PDA

View Full Version : filter flush pic

greenmonster304
08-14-2008, 08:07 PM
update on my rusty well job. I installed a finer filter and added a valve to flush it before each cycle.

CAPT Stream Rotar
08-14-2008, 08:13 PM
explain how that bad boy works hoss...

greenmonster304
08-14-2008, 08:19 PM
i had the filter there so i just added the 3/4" solenoid valve and connected a length of funny pipe to it a run it to an area that wouldn't mind some extra water. Then grabed a spare wire from the closest valve box and wired it as zone 1 so it comes on before each cycle for one minute and clears the crap that is in the filter.

Mike Leary
08-14-2008, 08:23 PM
update on my rusty well job. I installed a finer filter and added a valve to flush it before each cycle.

That's the best way. I've used the RB scrubber valve & filter in the same
application. We found the filter needed to be cleaned regularly. It comes
down to no screens in pops & big nozzles in rotors. I insert a flush cycle
in between start times in one of our cistern sites.

WalkGood
08-14-2008, 08:31 PM
i had the filter there so i just added the 3/4" solenoid valve and connected a length of funny pipe to it a run it to an area that wouldn't mind some extra water. Then grabed a spare wire from the closest valve box and wired it as zone 1 so it comes on before each cycle for one minute and clears the crap that is in the filter.

Just curious, why flush BEFORE and not AFTER the cycle? If flushed after the cycle, then any crud has no time to set-up and stick in the filter.

Mike Leary
08-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Just curious, why flush BEFORE and not AFTER the cycle? If flushed after the cycle, then any crud has no time to set-up and stick in the filter.

Flush before and after application..that's what I said, I think. The screen is checked monthly, needs cleaning every time.

greenmonster304
08-14-2008, 08:40 PM

good point. I will go by tomorrow and switch it.

greenmonster304
08-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Flush before and after application..that's what I said, I think.

or what he said

CAPT Stream Rotar
08-14-2008, 09:23 PM
whats the specs on the well?

greenmonster304
08-14-2008, 09:25 PM
whats the specs on the well?

not exactly sure but i think its a 1 hp sub that also suplies the house puting out about 15 gpm at this point in it life.

CAPT Stream Rotar
08-14-2008, 09:28 PM
is that 1 inch poly i see your running?

I'm curious as to how this all works..so I take it that filter is before any valve but after the pvb in the system?

if its on the house i guess its on a tank n switch?

seems cool I like that entire Idea...

greenmonster304
08-14-2008, 10:19 PM
is that 1 inch poly i see your running?

I'm curious as to how this all works..so I take it that filter is before any valve but after the pvb in the system?

if its on the house i guess its on a tank n switch?

seems cool I like that entire Idea...

the main comes out of the basement about 2 feet outside of the pic (double check in the basement). then the filter, the main then tees and feeds 3 valve boxes around the property. the pipe in the pic is 1 1/4.

Waterit
08-15-2008, 12:00 AM
That's the best way. I've used the RB scrubber valve & filter in the same application. We found the filter needed to be cleaned regularly. It comes down to no screens in pops & big nozzles in rotors. I insert a flush cycle in between start times in one of our cistern sites.

With no screens, how do you adjust the sprays - and don't give me "by selecting the proper radius". Nothing is perfect, sometimes you have to turn 'em down.

Kiril
08-15-2008, 12:51 AM
How about routing that water so it can be reused instead of wasting it? :cry:

allinearth
08-15-2008, 07:08 AM
How do you get the valve to come on before and after each zone? What controller does that?

greenmonster304
08-15-2008, 07:18 AM
How do you get the valve to come on before and after each zone? What controller does that?

not each zone, each cycle. but i was thinking of doing that by making every other zone on the 15 station pro c the filter by using jumper wires.

koster_irrigation
08-15-2008, 05:00 PM
I install that same filter on every well installation i do.

Works well.

Mike Leary
08-15-2008, 05:08 PM
With no screens, how do you adjust the sprays - and don't give me "by selecting the proper radius". Nothing is perfect, sometimes you have to turn 'em down.

The only adjusting screw I ever used was when the landscape design forced
me into a VAN.

Green Machine Mowing
08-15-2008, 07:36 PM
I install that same filter on every well installation i do.

Works well.

i hate thoes filters, opening the valve just dosent cut it, i have a spin clean and i perodicaly open a 3/4 ball valve on it, i just pulled it out after a year and it had less crap then one of theoes veiw flows in a week!!!! idk y ne one would inatall thoes

Mike Leary
08-15-2008, 07:44 PM
i hate thoes filters, opening the valve just dosent cut it, i have a spin clean and i perodicaly open a 3/4 ball valve on it, i just pulled it out after a year and it had less crap then one of theoes veiw flows in a week!!!! idk y ne one would inatall thoes

Hope your kidding about the spelling:hammerhead::hammerhead:

AI Inc
08-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Hope your kidding about the spelling:hammerhead::hammerhead:

alcohol and keyboards dont mix.

greenmonster304
08-16-2008, 12:06 AM

if it had less "crap" wouldn't that mean that the "crap" is geting past the filter and defeating the purpose?

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-16-2008, 06:26 AM

Brass nozzles. But I find turning them down at the screw to be ineffective. We carry plastic/brass/L.angle/H.angle/xpcns/etc anything to avoid making a screw adjustment. We have even put Hunter SSTs with RB screens to shorten the spray.

Waterit
08-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Brass nozzles. But I find turning them down at the screw to be ineffective. We carry plastic/brass/L.angle/H.angle/xpcns/etc anything to avoid making a screw adjustment. We have even put Hunter SSTs with RB screens to shorten the spray.

We see way too many clogged heads to go screenless, I'd go through a zillion nozzles if we did. Mostly it's sand but we are also seeing a lot of mineral and algae build-up in our well systems as our water table continues to change (drop).

I've been trying some of the RB PCS screens again in an effort to stay away from the screw adjustment with decent success.

hoskm01
08-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Typing on a mower, also not smart.

Wheres your equipment list?