

Gravel Rat
08-18-2008, 04:43 PM
That load of topsoil probably only weighs 15 ton especially if its dry.

The clay muck I was hauling weighed 20 tons each load it was heavy on a old tandem.

West Coast trucks don't run tall boxes like what is on that autocar a 16'6 western box will haul heaped up 15 yards.

On another site I used to drive a old 9000 Ford tandem the loads we put on that old truck made her suck wind. Truck had 400 Cummins power had to be easy on the clutch.

P.Services
08-18-2008, 10:30 PM
how does the autocar handle that much dirt? and nice dodge by the way... you could post some pics of it!!!

that dodge is a pile of garbage unworthy of pitures. it has 209k on a gas engine but i have done a load of work to the truck. never a dodge again. a 2008 gmc or chevy duramax is what i will buy to replace it.

Junior M
08-19-2008, 05:10 PM
ooooooo i figured it was a cummins... what problems have you had with it? just curious... never known many people to have problems with a dodge unless it was with an engine or tranny (tranny was rare unless it was a late 99 model to a late 2001)

P.Services
08-19-2008, 07:03 PM
you name it and i have replaced rebuilt or repaired it. go ahead pick a part.

BrandonV
08-19-2008, 07:13 PM
door lock?

P.Services
08-19-2008, 07:18 PM
door lock?

ooo f you !!!!! it broke today and i had to jimmy the back window to get in!!!!!! swear to god no joke

Dirt Digger2
08-19-2008, 10:50 PM
ooo f you !!!!! it broke today and i had to jimmy the back window to get in!!!!!! swear to god no joke

haha that made me laugh

coopers
08-19-2008, 10:51 PM
haha that made me laugh

ditto :laugh::laugh:

Junior M
08-19-2008, 10:53 PM
your shittin me right? hahaha that gave me a good laugh to... ok i wanta play... umm the tailgate latch and handle?

P.Services
08-20-2008, 01:47 AM
your shittin me right? hahaha that gave me a good laugh to... ok i wanta play... umm the tailgate latch and handle?

yup thats all fed up to. you have to lift up on the latch and then hit it real hard in the upper right corner and it will pop open. its my fault its broke i backed into a parked dump truck and put a nice dent in it :hammerhead:

CAT powered
08-20-2008, 02:07 AM
Exhaust bracket?

You should've known better than to buy a Dodge. :hammerhead:

1993lx172
08-20-2008, 02:10 AM
ooooooo i figured it was a cummins... what problems have you had with it? just curious... never known many people to have problems with a dodge unless it was with an engine or tranny (tranny was rare unless it was a late 99 model to a late 2001)

What's the problem with the tranny on a 99 model? Mine's fine and it plowed snow and what not before we got it. The only problem I've had with the gas engine was a fouled plug two weeks ago.

P.Services
08-20-2008, 02:19 AM
Exhaust bracket?

You should've known better than to buy a Dodge. :hammerhead:

should i say yup broke, or would you rather have a picture of it?

P.Services
08-20-2008, 02:22 AM
What's the problem with the tranny on a 99 model? Mine's fine and it plowed snow and what not before we got it. The only problem I've had with the gas engine was a fouled plug two weeks ago.

my first trans lasted 170k miles now the new one i bought from dodge is giving me shits and fits at 40k. if you run on the highway for awhile and then get off when you come to a stop the oil pressure will drop to nothing but come back if you take it out of gear. then it will lunge forward and stall out the engine. what a pile.

mag360
08-20-2008, 02:32 AM
170,000 is good for an auto that is worked hard. 200,000+ is good for a gas engine (expected out of the 318/360 motors).

I had a '97 with the 360 and original trans went to 185,000 and motor had 230,000+ when I traded on an '08. Ball joints went to 220,000 but it was 2wd.
The motor was still strong in that thing too but had developed a tick.

CAT powered
08-20-2008, 02:34 AM
Frame rails? There's got to be SOMETHING on it that hasn't broken.

P.Services
08-20-2008, 02:38 AM
frame rails didnt break but i did bend the ends of them and break my windsheild when i was plowing snow two years ago. my fault again

CAT powered
08-20-2008, 02:40 AM
Did you break the leaf springs?

P.Services
08-20-2008, 02:40 AM
i swear to god on my life im not making this up. i have 16,000 in recipts for parts and repairs just for that one truck!!!! i was going to buy a new one and trade it in when the trans went but my parents talked me out of it. needless to say i would be driving a new truck right now that would be almost paid off. lesson learned

P.Services
08-20-2008, 02:41 AM
Did you break the leaf springs?

yes they had broken leafs in the pack so i replaced them when i replaced the rear axle the second time.

CAT powered
08-20-2008, 02:43 AM
Dang. What about the shift lever?

P.Services
08-20-2008, 02:46 AM
its not broke but it does take a little trick to use it, its not in the gear the little window says its in. you have to go one gear above that to get drive.

the rear main seal is a big problem right now i have to put oil in it about twice a week.

CAT powered
08-20-2008, 02:47 AM
Woohoo! I found something that wasn't broken!

02DURAMAX
08-20-2008, 04:50 AM
that dodge is a pile of garbage unworthy of pitures. it has 209k on a gas engine but i have done a load of work to the truck. never a dodge again. a 2008 gmc or chevy duramax is what i will buy to replace it.

And that will be your best choice!!!!!DURAMAX!!!!

Scag48
08-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Dodge trucks are junk, seriously. I have about 3-4 close friends with Dodge trucks, they all hate them except for the Cummins diesel. If it wasn't for the motor, I can almost guarantee nobody would ever buy another Dodge.

kreft
08-20-2008, 12:35 PM
And that will be your best choice!!!!!DURAMAX!!!!

Yeah we love both of our duramax's. No problems. So far

Junior M
08-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Dodge trucks are junk, seriously. I have about 3-4 close friends with Dodge trucks, they all hate them except for the Cummins diesel. If it wasn't for the motor, I can almost guarantee nobody would ever buy another Dodge.
I would!!! I love dodges! I love the motor and everything about them.. sure you guys have had problems with them but every brand is goin to have its lemons. dont judge a hole brand off one truck. like i said my dad had seven or eight crap i forget now but it was like seven and he has had two after that and my cousin has had two and the only problem out of those combined eleven trucks was the tranny went out of my cousins 2001 3500...

Junior M
08-20-2008, 05:06 PM
there is nothing wrong with them just dodge changed the manufacturer that year or moved plants and took them few years to get everything right again or something like that and every few will have tranny failures.. I know of two.. my cousins and we were about to buy one from my great cousin who runs a dodge dealer called us a told us that while he was driving it the tranny went out and it did the exact same thing my cousins did.. it red lined and then locked up and slid to a stop and then when you go to pull of it will red line and wont shift out of second or first i am not quite sure.. but the automatic tranny in those years is more prone than other auto tranny's.. that doesnt mean that all tranny's from those years are goin to go out but it is more prone in those years...

Scag48
08-20-2008, 06:35 PM
It is a known fact that after 150,000 miles, anything Mopar falls apart, especially the trucks. The automatic tranny is the worst part of the truck, followed by the rest of the rig and the motor being the only strong point. Well, only the Cummins at least. Dodge's gas motors are alright, not bad, but not terribly great either.

Junior M
08-20-2008, 07:35 PM
It is a known fact that after 150,000 miles, anything Mopar falls apart, especially the trucks. The automatic tranny is the worst part of the truck, followed by the rest of the rig and the motor being the only strong point. Well, only the Cummins at least. Dodge's gas motors are alright, not bad, but not terribly great either.
i will say that the gas engine made by dodge isnt that great... they sold alot of trucks because of the HEMI on the side.. but my cousins had 220,000 miles before it crapped and my dad has put that many miles on most of his trucks from traveling all over the us with the directional drills.. he had a 95 with a utility body and he put about 250,000 miles on it and never had a problem and it was an auto..

CAT powered
08-20-2008, 10:02 PM
The only Dodge I ever owned was a Cummins dually with a standard trans and a plow. That truck would spin itself right around in a culdesac that had a little snow on it.

Anybody I know that has owned an auto trans with any motor has had problems and these Hemi engines are nothing special.

Myself I'm a Ford guy. I had a 7.3L auto trans DRW Superduty with a service body. It was by far the best truck I've ever owned. My current truck is an 06 6.0L DRW Superduty with a service body and it's given me more issues in the 16k miles it has than I had in the 130k the 7.3L had. It's been to the dealership 3 times already for a cylinder not firing. First time they just messed with the computer. Second time they replaced part of the wiring harness. Third time they replaced the injector.

The downfall of all new diesel engines is...

The EPA.

ksss
08-20-2008, 11:03 PM
The only Dodge I ever owned was a Cummins dually with a standard trans and a plow. That truck would spin itself right around in a culdesac that had a little snow on it.

Anybody I know that has owned an auto trans with any motor has had problems and these Hemi engines are nothing special.

Myself I'm a Ford guy. I had a 7.3L auto trans DRW Superduty with a service body. It was by far the best truck I've ever owned. My current truck is an 06 6.0L DRW Superduty with a service body and it's given me more issues in the 16k miles it has than I had in the 130k the 7.3L had. It's been to the dealership 3 times already for a cylinder not firing. First time they just messed with the computer. Second time they replaced part of the wiring harness. Third time they replaced the injector.

The downfall of all new diesel engines is...

The EPA.

The EPA being the downfall of the diesel engine is very true. My 01 3500 duramax would get a solid 19 mph on the highway. My 06 is 14 mpg. The Oh No 6.0 or 6 Leaker is one of Ford/IH's biggest blunders. You know its bad when the two of them keep taking each other to court over the various issues relating to warranty costs. The 7.3 was one of the best diesels ever put in a pickup and I am not a Ford guy, but you have to respect the 7.3.

CAT powered
08-21-2008, 12:41 AM
I'm thinking of getting a truck just to yank around a deckover and a little gooseneck and I'm definitely looking for a 7.3L to do that with. Once you put an exhaust, air filter, and a tuner in a 7.3 you can get some decent numbers out of it.

One thing I like about my six leaker is the tow/haul mode. Its nice to be able to go down an exit ramp off the highway and not even touch the brakes on the way off.

Scag48
08-21-2008, 12:45 AM
The 7.3's are just so savage. My dad's '99 is pushing 200K with only one tranny rebuild and a torque converter. Not bad considering he tows 10K practically daily 6 months out of the year. Truck just keeps going and going, although I think he's going to need new injectors fairly soon, maybe a turbo but that's practically it. Truck has never broken down to the point of needing a tow, ever.

CAT powered
08-21-2008, 12:57 AM
My old 7.3L needed a tow only one time. And that was because I didn't have a spare CPS. Mine broke before most people had theirs break so it wasn't a commonplace thing then. Now everyone who has ever heard of a 7.3L knows that they had issues with the CPS.
Even then all I needed was another 7.3 to pull it back to the shop and a call to the Ford dealership.

I had a brother who I am no longer on speaking terms with (Don't ask) working with me and he hooked a chain through the hitch and hooked it to a 6 wheel MACK that was stuck and rather than easing tension onto the chain he floored it and it pulled the bumper clear off the Reading service body I had on it.

This truck routinely pulled the legal limit and then some up and down hills and everywhere I asked it to go.

Scag48
08-21-2008, 01:00 AM
My dad is finally getting his CPS done on Friday. Been telling him for 9 months to get it done, he's finally doing it. To be entirely honest, I'm surprised the CPS hasn't gone out already. I hear it's a real song and dance when it goes, truck just stops running. Pretty sweet if you're towing at the time. Back where my dad operates, he's constantly running some decent grades. It would be bad news to try and stop a truck and trailer with just the brakes and no assistance from the motor. All his trailers towing any substantial weight have brakes on both axles, but still. There's been times doing just the speed limit coming down some of the slopes we normally run, you need to pull down a gear to help get that truck stopped. Brakes alone are possible, but once the truck stops running it's a runaway rig.

P.Services
08-21-2008, 01:00 AM
add one more to the list..... i shut the hood today and the ram emblem fell off.

ksss
08-21-2008, 01:01 AM
My old 7.3L needed a tow only one time. And that was because I didn't have a spare CPS. Mine broke before most people had theirs break so it wasn't a commonplace thing then. Now everyone who has ever heard of a 7.3L knows that they had issues with the CPS.
Even then all I needed was another 7.3 to pull it back to the shop and a call to the Ford dealership.

I had a brother who I am no longer on speaking terms with (Don't ask) working with me and he hooked a chain through the hitch and hooked it to a 6 wheel MACK that was stuck and rather than easing tension onto the chain he floored it and it pulled the bumper clear off the Reading service body I had on it.

This truck routinely pulled the legal limit and then some up and down hills and everywhere I asked it to go.

That is one dumb brother. Why would someone do that? I also dig the tow/haul mode. Strangely enough my 5500 does not have it. Maybe because it is geared so low already.

CAT powered
08-21-2008, 01:02 AM
If his CPS hasn't died yet it probably won't. And tell him to get a spare CPS. Have him go to the International dealership and get a CPS for a Navistar T444E it's the same engine as a 7.3L I mean EXACT same. It's only like 10$ or something like that from International. I think it's like 40 from Ford. It's a good idea to have a spare in the glovebox of any 7.3L just in case.

CAT powered
08-21-2008, 01:04 AM
This is the same brother that drives a truck for a living. He has a triaxle Peterbilt truck tractor. You'd think someone that drove a truck for a living would have a little common sense when it came to driving a truck. But nope. Had to put the bumper in the bed and weld it back on later.

Junior M
08-21-2008, 08:07 AM
add one more to the list..... i shut the hood today and the ram emblem fell off.
hahahahaha........................... ok so has anything happened to the rear view mirror?

bobcat_ron
08-21-2008, 11:38 AM

Well that explains it.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/philly_hill_billy/dodgevagina.jpg

Ford still rules.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/philly_hill_billy/07173345.jpg

CAT powered
08-21-2008, 12:05 PM
That picture is just WRONG, Ron.

mag360
08-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Well that explains it.

Ford still rules.

That's chevy tough it would appear.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

TXNSLighting
08-21-2008, 04:37 PM
there is nothing wrong with them just dodge changed the manufacturer that year or moved plants and took them few years to get everything right again or something like that and every few will have tranny failures.. I know of two.. my cousins and we were about to buy one from my great cousin who runs a dodge dealer called us a told us that while he was driving it the tranny went out and it did the exact same thing my cousins did.. it red lined and then locked up and slid to a stop and then when you go to pull of it will red line and wont shift out of second or first i am not quite sure.. but the automatic tranny in those years is more prone than other auto tranny's.. that doesnt mean that all tranny's from those years are goin to go out but it is more prone in those years...

ya know its not quite just 99 & 01... try all of em up to 04.5!

TXNSLighting
08-21-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm thinking of getting a truck just to yank around a deckover and a little gooseneck and I'm definitely looking for a 7.3L to do that with. Once you put an exhaust, air filter, and a tuner in a 7.3 you can get some decent numbers out of it.

One thing I like about my six leaker is the tow/haul mode. Its nice to be able to go down an exit ramp off the highway and not even touch the brakes on the way off.

this is why you get yourself a nice 07 king rach and put a 7.3 in it! Done and done! You get the torque shift and that fancy king ranch interior!

TXNSLighting
08-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Well that explains it.

Ford still rules.

man thats not even a ford in that picture! Whos the dumbass who wrote that?!

Gravel Rat
08-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Those chubbies are Ron's girlfriends they are dancers from the Number 5 Orange Ron's favorite Bar :laugh:

Junior M
08-21-2008, 05:00 PM
ya know its not quite just 99 & 01... try all of em up to 04.5!
really? from what my dad's cousin in wv tells us it is most common in those years... but any auto could go out anytime...

bobcat_ron
08-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Those chubbies are Ron's girlfriends they are dancers from the Number 5 Orange Ron's favorite Bar :laugh:

Yup, these were my last girlfriends: :laugh:
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/philly_hill_billy/hotties.jpg

jefftb
08-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Ohhh my, I'm not sure if a vertical or radial lift pattern would be better for transporting and moving these ladies......:laugh:

bobcat_ron
08-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Ohhh my, I'm not sure if a vertical or radial lift pattern would be better for transporting and moving these ladies......:laugh:

A "zoom boom" would be better I'd say.

P.Services
08-21-2008, 09:26 PM
A "zoom boom" would be better I'd say.

yeah so we can carry them as far away as possible.

Bleed Green
08-21-2008, 09:37 PM
picasso how is the excavating job going? have any pics?

mag360
08-21-2008, 09:42 PM
really? from what my dad's cousin in wv tells us it is most common in those years... but any auto could go out anytime...

As far as diesel is concerned, the 47re got an extra couple quarts of tranny fluid around '98.5, '99. We have a '99 diesel with 144,000 miles on the original trans with a 50hp 120tq programmer and an extra 6-8 lbs of boost. It was my personal truck from around 80,000-110,000 miles but that just means it got worked even harder. I put a tighter converter in it when around when I relinquished it to the mowing crew and it held up fine. I think I may steal this one back from them anyway since the rest of the truck feels nicer than the new ones (to me anyway).

P.Services
08-21-2008, 09:47 PM
picasso how is the excavating job going? have any pics?

its at a stand still since the ol dad pulled his toys out of the sandbox!!

actully another guy pulled about 400 yards of clay out for free because he needed fill.

the new plan is to rent a deere 160 excavator and dig the dirt and bail it out of the hole. after it is pilled up i will use the excavator to load my kodiak until the hours run out. then i may have 8 boat slips to dig and a basement to dig so i will use it for that also. i know every one will say your machine can dig clay just fine but i belive with the amount of clay that needs to come out and how hard i will have to work my machine to do it im better off renting a machine. my ct332 will load the pile of clay once it is no longer virgin hard dirt. i will get it done, im planing on getting the machine next weekend. like i said before this job is not on any sort of dead line so no one is pissed over a week. i really feel like a dumbshit for saying i could get the job done no problem and then having dad bail out on me. but im not pulling 20k cash out of my pocket to pay for 3 days of work.

TXNSLighting
08-22-2008, 07:40 PM

Dodge auto's have never been up to par until the 04.5's thats a known fact with people who really know trucks. If you add a small chip to a cummins it will be done pretty soon, Ford and GM trans will last a while with small chips.

Im not saying all, but the majority.

Junior M
08-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Dodge auto's have never been up to par until the 04.5's thats a known fact with people who really know trucks. If you add a small chip to a cummins it will be done pretty soon, Ford and GM trans will last a while with small chips.

Im not saying all, but the majority.
oh.. it is just hard to find out the total truth unless it is in a magazine or comes straight from the dodge website. but i have never heard that before tho...

TXNSLighting
08-24-2008, 05:18 PM
oh.. it is just hard to find out the total truth unless it is in a magazine or comes straight from the dodge website. but i have never heard that before tho...

Everythings different in every area. Goofy how it works.

cowboytim
08-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Dodges will last as long as you maintain them i have a few and nothing but service to keep them running and makeing money The trans will last as long as you change the fluid and filter every year before snow and then a in spring. Chips in the diesels will not mess them up. I have them and run them hard every day. Have all three makes of trucks over the years. Will run nothing but dodge

mag360
08-25-2008, 02:52 AM

Dieseltruckresource.com or turbodieselregister.com will get you the best info on all dodge/cummins vehicles. Remember, majestic is a ford guy:)

Junior M
08-25-2008, 08:07 AM
I am a member of dieseltruckresource.com i havent been there in a long time but they do have some good info..

kreft
08-25-2008, 10:22 PM
So the job is still at a stand still?

TXNSLighting
08-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Dieseltruckresource.com or turbodieselregister.com will get you the best info on all dodge/cummins vehicles. Remember, majestic is a ford guy:)

How dare you! Im a cummins guy also. And i dont believe im majestic either...

P.Services
08-25-2008, 10:59 PM
So the job is still at a stand still?

yeah its a long story, i had a 160 coming in this friday but we put that on hold because they want me to re-do a baseball feild. and a pile of other work. i will get some pics of other jobs in that sub we are doing.

mag360
08-25-2008, 11:51 PM
:laugh::drinkup:How dare you! Im a cummins guy also. And i dont believe im majestic either...

TXNSLighting
08-26-2008, 12:04 AM
:laugh::drinkup:

:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::cool2:

Dirt Digger2
08-26-2008, 01:43 AM
Picasso it sounds like you have a lot more sh*t going on then you can handle....good for you...maybe its time to hire someone to knock these projects out...

remember its one thing if the customer says "take your time" its another if passers by see your equipment being pulled out halfway through a job...obviously nobody but you knows th circumstances but if you sub the job out...even to your dad...and he bails before it is completed some kind of action should be taken

good luck with all your ventures...it sounds like you got it going on pretty good
-Bryan

P.Services
08-26-2008, 01:29 PM
these jobs are all in one big sub with olny 5 people living in it so far, i know all of them and they all know steve (subs owner). he scoots me around to what ever is the most important at the time but when i do a job for a homeowner in there i work until its done. i need to clear a new lot (as of today) and then do the ballfeild then silt fence then cut trees for the road then dig and build the swamp.

Bleed Green
08-26-2008, 02:55 PM
post some pics if you have time

P.Services
08-26-2008, 09:28 PM
tomorrow i will take a few pics of a few things.