PDA

View Full Version : please spray my weeds a.s.a.p.

americanlawn
08-12-2008, 06:16 PM
I realize this is dumber than a "screen door in a submarine", but....I went out today to spray nutsedge. It was only 2 inches tall....ooops. Waste of time, cuz they mowed right after they called in. Now I need to drive back in a few days to do it right. More gasoline & time....not good.

Anybody else experiencing this headache? ....customers calling in right after they mowed down weeds and expect prompt results.. rscvp, thanks :cry:

RigglePLC
08-12-2008, 07:51 PM
I hate when that happens. We try to tell them when they call. No cutting for 48 hours before and after treatment.

mngrassguy
08-13-2008, 03:03 AM
I always tell people, "the best time to spray is when it needs to be cut."

garydale
08-13-2008, 12:25 PM
I have had the same problem with impatient homeowners.
Example: Lady called about the yellow nutsedge problem. I arrived the next day only to find she had pulled most of it up that very morning.

Some people will not listen.

NattyLawn
08-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Happens to me all the time for Nutsedge apps. The price will go up next year, and re-spraying will be charged. Your time and gas equals a lot of money, especially for the owner of the company (american).

Frank Fescue
08-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Tell them when you can be back out in the area. That you have routes and its vital you stick to them. Act like you're actually being super-accomodating by saying you can be there in a week. They'll think you're going out of your way for them.

csmlawn
08-13-2008, 05:12 PM
I have standing orders with my contractor to call me and let me know what day they plan to come out to do an application. This way I can make sure we don't run into problems like this and/or my dogs aren't outside when they show up. If they just show up without calling and the lawn was just cut by my lawn service, it's on them. Plus the fact, I've been home before when an ex-contractor came by and I watched from my window as the guy in the truck jumped out and put a stake in the ground with a date/time on the card saying they were by and performed a lawn application.... SOOO FIRED!!! This is one of the reasons I make sure I get a call first before anyone comes out.

americanlawn
08-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Every day offers new "challenges". Today our T3000 was in a tight route. 2 lawns next to each other to treat (each lawn was over 16.000 sq ft) ...problem was one property just put up a privacy fence. Gate was locked. Not good. Seems lawn care services are last on the list of homeowners' concerns. Oh well -- I guess it goes with the territory.