PDA

View Full Version : Pricing

"Green" Question Lad
01-23-2002, 01:25 PM
Hello: I have a question about pricing but it isnt the "run of the mill" question. I am conducting a study for the US Navy groundskeeping crew at Pearl Harbor, HI. We want to know how we are doing and need comparable data, so any help would be very appreciated. Since it is widely recognizable that in order to give a bid out, you would need to see the property before fully commiting to a price, I am seeking a little different type of info.

Would anybody be able to help share data on past jobs by providing me 1) The area that was maintained, 2) The duties of that job (ie - Strict grasscutting), 3) The frequency of which that job entails (ie - weekly, bi-weekly, etc) and 4) The labor costs/Man hrs associated with completion of that job.

This would really help me to get a grasp of how the Navy at Pearl Harbor is really doing by comparing to some real companies. Please contact me at fkim@kpmg.com

Thank you very much.

Frank Kim

Lanelle
01-23-2002, 06:21 PM
Welcome to Lawnsite Frank. So our tax dollars are at work with KPMG? Check your mail.

Lanelle
01-23-2002, 06:26 PM
Hmmmm, a couple of thoughts about comparing mainland pricing with Oahu prices. I would think that many costs would be higher there since everything except the natural elements are 'imported' to the islands. Also, the variety of grass growing there and the soil conditions will be a factor. Does the cutting occur all year or is there a dry period that slows the frequency?

brentsawyer
01-24-2002, 08:08 PM
Not meaning any disrespect whatsoever, but from what I've heard on various political talkshows and research, any government job that is simarily provided by private industry can be performed for a 10% savings to the government by subbing the service out. However, I am not sure how true this is with the Armed Forces.