PDA

View Full Version : how to advrtize?

zim bob the landscaper
08-13-2008, 08:39 PM
how do you guy advertize your water features? i have done tons and tons of reseach and have bult a couple for family, but i cant seem to get any custemers for them

tadpole
08-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Having been a Water Feature Contractor for over 10 years, I can tell you: There Ain't No Sure Fire Way To Advertise. Newspaper, radio, TV and even the Yellow Pages are a waste of money. The sources of my business leads are probably equally divided between referrals, web site and general listing in the phone book. One excellent way to build a client base is to place a small ad in the newspaper stating that you do service and maintainance on existing Water Features. Most installers do not provide ongoing maintenance such as cleaning, water testing, etc. Once you have proven that you know what you are doing, the business will follow.

zim bob the landscaper
08-14-2008, 01:09 PM
yeah i never thought about servicing them. i love working on ponds i always an doing something to mine im starting a web site to soon im going to get pics of my pond after i fix it i looked at it the other day and someone or something messed up my waterfall and needs to be fixed

landscaperbob
08-14-2008, 08:08 PM
I purchase a lot of plant material from a somewhat local greenhouse/garden center with no landscaping service.After becoming a familiar face I approached the manager and asked if they gave referrals for pond work. BINGO. Another local supplier (AZ Ponds) that I use has also allowed me to display business cards there as well. Business cards, a web site & a sign on your truck are a good start. High profile jobs & a yard sign. Advertise in local rest/bar take out menu or placemats. As tadpole said maintenance is a foot in the door. I do a lot of renovations as well (trying to fix poor work can really be expensive if you can pull them off).I'm trying some unique lit water fountain features. But you really need a web site these days. The ability for people to look at your work sells itself.