PDA

View Full Version : raised patio design and questions!

scenicexcellence
08-13-2008, 09:28 PM
this is a design i made for a raised patio it is 2 feet high four inches of which on ground and 8 feet out from the house and 20 feet long.

What i am wondering is in the middle of the patio what do i use to build it up i was thinking some crushed stone then have about 8 inches of road gravel then 2 inches of sand for pavers.

The patio is going to built out of xl pro wall and i am going to use 8 inch steps created from xl pro 18" caps and use the regular wallstone double unit to make the risers. this will create 8 inch steps.

this is what i designed

what kind of price would you be charging for this?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/bboyfrost_7/deckdesignformariposacourt.jpg

the pillars will be four feet apart from each other and they are approx 2' wide each way. i will be capping them just didn't put the cap in the design.

let me know what you think and any suggestions you may have.

crab
08-13-2008, 09:35 PM
i mean this in a nice way,is there any reason for the pillars and iron fence,to me it looks like a fortress not something that invites you in.if there are security issues then i apologize .i just don't see the reason for the pillars.

scenicexcellence
08-13-2008, 09:37 PM
well they want a railing on the patio. got other suggestions

scenicexcellence
08-13-2008, 09:46 PM
ok so other than the railing how do i set up drainage under the patio can someone draw me something so i can see or just show me a picture.

crab
08-13-2008, 10:16 PM
sure maybe just the iron withought the pillars ,or you could do just a simple mahogony rail,what do you meen for drainage you just need to build youre base correctly.

scenicexcellence
08-13-2008, 10:37 PM
ok
thanks for the help now shoulld i use geo grid in the middle from side to side and front to back to hold it all together? in my opinion it will hold up without the geogrid.

My plan is to use 3\4 inch clear compacted then road gravel compacted in two inch layers for about 8 inches of road gravel and then 1 inch or 2 inches of sand for bedding the interlock.

between the road gravel and the 3\4 clear what should i put to make there or should i just put the road gravel right on the top of the 3\4 with out anything seperating them. also should i seperate the sand and road gravel?

i am going to create a drawing of what i am going to do pick it apart all you guys want i would appreciate the help.

scenicexcellence
08-13-2008, 10:59 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/bboyfrost_7/untitled.jpg

viet_jon
08-14-2008, 04:35 AM
What if you use the geotextile for the wall only, and not the base where the pavers go?

Reedee
08-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Just an idea, Glass panels may look good too, I would have to see the entire back side of the house. The iron does look like a prison, but there are so many home owners out there who think that "bars" look great. I don't understand it...The overall project looks nice, I think that the smaller size of the porch with the size of the brick collums take away from the project. Does the homeowner want to go bigger?

scenicexcellence
08-15-2008, 08:57 PM
This is all that allowed according to the city. The patio i have decided to present to him was a different one i will post some pics another time i quote for the 8' x 20' raised patio raised 2 feet with the stairs coming from the side of the patio rather than the back of it.

The patio will be surrounded with cedar 4x4's and cedar railings and black rods through the middle area of the railings

Reedee
08-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Cedar posts and cedar rails with the black aluminum spindles is a good look, even though I sound like a hypocrite, it does look like a prison, but a "nice prison" look. It looks better than the brick collums...