Military Lawns
08-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Need some assistance determining the following:

5 cu. yards of red mulch:
Re-define bed edges
Weed, rake and remove old mulch
Replace with fresh mulch
Two labors

Can someone provide me a ballpark figure on what a job like this is worth? I have an idea. However, I want to be competitive and provide a fair price. This is the first time someone has asked me to do this. I am located in Central Florida if this helps as fair as competitive pricing, since most pricing is local or regional.

Thanks,

DJ-

Military Lawns
08-12-2008, 08:22 PM

28 cu. yards of red mulch:
Re-define bed edges
Replace with fresh mulch
Two labors

Can someone provide me a ballpark figure on what a job like this is worth? I have an idea. However, I want to be competitive and provide a fair price. This is the first time someone has asked me to do this. I am located in Central Florida if this helps as fair as competitive pricing, since most pricing is local or regional.

Thanks,

DJ-

JB1
08-12-2008, 08:28 PM

5 cu. yards of red mulch:
Re-define bed edges
Replace with fresh mulch
Two labors

Thanks,

DJ-

around $175.00 give or take a little, you did say you were in Florida.

Military Lawns
08-12-2008, 08:35 PM
around $175.00 give or take a little, you did say you were in Florida.

Central Florida to be exact. However, I need to replace close to 30 cu. yds and not 5 as previously stated. Curious as to how you came up with $175.00.

Thanks,

WalkerMike98
08-12-2008, 08:48 PM
I would be 2100-2500. Not sure why you are removing existing mulch. Would depend on how much removal is necessary.

Pro-Scapes
08-13-2008, 12:28 PM
yeah no clue why your removing the old mulch. Red mulch is yucky and may stain the driveway so be careful there.

Red costs me alot more... im about 75 per yard installed for it and usually try to talk them into natural mulch or straw.

Mikes on target with his price depending on the amount of bed work. Clean up alone before you even start to mulch might take you longer than the mulch will.

3 of us just did 24 yards with a major clean up and remove some plants in about 8 hrs. Similar job 22 yards very little bed work took about 3 hrs. This is using a tractor and bucket.

Military Lawns
08-13-2008, 02:04 PM
I would be 2100-2500. Not sure why you are removing existing mulch. Would depend on how much removal is necessary.

Customer wants to go from Pine to Red. I am desperately trying to talk him out of it.

DJ

Military Lawns
08-13-2008, 02:05 PM
yeah no clue why your removing the old mulch. Red mulch is yucky and may stain the driveway so be careful there.

Red costs me alot more... im about 75 per yard installed for it and usually try to talk them into natural mulch or straw.

Mikes on target with his price depending on the amount of bed work. Clean up alone before you even start to mulch might take you longer than the mulch will.

3 of us just did 24 yards with a major clean up and remove some plants in about 8 hrs. Similar job 22 yards very little bed work took about 3 hrs. This is using a tractor and bucket.

Customer wants to go from Pine to Red. I am desperately trying to talk him out of it.

DJ

Mike's LawnCare Landscape
08-13-2008, 02:40 PM
I charge $65 a yard But Thats IN NC and the cost of the mulch is $23 a yard . That is for jobs over 4 yards ! I add extra for the back side of houses.
Clean up price is Extra too .
Im just glade every one here hates the red mulch !!!!

NickWilson
08-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Red mulch up here runs around $28 a scoop (bobcat). We remove mulch occasionally. It is messy and time consuming. Best bet is to try and convince the customer to allow it to be done on an hourly rate instead of a bid.

NickWilson
08-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Im just glade every one here hates the red mulch !!!!

I like the red mulch. It can be messy when first applied but than after a few rains it is fine. I have red mulch around my house this year. I usually have brown but a new guy was loading at the place where we buy it. He was loading some really large scoops. Just couldn't resist getting some for myself.

Pro-Scapes
08-13-2008, 08:09 PM

DJ

How thick is the old mulch. If its real thin just put 3 inches of fresh over the top of it. I have NEVER removed mulch.