PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Southernman
08-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Hi I am new to the site and I hope I can learn more about the industry.

I would like to start my own Landscaping company but I would still like to keep my day job until the business takes off. I was thinking about doing it on the weekends and some Nights.

Would something like this work? What type of equipment would I need just to start doing lawn care?

Mike's LawnCare Landscape
08-14-2008, 03:42 PM
first thing first
Please do not by junk !!!
Other words if they sale it at Sears,lowes or homedepo ,do not by it there!!
I have been there and done that :wall:wall
even if it is say it's for LCO they don't have any dealer help or if it breaks it will take two weeks before they even get to look at it !!
Go to a local dealer and ask around they should be glade to help you out.
For the bigger items try and buy something used at first !!
hope this helps a little !!

Charles
08-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Lawncare is not easy to do part-time. I would think Landscaping would be close to impossible. Rain delay would be one problem. I don't think many customers would want a person working on their yard for an extended period of time, just because you had another job. Leaving their yard a mess for weeks at a time. I would hate it if I were at work all day and had to listen to landscape equipment just getting started when I got home or on the weekend when they want to rest and relax. Really, the best thing you could do is save your money, get a education/right equipment in landscaping and jump in full time

NickWilson
08-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Start working full time with a landscape company first. This way you can see what it takes and what is needed. When and if you decide it's the right thing for you than start working some jobs on the side. Than see about full time.

dura to the max
08-14-2008, 05:57 PM
i agree w/ the other posts. also use the search function on here to find out more and read read read. almost everything you want to know can be found on here.

Southernman
08-15-2008, 12:08 AM
I already know how to landscape so I don't need to work for some one. I make to much money to quit my day job. I love landscaping and I would like to see if I can start something part time and then maybe hire a couple of good employees.

Big C
08-15-2008, 12:23 AM
I already know how to landscape so I don't need to work for some one. I make to much money to quit my day job. I love landscaping and I would like to see if I can start something part time and then maybe hire a couple of good employees.

Sounds like you already have a plan.:confused:

Southernman
08-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Well I have a good idea what I want to do. I just wanted to know if anyone has been successful doing part time work.

dura to the max
08-16-2008, 12:56 AM
i wasnt successful part time while i was working full time for another company. fine working w/ the FD.