PDA

View Full Version : New walker picture.

ACA L&L
08-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Ok fellas I have not been on here for a wee long time. Been real busy with work, Im sure u all have been as well. But i did get this pretty girl today. Take a look.

Oh yeah less than 1 hour on it 20 hp ghs 42". $9000. a steal if u ask me.

Green Finger
08-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Nice mower just in time for leaf season:clapping:

Kennedy Landscaping
08-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Nice mower you have yourself there!

ACA L&L
08-13-2008, 10:15 PM
This is indeed the mower to have for leaves. we just sold our old one to a homeowner saturday, called dealer on monday picked mower up today. U cant complain about that kinda service. There was like a 3 thousand dollar diffrence between the 20 hp and 23 hp. I have always had the 20 hp so i did not see a reason to by the 23 hp. Any one else out there run into this small dilemha?

02DURAMAX
08-13-2008, 10:30 PM
nice mower!!!!!

deere615
08-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Very nice mower!

KrayzKajun
08-13-2008, 10:33 PM
very nice!!!!!!

KS_Grasscutter
08-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Looks good! One thing though, you wasted your money on the armrests, there is NO WAY to use them on a Walker.

Chestnut Oaks Prez
08-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Nice! A brand new Walker makes me want to wash mine. I never seen one with the key on the front. No control panel? Maybe the 20s are designed different.:confused:

ACA L&L
08-13-2008, 11:05 PM
The mower was in stock with armrests already. Not sure how u cant use an armrest, I used them today as i looked behind the mower a few times, and when i got off of it.

I was curious as to why there was no control panel as well. It runs awesome and has a the full warranty. It has the low oil sensor on it, and the hour meter as well. New design. either way runs awesome.

KS_Grasscutter
08-13-2008, 11:09 PM
The mower was in stock with armrests already. Not sure how u cant use an armrest, I used them today as i looked behind the mower a few times, and when i got off of it.

I was curious as to why there was no control panel as well. It runs awesome and has a the full warranty. It has the low oil sensor on it, and the hour meter as well. New design. either way runs awesome.

No control pannel because it is a model C. Only Model T's and D's have the control pannel.

ACA L&L
08-13-2008, 11:18 PM
No control pannel because it is a model C. Only Model T's and D's have the control pannel.

I guess the control panel is where we saved a little money.

Jason'sLawnCare
08-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Nice mower. Same as mine except the seat and armrest. You will love it. Yes, it's an MC. The difference in price here from the 20hp MC and the 23hp MT is about $1000.

If the ride is really bumpy try letting some air out of the tires. They look alot more rounded than mine do.

lawnboyscsra
08-14-2008, 06:25 PM
I have a MT20. Paid $9600. Great mower and the 20 hp is plenty of motor for me. Best machine on the market, by far.

ACA L&L
08-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Nice mower. Same as mine except the seat and armrest. You will love it. Yes, it's an MC. The difference in price here from the 20hp MC and the 23hp MT is about $1000.

If the ride is really bumpy try letting some air out of the tires. They look alot more rounded than mine do.

Right O, the ride is a lil jerky compared to the 99 model we babied for so long. She is a worker.

dura to the max
08-14-2008, 09:17 PM
congrats! great price on a great mower! i want to try one soon.

dwc
08-14-2008, 09:51 PM
I have a MT 20hp and MT 23hp. You can tell a difference. Part of it is the larger blower but it is also more powerful hands down. I can tell you the 23 does like the gas pump a lot more!
I bought the first 2007 23hp my dealer got in. It was $500 over the 20hp but given the chance again I would do it. The blower itself is worth the $500.

Nice machine btw! It will make you lots of money!

ACA L&L
08-14-2008, 10:00 PM
The quote i got was 9395. for the 23 hp mower and 1595. for the deck. which makes it 11368.06 for the whole deal

the 20 hp was right at 9000.00 for mower and deck. thats a 2100 diffrence. We wanted the dump kit and the deck adjuster as well on the 23 which made it more than a 3000.00 diffrence.

We decided to go with the 20hp and no extras. This way we could save a substantial amount with the cost of operating the bizness at its highest due to the cost of gas. I feel good about the choice and the mower sucked up some grass today on one of our 1 acre yards that was at least 6" tall with no problems. (by the rio grande). This mower is gonna work in the worst conditions that New Mexico can throw at it. Now back east might be a diffrent story. Im from Indiana, and the yards here compared to there is night and day.

S man
08-14-2008, 10:35 PM
$9000 for a used walker model mc sounds very high. My dealer has the model mc 20 kohler for $8000 new. I think you got ripped bad.

ACA L&L
08-14-2008, 10:41 PM
$9000 for a used walker model mc sounds very high. My dealer has the model mc 20 kohler for $8000 new. I think you got ripped bad.

It was brand new. had less than an hour on it. where did u get that it was used?

S man
08-14-2008, 10:47 PM
It was brand new. had less than an hour on it. where did u get that it was used?

How much does a new one cost in your area? If you live here you could get one for 8000 plus tax lets say 8800 and you're still ahead of spending 9000 on one with an hour on it.

mississippiturf
08-14-2008, 11:24 PM
OKAY, I agree. Its a nice mower. I'm not familiar with Walker because there's not a dealer close by, but it looks strange without anti-scalping rollers on the deck. Am I missing something?

Jason Rose
08-14-2008, 11:33 PM
I agree, you prices in your area are HIGH compared to here. I just bought a new MT-23 W/48" GHS deck for $9,400. (before tax of course) And this was no "special deal" or discount, this is what he sells them for every day. I don't know the price on a MC, but I know it's not 2 or 3 grand less...

Then added the Comfort seat and the rapid deck height adjuster (which is the BEST option ever invented for a Walker). I'm the fool that got the armrest kit with my comfort seat... A $66.00 option that I had to REMOVE after the first day. If you have really short arms they may work ok though...

ACA L&L
08-15-2008, 12:19 AM
I agree, you prices in your area are HIGH compared to here. I just bought a new MT-23 W/48" GHS deck for $9,400. (before tax of course) And this was no "special deal" or discount, this is what he sells them for every day. I don't know the price on a MC, but I know it's not 2 or 3 grand less...

Then added the Comfort seat and the rapid deck height adjuster (which is the BEST option ever invented for a Walker). I'm the fool that got the armrest kit with my comfort seat... A $66.00 option that I had to REMOVE after the first day. If you have really short arms they may work ok though...

Well u gotta roll with what ya got, I have a dealer that likes to make a few more coins than another. he has no competition in the state. He does however provide the best service u could ever imagine. Every part i have ever needed was in stock ready to go. From a new control panel to a gear drive. he had it and had advice on how to install it properly.

the mower was 7500 the deck was 1500= 9000 pls tax The 23 hp was 11368.00. With the deck adjuster it was close to a 3 grand diffrence give or take a few rubles. I could b forgetting sumin but, it is what it is. I own her now and im very happy paying what i paid. I know they will take care of me when and if i need them. Ok when, not if /lol:waving: Ive been in bizness for awhile and i know when im getting screwed and vs getting a good product for a good price. Its just that a good product at a good price. And a dealer that stands proudly behind his product. Since i started going there they have had the same faces workin and sellin that says a thing or two about what kinda service they provide. Im not saying im just saying.........:usflag:

ACA L&L
08-15-2008, 12:21 AM
Ok maybe just maybe if i drove to the walker :laugh:plant in Fort collins I could of saved a few bucks but i would of lost that and then some in gas comin and going....

STIHL GUY
08-15-2008, 09:12 PM
nice mower

BrandonV
08-15-2008, 09:45 PM
it's amazing to me the variance of walker setups around the county our old one was a 25hp and the one we added this year is a 26hp w/ fuel injection, its a beast and I'd recommend it to anyone who does really manicured yards/leaf pickup but I think they're overpriced for places that don't need that "vacuumed" look

dwc
08-15-2008, 10:10 PM
A Walker is good for what it is. Just like a pair of pliers won't work for every job, a Walker won't work for every job. If you are focusing your biz on doing an excellent job and want the equipment to get that done, then Walker is your choice.
If you are focusing on very large or rough properties, a Z is your choice. (or maybe the Super B) We have an older Grasshopper we use around our own place because the Walker's are way too nice to chop that rough area down.

ACA L&L
08-16-2008, 02:40 PM
A Walker is good for what it is. Just like a pair of pliers won't work for every job, a Walker won't work for every job. If you are focusing your biz on doing an excellent job and want the equipment to get that done, then Walker is your choice.
If you are focusing on very large or rough properties, a Z is your choice. (or maybe the Super B) We have an older Grasshopper we use around our own place because the Walker's are way too nice to chop that rough area down.

I agree. If we were mowing huge acre properties then we would figure out sumin else, but for now the walker fits us best.