PDA

View Full Version : Case Skid Steer Question

E.B
08-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Just wondering, on the new series case skid steers,do you have to order it with sealed and preasureized or is that standard on all cabed machines??

BIGBEN2004
08-14-2008, 09:24 PM
I don't know the answer but too me it would make sense for Case to only offer one cab configuration (most likely a sealed cab) from a smart financial standpoint.

Johnny-CAT!
08-15-2008, 07:09 PM
a case????:dizzy: they would definitely not put on pressurized cab on there heap of junk!! ha ha ha just screwing around!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

ksss
08-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Just wondering, on the new series case skid steers,do you have to order it with sealed and preasureized or is that standard on all cabed machines??

It should be sealed. Whats the problem?

Junior M
08-15-2008, 11:12 PM
It should be sealed. Whats the problem?
well i know of one problem... its a case... then the next would probably be its a case... hahahahaha sorry for hi jacking your thread, ksss just left himself open!!

Digdeep
08-15-2008, 11:30 PM

I don't know if it's standard or not but my buddy is a Case salesman (ex Bobcat) and while they don't have a sealed cab unit in their yard he was at the Case dealer in Sussex WI and ran one for about 1/2 an hour. He told me that the pressurized cab will not keep tha cab free of dust and he doesn't know what standard Case used to justify the claim.

iron peddler
08-16-2008, 12:34 AM
well i know of one problem... its a case... then the next would probably be its a case... hahahahaha sorry for hi jacking your thread, ksss just left himself open!!

at some point you will hopefully learn to pick your battles a little better....a little bit of smart ass goes along ways..

stuvecorp
08-16-2008, 08:31 AM
I don't know if it's standard or not but my buddy is a Case salesman (ex Bobcat) and while they don't have a sealed cab unit in their yard he was at the Case dealer in Sussex WI and ran one for about 1/2 an hour. He told me that the pressurized cab will not keep tha cab free of dust and he doesn't know what standard Case used to justify the claim.

So it sounds like another manufacturer has put out a claim that they may not be able to back up with 100% certainty, all I can hope is they work on it and achieve a dust free cab very shortly.

BIGBEN2004
08-16-2008, 10:07 AM
I still don't see how a pressurized cab will help much since one the outer filters get dirty dust will come in and every time the door is opened it is always like a vacuum that pulls all the dust in from the out side and fills the cab with dust. I still say the only way to keep a dust free cab is to once a week or so take a air hose to the inside and blow out the cab.

Nel-Martin
08-16-2008, 10:19 AM
what i have done in the T190 is take a garden hose and washed it out then take a rag and clean it an wash it out again with the hose , air hose take's the dust out but then there still is mud an sh*t at the foot board area:D

E.B
08-16-2008, 01:19 PM
So a sealed cab isn't a dust free cab??? well it makes sense what BIG BEN said... is there dust in the new Cat cabs too??

Digdeep
08-16-2008, 02:26 PM
The only reason to seal and pressurize a cab is to make it dust free or as near to dust free as you can. What other reason would there be? If a manufacturer CAT, Case, Mustang/Gehl advertise a pressurized/sealed cab it should be. Why else would you pay more money.

ksss
08-16-2008, 02:44 PM
The only reason to seal and pressurize a cab is to make it dust free or as near to dust free as you can. What other reason would there be? If a manufacturer CAT, Case, Mustang/Gehl advertise a pressurized/sealed cab it should be. Why else would you pay more money.

My plan is to take one out and run it. It has not rained here since early Spring. Great time to do some rock raking and test a cab out for myself. I would like to see how the cab performs.