PDA

View Full Version : Late Season Question for the Pro's

E.G.G.
08-14-2008, 07:55 AM
It is very late into the season so what are some jobs to pick up in the fall and winter months? What are some ideas to pick up new customers during fall and winter months?
The winters around here in Fayetteville are are not bad and not long. Very little snow if any at all. Average temps are 40 during winter months.

Thanks for any advise!

stevenf
08-14-2008, 10:57 AM
This is my first Winter to try and find work and I think im going to go the real estate route. I know a few agents and Im going to try and get landscape cleanup and painting jobs

NINER
08-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Leaf Clean-up Is Pretty Plentiful Around Here Til Jan. Take Classes In The Off Months Maybe Get Certified In Fert And Go From There. Oh Yeah Get The Equipment Ready And I Mean Go Through Everything Before The Madness Begins.

david shumaker
08-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Leaves. Cleanup work like overgrown properties. Winter is the best time to do nasty cleanup work because it's not so hot. Of course, people usually want you to do it in Aug. when it's 100 or more. I read and studied for my turf chemical application test last winter. This winter I am going to take the "Right of Way" test.

Lawnut101
08-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Like everyone said, leaf cleanup is your best bet. Advertise heavily and see what you get.

AzLawnMan
08-19-2008, 01:51 AM
In AZ we stay in the mid 70's so there is always work. But I have friends in the industry here in AZ that slow down in the winter months and they offer xmas light install and take down. Fairly low investment and easy to do. I have been fortunate enough to stay busy during those months, but clean-ups and extra jobs dont come around until the rains come in january. Thats if they come!!