PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think Of My Logo?

Captain K
08-11-2008, 11:01 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/skxlqa.jpg

dura to the max
08-11-2008, 11:27 PM
honestly, not trying to hate, i think it looks oriental and i dont care for the color scheme. get an American looking tree and some colors that relate to lawncare better and it would be ok.

NOOB
08-11-2008, 11:40 PM
What is the Big Bonsi tree for or the big oak tree
You need to look at what you do as far as a logo or get someone to make a logo for you professional one

Captain K
08-11-2008, 11:43 PM
honestly, not trying to hate, i think it looks oriental and i dont care for the color scheme. get an American looking tree and some colors that relate to lawncare better and it would be ok.
Not mad at u but I am oriental(lol)from Thailand but just want my logo to stand out from the rest and represent me...Planning on changing the color of the tree to green..I do water feature,landscaping and lawn care....Ok, for u I'll play around some more with it and what ever I come up with then I'll show u ok....

dura to the max
08-11-2008, 11:48 PM
i would just want a logo that had more landscape related colors in it. and i think an oak would look better, but from what you just said i can understand the tree choice. i want a logo to be long term that i can stick w/. imo it's an important decision, and it should be long term one, just trying to give my honest opinion. thats what LS is for.

Captain K
08-11-2008, 11:56 PM
What is the Big Bonsi tree for or the big oak tree
You need to look at what you do as far as a logo or get someone to make a logo for you professional one

Bonsai tree is me because I am Oriental....I am just a Oriental Guy that want to live a American dream in the land of the free and the home of the brave.....

Captain K
08-12-2008, 12:02 AM
i would just want a logo that had more landscape related colors in it. and i think an oak would look better, but from what you just said i can understand the tree choice. i want a logo to be long term that i can stick w/. imo it's an important decision, and it should be long term one, just trying to give my honest opinion. thats what LS is for.
I am planning to really do this for a long term and hope that I turn into a living...I thinking about taking out landscape and replace it with lawn care...

doubleedge
08-12-2008, 02:19 AM
I like it, I think it would stand out from other companies.

Runner
08-12-2008, 07:29 AM
Sorry. It looks like a dried out old tree, that has the roots pulling out of the ground from drought. Further more, it is red - indicating hot and dry. It just doesn't go with "water" and landscaping. Think "cool" - and green. That signifies health in horticulture. Furthermore, I don't think I would use the term "water". It just isn't an industry term. I would certainly use irrigation, if that is what you are going to do. Also, if you are going to switch the "landscaping" (that is if you are not a dedicated installation company), use something like landscape maintenance, or management if that is what ou are going to do. If you are doing lawn CARE, then use the term lawn care...but know this ahead of time... This is one of the most common MISused terms in the industry. The term "lawn care" is actually a text term - defined by the practice of feeding, treating, and curing by means of chemical control (not exact words). I wish I could find the reference to atleast one of the books (turf management text book) that states about this . Technical, I know,...but if you are planning on doing this long term,...you may as well be completely on the right track.
Anyway, I DO like the name, wish you luck, and hope you do well!

AI Inc
08-12-2008, 07:32 AM
Do you mean irrigation? Water is kinda a blanket word, people may think your a utility contractor.

capelawncare.com
08-12-2008, 07:48 AM
I like it! I agree the tree should be green, but I like it. Welcome to America. good luck!

MarcSmith
08-12-2008, 08:38 AM
looks good, maybe change the tree to a two color, red leaves and brown/grey trunk., and maybe some "dirt color" letters that are rounded to match the shape of the root ball so it looks like the the tree is growing out of the name. if you wanted to get "artsy"

Loose the water, and just have imperial landscaping.

as far as names/logos...the valley crest logo has nothing to do with what services they perform. but anyone in our industry knows the swirled pinwheel and who it belongs to. Brickman...couple of brown leaves...Vila and son...no logo....ect...

fwiw. what you you have now is clean and simple...and looks good...

skennedy04
08-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Here is mine

AJ Lawnscapes
08-12-2008, 09:20 AM
I like it. Completely Different than anyone elses. If it's what you want, who cares what we think?

RonB
08-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Think I understand why you used the word water, it fits on the left side of the p. I'm not sure what I would do personally without alot of thought but I'd likely use irrigation.

That would require a change in the design since it wouldn't fit so ..

try this, first on the tree graphic use opacity, (in PS or maybe brightness in something else) to tone it down. Then take imperial and move it on top of the tree. That would have the tree appear as if in the background and not be so prominent. Then you could use irrigation & landscape (whatever) below the graphic.

Maybe change the roots too. Use a tool to make a ground line, but not straight, more uneven like a landscape surface.

I like the idea you have, just play with it some more.

Captain K
08-12-2008, 10:02 AM
I really just want to have a logo that stand out from everyone else as I am driving down the road and in the neighborhood street....I know that a red bonsai tree look like a North Korean trees (lol)....So, everyone feed back on this is very help-ful and give me more ideas of how I am going to change this....By, the way my work truck color will be white so how will it look on the truck too?

Guzman Properties
08-12-2008, 10:13 AM
I like "Imperial Landscape Design" flows nice. I like the tree and color as well.

Runner
08-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Here is mine
LOL...When I saw this, I thought of the movie "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, world". It is a funny classic movie with an all star cast.:)

Captain K
08-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Do you mean irrigation? Water is kinda a blanket word, people may think your a utility contractor.

Yes!!! and this is all that I'll be servicing

1. Lawn Sprinkler Installation & Repair
2. Turf Renovation- Vert-cutting & Aerating
3. Landscape & Outdoor Lighting
4. Ground and Bed Maintenance
5. Turf Maintenance
6. Water Feature
7. Fall and Spring Clean Up
8. Power Washing
9. Rock Work

Tony Clifton
08-13-2008, 10:49 AM
I think the red tree is fine, virtually every friggin landscaper has a green tree in their logo (real creative). Also, nothing wrong with the bonsai, it's different and shows that you are different.

hackitdown
08-13-2008, 05:16 PM
I like your logo a lot. But if I were a customer, I wouldn't understand "water". And considering you long list of services, I'd stick with Landscaping, and not switch to lawn care.

Grits
08-13-2008, 07:07 PM
i like it. it's different, which is a good thing. I like Bonsai trees, too. You, however, are not Oriental, you might be Asian, though. Send your logo to kbkgraphx.com and he can make it look more professional.

dura to the max
08-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Yes!!! and this is all that I'll be servicing

1. Lawn Sprinkler Installation & Repair
2. Turf Renovation- Vert-cutting & Aerating
3. Landscape & Outdoor Lighting
4. Ground and Bed Maintenance
5. Turf Maintenance
6. Water Feature
7. Fall and Spring Clean Up
8. Power Washing
9. Rock Work

i would change 6 to water features

then 9 to hardscapes

02DURAMAX
08-14-2008, 03:24 AM
looks Good.

Runner
08-14-2008, 06:16 AM
And "Rock work" should actually be Stone Work.