PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning vinyl siding??

81Bronk36
08-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Lets say hypothetically I was originally planning on using some run of the mill pressure washer that I would have to have rented and buy some kinda cleaner to throw in there. Then I read on here that high pressure is a bad idea on vinyl (about time I did some research, huh?) Could I mix up chemicals in a pump sprayer (I think it was bleach simple green krud and zip car wash IIRC) apply it to the house, come back 10-15 minutes later and rinse it off with a garden hose/nozzle. Is this a better way, especially if you factor in the lack of damage potential to the house, and that I can use the sprayer for future jobs as apposed to the $40 rental of the washer originally in question??? Is my mixture correct?? I appreciate any help you all may give me:usflag:

squirtgun
08-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Yes that will work,but it will be time consuming.If you are intersted I can get you the phone number of a power washing contractor in Valdosta.

81Bronk36
08-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Thanks, a full day and no call so guess I dont have to worry about it:rolleyes:

Den69RS96
09-25-2008, 09:17 AM
I recently bought a Ridgid 3000 psi pw for home use. I also have a husky 1750psi electric model I won at a raffle. The husky was almost a waste of time to use cleaning my siding. My garage gets very little sun so mold starts growing. The 1750 removed the mold, but I had to be right on top of it. Forget stubborn stains.

Now the Ridgid pw had no problem. I used the 25 degree nozzle as I don't have a 40 degree nozzle and I didn't need to get anywhere near as close as I did with the husky. I moved the wand a little closer for the stubborn stains. I was able to clean my garage in a lot less time and I stayed much dryer. I used Simple Green siding wash in both pw washers.

Barry M
11-07-2008, 12:20 AM
The simple green is the culprit. Use the right chemicals and you could clean it with garden hose pressure from 10 feet away.

PressurePros, Inc
12-08-2008, 11:19 AM
I could clean vinyl siding with a garden hose as long as I had a chemical pump to get the cleaners on. One thing from the get-go.. Professionals use professional grade equipment and cleaners. With a ten gallon per minute machine (at three hundred psi), the right chem mix and a day above 60 degrees, I can clean a 2500 square foot home in less than 2 hours by myself, my feet will never leave the ground and the gutters will be manually scrubbed with a specialty chem. Everything from the foundation to the highest peak would be immaculate with no damage to landscaping or vinyl siding.

shadow745
12-08-2008, 11:32 AM
The simple green is the culprit. Use the right chemicals and you could clean it with garden hose pressure from 10 feet away.

To each his own.... I use Simple Green mixed with standard 6% outdoor bleach and get great results on all surfaces without using a ton of pressure. I don't care what's out there because the mix I use works and smells OK for me. I have to be very cautious what I use for cleaning because of asthma/allergies. Some pressure washer specific cleaners are too harsh for me to smell and if something works as quickly and effectively as you say I can't see how it could be safe to everything it touches. Later!

blake101
12-26-2009, 01:25 AM
I could clean vinyl siding with a garden hose as long as I had a chemical pump to get the cleaners on. One thing from the get-go.. Professionals use professional grade equipment and cleaners. With a ten gallon per minute machine (at three hundred psi), the right chem mix and a day above 60 degrees, I can clean a 2500 square foot home in less than 2 hours by myself, my feet will never leave the ground and the gutters will be manually scrubbed with a specialty chem. Everything from the foundation to the highest peak would be immaculate with no damage to landscaping or vinyl siding.

Just wondering if you could tell me what kind of equipment you use to apply your chemicals? I am new to all of this and just trying to get ideas.