PDA

View Full Version : boucy trailer

ein999
08-11-2008, 11:27 PM
i just purchased a 8x5 single axle trailer and it bounces when getting pulled.

Even after putting weight (48" scag) in the back it bounces eve worse.

the trailer has springs and trailer tires( the tires a little stiffer).

My truck is a toyota tacoma and i drove it home with a chavy trailblazer and even with that i felt the bounce. Im wondering what should i do now the trailer place said they will give me a credit toward a bigger trailer. next size up is a 5x10 , 6.6x10 , and 6.6x12. They are all made out of angle iron and they dont seem to be balanced to well they seem light. they also have ones with steel sides wich im thinking would be better more weight better ride. I dont want to go to a double axle what should i do.

Thank you for your help and have a nice day.

ein999
08-11-2008, 11:53 PM
is there anyone that can help

TXNSLighting
08-12-2008, 12:30 AM
thats what you get for buying a trailer that light! Thats just part of it

dura to the max
08-12-2008, 12:45 AM
you said that you had the mower on the back. if you meant the literal back try putting it slightyl forward of the axles. i wouldnt want much bigger of a trailer w/ a tacoma though.

socallawndude
08-17-2008, 06:42 PM
I used to be in the offroad industry and I can tell you the spring rate has everything to do with ride quality. If it's bouncy the spring is too stiff, or the shocks compression/rebound speed is valved stiff. In either case if you want it to float, light rate is the way to go. That could be as simple as a lighter leaf or softer shock. Of course go by whatever the manufacturer reccomends, but there are certainly plenty of ways to resolve your issue.