PDA

View Full Version : Dump Trailer 4 equipment hauling??

N.H.BOY
08-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Was wondering if anyone uses there dump trailer for hauling mowers like a W/B and a ZRT. I'm looking at getting a 16' big tex dump with ramps. Was hoping someone will have pic's with the equipment in it. and if this is a pain to haul around with...

Petr51488
08-14-2008, 10:40 PM
I have a dump trailer, but wouldn't use it to pull around equipment on a daily basis. Mine weighs around 3k empty, and thats just too much weight to be hauling around with a few mowers in it. If i were you, i would get a seperate trailer for equipment, and a dump for your other needs. I'm sure it beats taking out equipment every time you need to use the dump trailer.

mybowtie
08-14-2008, 10:49 PM
I see guys hauling skid steers or excavators..Cant say I seen mowers in one though. I see a lco around me with a F450 powerjoke and a 7 ton equipment trailer with a ztr and a walk behind.;)......:usflag:

wellbuilt
08-14-2008, 11:55 PM
My dumps kill the MPG I would get a lite trailer .I even pull a 16' ringo trailer with my mini EX its 1100 lbs less weight then the dumps . I put a skid in the dump if i have to , but it easier to load & unload on the flat bed . When fuel was .89 it would have been OK.

N.H.BOY
08-15-2008, 09:06 PM
No Ive got an 20' trailer I haul my stuff in, but was thinking about getting a dump and hauling my stuff in that also. I would need the dump for fall cleanups and spring as well. Just didnt know if any guys do haul their stuff.

talus
08-15-2008, 10:25 PM
N.H.BOY have you seen the landscape/dump trailers Felling makes? If you run solo without a dump truck it would be perfect.

N.H.BOY
08-16-2008, 07:11 PM
N.H.BOY have you seen the landscape/dump trailers Felling makes? If you run solo without a dump truck it would be perfect.

Nope I have not...Ill check them out, is there a dealer near you in R.I.?

talus
08-16-2008, 09:01 PM
I think Sunbelt rentals may be a dealer.