PDA

View Full Version : DEMAND CS - Who uses this product?

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-12-2008, 02:28 PM
DEMAND CS

Doing my homework on insecticides with a residual. A few questions for those of you in the know:

1. What is your experience-with and opinion-of this product?

2. I notice that the standard application rate is 0.4oz/g, or 0.8oz/g (heavy). But then it also says to apply 2-5 gallons per M. Thus, at the standard rate, you're applying 0.8 - 2.0 oz/M... and at the heavy rate you're applying 1.6 - 4.0oz/M. Does that sound right? Where are you guys on this?

3. How much does the product cost? This looks like it's quite expensive per M...

4. What length residuals are you getting? The label says to retreat as frequently as every 7 days!! What on earth?

5. Do you run the regular rate or the heavy rate?

6. Have you ever used it on turf insects such as Billbugs or Sod Web Worm?

7. Have any of you tried the generic Cyonara 9.7? How does it compare in performance and cost?

Thanks guys!

Weed Busters
08-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Demand CS is a great product. It is a synthetic pyretheroid and will kill just about anything that walks through it. I have used it for ticks and fleas and also I spray bagworms with it. It will kill them like you lit a match on them. It is not real cheap, anywhere from 130.00 to 170.00 per quart, depending on where you get it. Scimitar CS is the exact same thing as Demand CS and has just about the same labeling. Scimitar comes in pints and is a little cheaper than Demand. They are both 9.7% lambda cyhalathrin chemicals. I usually use the Scimitar and mix heavy for bagwors, about 5 oz. per hundred gallons of water. When spraying on yards use 5-10 oz. per acre. Be careful with this stuff, wear protection when using and stay away from any water. It will kill everything that swims by.