PDA

View Full Version : What are the best websites to try and sell my Case CTL

ccstrebe
08-14-2008, 01:40 AM
I got 2 months before they deliver my 297c. I thought I would see if I can sell my 450CT for more than they are willing to give me for the trade-in.

Should I try ebay? Are there any specific sites for compact loaders?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Scag48
08-14-2008, 01:47 AM
www.machinerytrader.com and www.usediron.com

CAT powered
08-14-2008, 01:47 AM
You could always try machinerytraderdotcom

ksss
08-14-2008, 02:12 AM
I got 2 months before they deliver my 297c. I thought I would see if I can sell my 450CT for more than they are willing to give me for the trade-in.

Should I try ebay? Are there any specific sites for compact loaders?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Remember to include the sales tax on top of your selling price if you sell it yourself. So your min. number should be trade value plus __% on top of that for sales tax. I sure your aware of this but it can be easy to forget when your pricing the machine yourself for sale.

I use

Point2.com

Mylittlesalesman.com

equipmenttrader.com

You could also put it on Iron Planet owner auctions. You set the min. its more safe than a regular auction but they don't get the attention I don't think the the online auction gets.

Scag48
08-14-2008, 02:57 AM
I just realized, this guy is selling a 450CT for a 297C. This dude knows what's up! Hahaha.

Johnny-CAT!
08-14-2008, 06:58 AM
i don't think you can get enough off of ebay, but you can give it a try (what are they willing to give for trade in, if we may know?) you sure know what you are doing man!!! Trading in a case for a CAT!!! ha ha ha keep up the good work!:rolleyes::weightlifter:

ccstrebe
08-14-2008, 09:31 AM
The Case dealer was going to give me $30,000 but I'm not going with Case. Cat is only giving me $24,000 because they said it will be hard for them to move a brand that is not theirs.

ksss
08-14-2008, 10:15 AM
I just realized, this guy is selling a 450CT for a 297C. This dude knows what's up! Hahaha.

Actually I think that is open for discussion. It appeared that the cab sucked on the 06 CASE (it does). Drive to San Dog, demo CAT, order same. Series 3 demo with new cab, negative. The man obviously wants a CAT, give him a CAT.:drinkup:

bobcat_ron
08-14-2008, 10:24 AM
Stay away from Ebay and other "flea-bay" type sites, they are full of shady people, IronPlanet and those types of sites are way better and safer, they have full reports and excellent picture showing the machine's condition.

Junior M
08-14-2008, 10:35 AM
you might think of putting it in the local heavy equipment trader...

ccstrebe
08-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Actually I think that is open for discussion. It appeared that the cab sucked on the 06 CASE (it does). Drive to San Dog, demo CAT, order same. Series 3 demo with new cab, negative. The man obviously wants a CAT, give him a CAT.:drinkup:

I didn't need to demo a series three with comments like this from another thread--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We just got a 440 series 3 with ISO pilot controls, cab, a/c!! The cab is not sealed,but it's a way better cab than the old series, being we have a 440 old series i can compare...we've had this machine for 2 weeks now and theres a fair bit of dust in the cab already!! but i tell ya this machine is a beast with power!!!!!-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, the MTL was the other reason for going Cat.

I agree after reading alot of threads that the MTL is not for everybody. I'll admit that I was a Case man for along time, I've owned three of them. But after all my reasearching I'm now a Cat man. If I had to buy another CTL, I would go Cat!!

bobcat_ron
08-14-2008, 01:03 PM
I didn't need to demo a series three with comments like this from another thread--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We just got a 440 series 3 with ISO pilot controls, cab, a/c!! The cab is not sealed,but it's a way better cab than the old series, being we have a 440 old series i can compare...we've had this machine for 2 weeks now and theres a fair bit of dust in the cab already!! but i tell ya this machine is a beast with power!!!!!-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree after reading alot of threads that the MTL is not for everybody. I'll admit that I was a Case man for along time, I've owned three of them. But after all my reasearching I'm now a Cat man. If I had to buy another CTL, I would go Cat!!

Ditto.

There are lots of used Bobcat's and Case SSL/CTL's at Cat dealerships.

ksss
08-14-2008, 08:13 PM

Fair enough, the bottom line is it is your dollar and you spend as you see fit. Which was my point from the begining, if you want a CAT then just buy it. However, please stop with this research thing you talk about. There was no research involved in the process from what you have told us. Posting a couple questions on Lawnsite does not constitute research. Picking and chosing who you listen to is not research either. The guy with S3 440 who said that cab on the S3 was not clean gets more billing than numerous comments on CATs C series cab from Yellowdog? Maybe actually demoing the S-3 and come back and tell us why it sucked or not, would be more credible than second hand info.. If that is the sum of your reasearch, you might have overlooked a few things. Like MTL trade/depreciation values? There is very little value there. Check IP for yourself.

You say you would go CAT on another CTL, that must have been some demo in SD. You might want to actually get some time on one, and maintain one for awhile first. You may either eat your words, which is unlikely since at this point I doubt we would hear about it, or you might be happy with CAT. Who knows? No one does including you. You say your a CAT man, you might actually want to own one first. Some guys would own nothing other than a MTL and some cant get out of them fast enough. CAT isn't coming out with a CTL because the R&D boys were bored for a couple months. The good thing for you is, you don't log a lot hours so either way you should be alright. Best of luck to the newest on this board "CAT man" (that is not sarcasm).

BIGBEN2004
08-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Fair enough, the bottom line is it is your dollar and you spend as you see fit. Which was my point from the begining, if you want a CAT then just buy it. However, please stop with this research thing you talk about. There was no research involved in the process from what you have told us. Posting a couple questions on Lawnsite does not constitute research. Picking and chosing who you listen to is not research either. The guy with S3 440 who said that cab on the S3 was not clean gets more billing than numerous comments on CATs C series cab from Yellowdog? Maybe actually demoing the S-3 and come back and tell us why it sucked or not, would be more credible than second hand info.. If that is the sum of your reasearch, you might have overlooked a few things. Like MTL trade/depreciation values? There is very little value there. Check IP for yourself.

You say you would go CAT on another CTL, that must have been some demo in SD. You might want to actually get some time on one, and maintain one for awhile first. You may either eat your words, which is unlikely since at this point I doubt we would hear about it, or you might be happy with CAT. Who knows? No one does including you. You say your a CAT man, you might actually want to own one first. Some guys would own nothing other than a MTL and some cant get out of them fast enough. CAT isn't coming out with a CTL because the R&D boys were bored for a couple months. The good thing for you is, you don't log a lot hours so either way you should be alright. Best of luck to the newest on this board "CAT man" (that is not sarcasm).
I second everything you just said. The only way to judge a machine fairly is to demo it yourself in your own area and working environments and see how it does for you and your budget, then make a decision.

ccstrebe
08-14-2008, 10:16 PM

I don't need to demo an S-3 Case. They stuck a different cab on the same machine I got. Have you ever tried to change the oil filter or hydro filter on a 450? Have you ever tried to bleed the injectors because you ran out of fuel on an incline? You have to raise the cab to get to them. Have you ever tried to raise the cab on an incline? Can't be done. After seeing how easy it is to do these three simple things on a Cat is only the begining of why I feel the Cat is a better machine for me.

I've read all of Yellow dogs threads on the Cat and I can understand his frustrations after spending all that money on a new machine and I took all his comments at face value as part of my research. In fact I was a little worried about the Cat after reading his stuff, but once I saw the Cat in person and how the system is designed I don't see where 'if' I had issues with the ac I should be able to make it work they way I want it to. I own a manufacturing business and own several pc. of equipment in the $150,000 to $250,000 range and I have had to modify or tweek everyone of them to perform the way I wanted them to. I didn't get all bent out of shape because I spent a quarter mil on a machine and it didn't work the way I wanted. I just took a good design and made it better. It was no big deal, in fact I enjoyed doing it. If I have to do the same to the Cat then no big deal, I'll just be taking a good design and making it better. In fact I would share with pictures for all to see. I suspect though that I wont have any issues.

ksss
08-14-2008, 10:34 PM
I don't need to demo an S-3 Case. They stuck a different cab on the same machine I got. Have you ever tried to change the oil filter or hydro filter on a 450? Have you ever tried to bleed the injectors because you ran out of fuel on an incline? You have to raise the cab to get to them. Have you ever tried to raise the cab on an incline? Can't be done. .

The oil and Hydro filter. If they are the same as on a 465 than the answer is yes. The hyd. is totally easy. Tilt the hood and it is right there. The oil filter I will give you is harder to get at, certainly not impossible. You must have felt overly motivated to change the oil cause you have yet to log enough hours to need to service the machine.

Running out of fuel. First point is the machine beeps like crazy at two bars it then beeps at one beep. Either you or your hired help must be hard of hearing to run the thing out of fuel. I get fuel when it starts beeping, mainly cause it drives you out of the cab. Raising the cab on an incline? It might take two guys to pull on the cab on an incline to rotate the cab so. Bleed injectors? Totally unnecessary. You can prime the machine without rotating the cab at all. The access port on the side of the cab. Sorry you went to all the trouble. Some one should have shown or told you.

And thats all I got to say about that.

crab
08-15-2008, 12:21 AM
cat fight!

YellowDogSVC
08-15-2008, 08:09 AM
I second everything you just said. The only way to judge a machine fairly is to demo it yourself in your own area and working environments and see how it does for you and your budget, then make a decision.

Looking back on demos, I wish I had more time to do the maintenance KSSS pointed out. That's a biggy. A few hours or a day in a new series of machine ( or new to you) doesn't begin to tell the story of maintenance. I guess it boils down to how how handy you are and how much time each machine needs to keep up and running with all things being equal on the specs across the board.

YellowDogSVC
08-15-2008, 08:11 AM
Running out of fuel. First point is the machine beeps like crazy at two bars it then beeps at one beep. Either you or your hired help must be hard of hearing to run the thing out of fuel. I get fuel when it starts beeping, mainly cause it drives you out of the cab.

If it had been a bobcat it would have been on "E" for about 3 hours! That's tongue in cheek but not too far off. The needle is buried in E for a long time before you get any beeps. That' s a lot of warning. Most of the skids I have been in, CAT and Bobcat, give ample warning and you should have a good idea of when the machine needs juice based on the job hours.

YellowDogSVC
08-15-2008, 08:23 AM
FThe guy with S3 440 who said that cab on the S3 was not clean gets more billing than numerous comments on CATs C series cab from Yellowdog?

Good point. While CAT told me my problem was isolated to my machine (yet they didn't offer a new cab or new machine), I found out through PM's, phone calls, and word of mouth that other operators were having similar problems. I was disgusted enough to stop dealing with the dust issues and I sent the machine back. I wish I had done more research to see when the build dates were of the other people that were having issues since CAT told me it was an isolated issue. Could have been some bad components or isolated to a handful of machines but I'm hear to say that my C series CAT, which I truly liked, did not seal AT ALL even for plain, old, run of the mill, road dust. It also leaked water from rain, and from washing with a regular garden hose. Tells me there were some issues. I had a loaner 256c which had the same cab as my 272c and the same cabs as the new Cat CTL's and the 256c leaked water and dust too but I'll admit, not as bad.
I have come to the conclusion that the only skid cabs that are truly sealed are the ones that have had extensive weatherizing like Bobcat Ron did.

Johnny-CAT!
08-15-2008, 07:23 PM
how many hours on that case??

ccstrebe
08-16-2008, 10:46 AM
how many hours on that case??

335 hours. Want to buy it?

qps
08-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Ha...another CASE lover has crossed over...feel the power of the force.....on a side note...the cab on my 297C is quite heavy....I can lift it by myself but someone like say dozerman may have to call for KSSS to back him up:weightlifter:.....seriously the cab is heavy man...no way would I want to try to lift it on an incline...congrats on the new CAT, I hope you ordered it with the Amic's system....without it my controls are to jerky....I look like I'm having a seizure driving with it off....

ccstrebe
08-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Ha...another CASE lover has crossed over...feel the power of the force.....on a side note...the cab on my 297C is quite heavy....I can lift it by myself but someone like say dozerman may have to call for KSSS to back him up:weightlifter:.....seriously the cab is heavy man...no way would I want to try to lift it on an incline...congrats on the new CAT, I hope you ordered it with the Amic's system....without it my controls are to jerky....I look like I'm having a seizure driving with it off....

Thanks man.

I did order it with the AMIC. I was very impressed with all the things the AMIC can do. I also ordered it with the Case controls, in fact if Cat didn't have the Case controls as an option it would have been a deal breaker. The one that I demoed didn't have the Case controls and I felt very out of sorts using the Cat controls.

qps
08-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks man.

I did order it with the AMIC. I was very impressed with all the things the AMIC can do. I also ordered it with the Case controls, in fact if Cat didn't have the Case controls as an option it would have been a deal breaker. The one that I demoed didn't have the Case controls and I felt very out of sorts using the Cat controls.

Mine also has the case control, it was programmed in after the fact, along with a factory am/fm cd player.....I have had no issues with mine, except for the fact that this is a very large machine, it takes alittle getting used to...I traded my 247B ...( bad story)...in for it...I now have to agree with KSSS and others that the MTL is not the end all of loaders, its does not shine in what I would call heavy excavating use's, but it has it's place and does a great job for me, a CTL and maybe even a smaller one would fit nicely in my barn if the businee would support it....you will not be dissapointed in this machines performance....in my opnion...I tried almost all of them before I bought another CAT...again the 247B story, and it was the best choice for me. I got a flyer in the mail today that CASE is now giving away a free hat for logging on to there website and answering some questions...whohooo,,,first my CAT flashlight and now another CASE hat....I must be living right....

Scag48
08-16-2008, 10:57 PM
You guys run the Case pattern in a Cat? That should be enough to form a rebellion against you both right there.

qps
08-16-2008, 11:22 PM
You guys run the Case pattern in a Cat? That should be enough to form a rebellion against you both right there.

Whoo...back up.....we use ours to plow snow...and sometimes you get an ole timer who isn't up on this 21st Century stuff and needs those old school case controls...:laugh:

Scag48
08-16-2008, 11:43 PM
I run Case backhoe controls but that's it. What can I say though, I'm more and more of a Cat sellout every day. Outfit I'm working for runs nothing Cat except for the D8L we have, all the hoes are Komatsus. Lame.

ccstrebe
08-17-2008, 02:44 AM
Mine also has the case control, it was programmed in after the fact, along with a factory am/fm cd player.....I have had no issues with mine, except for the fact that this is a very large machine, it takes alittle getting used to...I traded my 247B ...( bad story)...in for it...I now have to agree with KSSS and others that the MTL is not the end all of loaders, its does not shine in what I would call heavy excavating use's, but it has it's place and does a great job for me, a CTL and maybe even a smaller one would fit nicely in my barn if the businee would support it....you will not be dissapointed in this machines performance....in my opnion...I tried almost all of them before I bought another CAT...again the 247B story, and it was the best choice for me. I got a flyer in the mail today that CASE is now giving away a free hat for logging on to there website and answering some questions...whohooo,,,first my CAT flashlight and now another CASE hat....I must be living right....

It wont feel big to me because the 450ct I'm used to is actually 4" wider than the Cat. The one thing I did notice on the Cat that will take a little getting used to is that it sits higher. I don't know by how much but I could tell that you are sitting farther away from your bucket edge in the Cat.

I didn't order mine with the radio because I really like Bobcat's radio with it's head phone jack and seperate control panel that I will locate up front. I like to use the Bose noise cancelling head phones when I'm working.

Johnny-CAT!
08-18-2008, 08:54 PM
no i do NOT want a case! ha ha ha (no offense) was just curious how old machine is that they are only giving 30,000..... good luck!!