PDA

View Full Version : Triplett

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-14-2008, 06:42 PM
I am wanting to fall spot-spray my own yard for dandelions and clover (mainly). I have not been pleased with the effectiveness of retail Trimec on these weeds (hit/miss on the kill, despite spray at ideal times of the year). I could get my hands on some Triplett, would this herbicide be an effective spot-spray solution for the weeds described? I don't want to fool around any longer and would like a nice weed kill this fall.

tremor
08-14-2008, 06:58 PM
I sell pallets of Triplet every year & the customer are very happy. However if commercial Trimec wasn't working for you then I doubt Triplet would work any better.

What sre the active ingredient percentages of this "retail Trimec"?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-14-2008, 07:30 PM
tremor - thanks for the info, grabbing the bottle as we speak.....

7.59% 2, 4-D
1.83% Mecoprop
0.84% Dicamba
89.74% inert

Again, this is 'retail' trimec not a commercial product. If you could compare/contrast to Triplet that would be super, thanks!

Oh, for northern lawns I have been mixing 1oz per gallon for spot spraying.

RigglePLC
08-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Fill your sprayer with water and spray one gallon on cement. Measure how many sqft you covered. Mix according to sqft not an ounce per gallon. Check the label carefully. You are probably applying too light. The professional Trimec is about 7 times more concentrated.

pinto n mwr
08-15-2008, 12:18 AM
why not do a blanket spray in the fall and forget about it. fall is the best time to spray and have the best results no matter which product you use as long as you use stcker

mngrassguy
08-15-2008, 02:25 AM
Fill your sprayer with water and spray one gallon on cement. Measure how many sqft you covered. Mix according to sqft not an ounce per gallon. Check the label carefully. You are probably applying too light. The professional Trimec is about 7 times more concentrated.

I agree. Your spraying to light. Like Pinto said, add a sticker. How about trading for a place to goose hunt?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks guys...can I use a few drops of liquid dish detergent in my hand sprayer as the sticker - would that be satisfactory?

Also, I would blanket spray but I do not want to hire anyone to do it (I do not spray in my biz thus do not have the equipment to do it myself). MNgrass - I do not own land here in So. MN so goose hunting is out. I head down to IA to pheasant hunt myself on my folks land.

mngrassguy
08-15-2008, 08:55 PM
So I'll spray your lawn when I pick you up. My German Short-hair will thank-you. I have land near Austin also.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-02-2008, 04:34 PM
How strong do you mix Triplet for spot spraying dandys and clover in turf?
I have read the label but it gives a fairly broad range.
Who here has experience with it?

pinto n mwr
09-02-2008, 05:36 PM
without looking at the label, I would guess 1.1 to 1.5oz per gal. If you are spot spraying only, wait two more weeks then do it. If the product is not commercial then you need the best timing and now is the start of weed spraying season up here but in another two weeks or so is the really good part of the season for kiling.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Thanks Pinto for the info. Triplet is a commercial product (but am using on my own lawn only). Will plan to spray in a couple weeks then....