PDA

View Full Version : Walking boom

Hogjaw
08-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Would anyone care to share design of one they are using?

We have trouble holding our parallel to the ground, made out of 1/2" plastic pipe.

Thanks.

lawnproslawncare
08-12-2008, 09:02 PM
hmm...we used to have one for our greens at the course. Had two 3/4" pipes that went to the ground at a "V" with little "training wheels mounted to them. Then there was a set of chains on each pipe that you could adjust for height of the boom for operator preferance/coverage. Maybe this will help you. With i had pics

Hogjaw
08-12-2008, 10:06 PM
hmm...we used to have one for our greens at the course. Had two 3/4" pipes that went to the ground at a "V" with little "training wheels mounted to them. Then there was a set of chains on each pipe that you could adjust for height of the boom for operator preferance/coverage. Maybe this will help you. With i had pics

Sounds great, don't know if we could push one as large as the cracks are in the ground here in gumbo country.

Trying to come up with one that that I can hold in front of me and use on the end of my lawnjet or chemlawn guns, maybe 3 to 4 nozzles wide.

Thanks for your response.

lawnproslawncare
08-13-2008, 05:10 AM
thats what this was. Maybe 6" wheels and a hose attatched to a chemlawn gun end. There was 4 nozzles on it.

ToniDavies
08-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Maybe something like this?
Toni
www.rittenhouse.ca

MarcSmith
08-13-2008, 11:55 AM
how about boomless nozell....

My old turf wand was a B&G wand with a large 30* fan tip, and then I made PVC adapter that screwed into the tip end of a JD9.

Hose went over the shoulder, and started walking and swing from side to side.

And when at Disney, we have aluminum pipes bent with a fan tip fitting on one and lever action ball valve on the other. screwed into the hose and away we went.

While I agree that something like a walking boom may help you get done faster on larger props and may help eliminate over spray or doubled areas when you are are using low volume apps. It just seems like over kill to me.

humble1
08-15-2008, 11:03 PM
There is a guy on here chem thread, from Hawaii that mentioned he uses a powered spray boom off a backpack.

jspray
08-18-2008, 12:27 AM
This has always been called spray-hawk boom here. We used this as a modification to our deep cycle battery push sprayer. Can be used to paint greens or lawns in this configuration as uses 1 gal./1000 sq. ft.

In regular herbicide configuration sprays 16 gpa. One half ac. per tank (8 gal.). Aluminum construction allows light weight.

Uint will spray all day on one charge--then charge overnight with included smart charger.

Please see picture. Web site is proedgesprayers.com. Al. unit is just like steel one shown on web-site but considerably lighter.