PDA

View Full Version : Wages?

pogo
01-12-2000, 12:53 PM
Wondering what y'alls opinion is for a good fair wage for a a lawn maintenance foreman with 1 year invested in the company and 10 years invested in the company? <br>What do you usually pay a newly hired laborer?<br>Thanks

lawncare3
12-21-2002, 09:41 PM
I would pay from $6.50- $11.00

FrankenScagMachines
12-21-2002, 09:50 PM
To me a good general laborer, trimmer & blower dude is worth $8/hr and if he gets real good at it, is reliable and works effeciently with a good attitude, etc is a dream employee basically then I would go as much as $10/hr. It would be worth it to me. Anyone who could run the mower as good as me would be worth $12/hr to me but I don't have a need for more than just me and a trimmer/blower dude. Well right now I don't even have a need for me haha but next year I should be busy enough to have one. My older brother is a very hard worker, w/good attitude will always help me etc. I will be giving him at least $8.50/hr maybe as much as $10 to run trimmer and blower.
Good luck finding good help :rolleyes:
Eric :cool:

little green guy
12-22-2002, 02:36 AM
Labors usually start at like 8.00- 12.00 an hour a forman with about a year with the company would be anywhere from 13.00- 16.00 an hour. 10 years I couldn't tell you because I don't think it's possible to keep anyone that long in the landscape buisness.

rodfather
12-22-2002, 08:11 AM
I have one foreman that has been with us for 4 years now (going on 5) hopefully. He helps me run the crews, estimates jobs, etc.

He is paid $20 an hour and worth every penny of it.

rodfather
12-22-2002, 08:13 AM
Sorry, forgot to add that a new laborer starts at $12.

TaylorLawn
12-22-2002, 08:33 AM
For 13 years I ran my business solo, kept my accounts within a manageble range etc...I would sometimes hire someone to help out during peak times, but they just did not "care" about the equipment as I do, nor did they care about time management, I guess that is because they were being paid by the hour....and I would pay 10.00 and hour....very fair....well, about 2 years ago I had a snow skiing accident and could not mow for a month...I had a very responsible guy that works for me at the Fire Dept ask if I could use some help during my surgery and recovery, and I said yes and he began taking care of my business....He was so competent and meticulous that my customers wrote notes to me about how well this individual was working in my abscence....needless to say I kept him on, and its been two years now and I pay him a profit percentage rather than by the hour, I know this could be unwise, but I have had the most profitable year this year that I have had in 15 yrs in this business.....I am convinced it depends on the quality of the employee...this guy was a godsend and keeps me motivated as well.....Good luck Eric

MSYardman
12-22-2002, 11:04 AM
Our laborers start at $7.00 - $8.00 per hour. Pay ranges go up to $10.00 per hour.

We take a different approach on our foremen. Pay is $10.00 - $16.00 per hour plus a 5% of the net profit for their routes. This keeps the focus on retaining customers and meeting labor and material budgets.

baddboygeorge
12-22-2002, 07:07 PM
i run my company an i also have a forman that runs a crew an i pay him 15 an hour .the goin rate here for laborers is 9-11 an hour an forman is anywhere from 12-20 an hour .i always pay a man what he is worth its worth it in the long run to me .