PDA

View Full Version : Spray Truck value

ALATURF
08-14-2008, 10:10 AM
I have the opportunity to buy a local lawn care company that has about 280 accounts.Also included in the sale would be a 2000 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel with a graham built spray body. I believe its a 600 gallon main tank and a 100 gallon tank on the rear.It has one pump and two hose reels. Truck has about 75K and is in fair shape. About what is this thing worth? I am trying to come up with a reasonable offer but i also don't want to pay to much.

Green Up
08-15-2008, 02:22 AM
Is it close to Clarke county. Do you need another partner? Do you need a subcontractor?

Tscape
08-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Blue book value of the truck is a starting point. I would try to get it for that or less considering the market is so soft. The equipment is antiquated too. Do you really run spray tankers and pull hose still? If you do, you won't for long.

ALATURF
08-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Well i apply all my pre-emergents as liquid as does everyone else in my area. I also run Lesco HPS when we are fertilizing. So three of our rounds are liquid and 3 are dry with spot spraying as needed. Not that bad i don't think.

As far as the truck i talked to Graham equip. and that bed and setup is running around $20k new. So do you think the truck is worth around $10k?

ALATURF
08-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Green up- The only thing i'm going to need right now is a employee. Thanks

heritage
08-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Well i apply all my pre-emergents as liquid as does everyone else in my area. I also run Lesco HPS when we are fertilizing. So three of our rounds are liquid and 3 are dry with spot spraying as needed. Not that bad i don't think.

As far as the truck i talked to Graham equip. and that bed and setup is running around $20k new. So do you think the truck is worth around $10k?

In Very good working condition.....YES.

Pete

Tscape
08-16-2008, 10:44 AM
$10k? Probably, yes.