PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from today

S man
08-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Here's some lawns from today. It was a great day! Not too hot, not very humid, and a cool breaze. the exmark did great as usual. And the first pics it almost looks like I'm striping. This grass down here just doesn't stripe too well ever! Enjoy.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_1030.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_1029.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_1035.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_1034.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_1032.jpg

S man
08-14-2008, 10:59 PM
More.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_1036.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_1039.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_1040.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_1042.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_1043.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_1044.jpg

SNAPPER MAN
08-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Looks nice but I would personally never put a zero turn on those tiny yards.

mississippiturf
08-14-2008, 11:33 PM
The quality of the jobs speaks highly for the method you choose to accomplish the task. Zero turns have a place for smaller lawns if the operator is familiar with the do's and don't in small spaces.

02DURAMAX
08-14-2008, 11:48 PM
Idk If its just me Be it looks like it cuts very uneven and Cuts Very Bad!..Nice mower Though

ACA L&L
08-14-2008, 11:51 PM
that is some set up u got there. Why not put it all on a trailer and use a 4 wheeler, save the stress on your mower and hours of use............

Marco LLP
08-14-2008, 11:52 PM
I have to agree it looks uneven but how the hell could you cut a yard that small uneven? It must be something with the light

02DURAMAX
08-15-2008, 12:07 AM
I have to agree it looks uneven but how the hell could you cut a yard that small uneven? It must be something with the light

I bet his deck is not set right

mag360
08-15-2008, 12:52 AM
Looks like your blade is bent on the non-discharge side. Or possibly your deck worked out of level. If you have a concrete driveway or garage floor you can check with a 6 inch ruler.
Good luck---also it looks like you'll be able to stripe that stuff of. Just use the full width of the deck (don't overlap) and they should show up nicely.

Let us know if it was just a bent blade or the deck level.

02DURAMAX
08-15-2008, 01:13 AM
Why do you carry both blowers??..now that you have a handheld you should be fine with just that one...I never use my 751 for mowing jobs only if it a very big job..also how many hours on the exmark?

DoetschOutdoor
08-15-2008, 08:57 AM
You should try going around the perimeter 2 times and then keeping straight lines and not running all over the place. Even on the very few yards my exmark wont stripe, it leaves a uniformed cut. Your yards always have a bunch of random lines and marks all over the place....are you mowing and then just runnin the mower back over everything? Makes no sense. Those yards, if they dont stripe, should be clean and you should see little in the way of stray marks.

nemow
08-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks for putting in the time to take pictures and posting them. Now close your eyes and put your hands over your head so people on this board can take turns kicking you in the nuts. Is your customer happy? Are you happy? Looks good to me. You'll get the hang of it.

All_Toro_4ME
08-15-2008, 09:19 AM
I agree with nemow. The pics look fine to me. As long as the customer is happy and you're getting paid, thats really all that matters. The southern grass is tough to stripe, but to obtain straight lines with the Z with little or no overlap can definately be acheived, just takes time and some practice. Good job, keep it up.

grass2cash
08-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Thanks for putting in the time to take pictures and posting them. Now close your eyes and put your hands over your head so people on this board can take turns kicking you in the nuts. Is your customer happy? Are you happy? Looks good to me. You'll get the hang of it.

NO DOUBT!!!! I was thinking the same thing...

Man, just do you!!! Cut for your customers and yourself and not for the sake of this site.

JimmyStew
08-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Hey, what's up with the sidewalk in those pictures?? Looks like its really dirty except where there was recently grass growing over the sides?

TPLawnPro
08-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Looks good S man. I'll bet those Loyola Ave. customers really appreciate your neatness.

Did you ever get yourself a blade sharpening setup?

deere615
08-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Looks good but I probably wouldn't take that big of mower on those yards either

wayside
08-15-2008, 11:41 PM

i just Dont get some people on this site , He has a 46'' deck thats fine for those size yard's zero turn or wb same crap, you just have to know what your doing .

Now if he had a 50'' deck or bigger than yeah no point.

lifetree
08-16-2008, 07:03 AM
... I would personally never put a zero turn on those tiny yards.

That's what I was thinking ... maybe a WB would be more appropriate for postage stamp yards of that size !!

ALC-GregH
08-16-2008, 09:27 AM
I can't see why that grass won't stripe. I think the deck is off alittle. My Tiger Cub stripes great without the striper kit. I wouldn't hesitate using my Scag on those lawns. If you know what your doing, you'll cut more grass quicker and still get the same or better finish.

81Bronk36
08-16-2008, 09:38 AM
are you on your 3rd mower this year??

George Mason
08-16-2008, 10:09 AM
The quality of the jobs speaks highly for the method you choose to accomplish the task. Zero turns have a place for smaller lawns if the operator is familiar with the do's and don't in small spaces.

I agree with that 100%, results don't lie and that's a fine looking job. Keep it up.

S man
08-16-2008, 12:30 PM
I've been gone for a while so heres an update. My machine does have something wrong with it. I don't know what but it seems like the deck is off just a bit and the airflow is messed up. I'm going to have the dealer look at it and try some different blades and stuff. The mower has 65 hrs I believe. And I bring both blowers because when there's a a lot of grass in one area it takes longer to clean with the handheld so I bring the backpack just in case. I love all my redmax stuff. Oh and I'm going to demo a scag 48" on some of my lawns just to see what kind of cut it leaves. It should be interesting.
This is my 5th year of work.

TPLawnPro
08-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Here Comes The Rain!!! The New Orleans Metro is about to get a soakin'!

jimithing31
08-16-2008, 01:29 PM

Then you would not make much money in FL.

02DURAMAX
08-16-2008, 03:57 PM
I've been gone for a while so heres an update. My machine does have something wrong with it. I don't know what but it seems like the deck is off just a bit and the airflow is messed up. I'm going to have the dealer look at it and try some different blades and stuff. The mower has 65 hrs I believe. And I bring both blowers because when there's a a lot of grass in one area it takes longer to clean with the handheld so I bring the backpack just in case. I love all my redmax stuff. Oh and I'm going to demo a scag 48" on some of my lawns just to see what kind of cut it leaves. It should be interesting.
This is my 5th year of work.

didnt I read a post that you said you demoed one and It sucked at cutting??

razor1
08-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Looks good, I've run 60's on lawns that size with no problemo. Is that a roll bar/sun shade and how do you like it?

lil_cote_93
08-16-2008, 06:24 PM
man nice set up..... i like the exmark 21

SNAPPER MAN
08-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Jimithing, I would make money becasue once you become efficient with a walkbehind t is faster on smaller properties. I just personally think that a ztr is too heavy to put on lawns that small.

Matts lawn care
08-16-2008, 07:52 PM
well... It does give youa reason to upsell them on an aeration.:laugh:

S man
08-16-2008, 08:58 PM
didnt I read a post that you said you demoed one and It sucked at cutting??
Are you talking about scag? I haven't demoed one yet only I have seen some work done with them and one was a large commercial property and it looked amazing. But then I saw some lawns cut with one including the yard behind mine and they look bad. Mostly it's because the grass here is so thick that there's lots of clumps after discharging or mulching. But my lazer z seems to leave a better finish than scag. Just my opinion but I will demo one on my own lawns to see what I think personally.
Looks good, I've run 60's on lawns that size with no problemo. Is that a roll bar/sun shade and how do you like it?
The shade is great. I would like to take the whole thing off rops and all but I really like the shade when it rains and it helps with the heat and sun.
Jimithing, I would make money becasue once you become efficient with a walkbehind t is faster on smaller properties. I just personally think that a ztr is too heavy to put on lawns that small.
I have talked to many guys in my area and most say stay away from a w/b. The pistols I hear are bad on the hands and the belts are a pain when it's wet or humid. I think having a 34" compact rider makes more sense because of the true zero turn ability and being able to change deck height quick. Also you're sitting down so you're not working as hard and the machine is doing the work not you. I guess a w/b wouldn't be so bad if it's not used as a main mower. Otherwise it just makes more sense to grab a rider. I was originally going with a 36 toro w/b but my dealer told me to get the phazer 34" for a few hundred more. It was the best mower I ever had. I'm still wondering why in the H... I sold it!:cry:

South Florida Lawns
08-16-2008, 10:03 PM
WTF all you norther yanks need to lay off him. You don't understand St. Agugustine, it will hardly stripe at all. It may look rough to you, its not. Its a very thick and quick growing grass, almost like your crab grass.

Oh and why use a little wb on a yard like that if you got a 52 or 60. Gotta make money some how, especially when you got 200 accounts to do in a week. But most of you bitching about his work wouldn't understand that cuz you got 15 lawns and a bunch of time on the weekend with your garden tractor.

Thats a sick eXmark bro the best cutting machine you can get, you have been progressing real fast over the years. I know you will be huge in no time.

SNAPPER MAN
08-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Scott, the pistols do suck on the hands but for backyards there is no better machine than a 32. If i had a bag for my ztr I would use it on most of my medium sized front yards but so many people have to have it bagged. I still need to go look at that phazer for you.

razor1
08-16-2008, 10:41 PM
"The shade is great. I would like to take the whole thing off rops and all"

8 bolts and it's off! :help: You didn't hear it from me though. :nono::laugh:

S man
08-17-2008, 05:33 PM
"The shade is great. I would like to take the whole thing off rops and all"

8 bolts and it's off! :help: You didn't hear it from me though. :nono::laugh:
I know. I will take it off around fall to winter.
Scott, the pistols do suck on the hands but for backyards there is no better machine than a 32. If i had a bag for my ztr I would use it on most of my medium sized front yards but so many people have to have it bagged. I still need to go look at that phazer for you.
Why not put a mulch kit on the tank? I think it would do great with one. You have 23 horses there, put them to use! :weightlifter: And yeah please check on the phazer if it's still there.
WTF all you norther yanks need to lay off him. You don't understand St. Agugustine, it will hardly stripe at all. It may look rough to you, its not. Its a very thick and quick growing grass, almost like your crab grass.

Oh and why use a little wb on a yard like that if you got a 52 or 60. Gotta make money some how, especially when you got 200 accounts to do in a week. But most of you bitching about his work wouldn't understand that cuz you got 15 lawns and a bunch of time on the weekend with your garden tractor.

Thats a sick eXmark bro the best cutting machine you can get, you have been progressing real fast over the years. I know you will be huge in no time.

Thanks sfl! I know are grass is super thick and grows like a motha down here. The 46 is the perfect medium to big size lawn machine. most gates are actually 48-50" in my area. Some aren't. That's where the 32" w/b or phazer is needed badly!!!

02DURAMAX
08-17-2008, 05:53 PM

Yea I have one lawn and sharpen my blades so much in my free time that i have to buy new ones after Im done....Oh and I love my murrays Tractor...Best cut ever!!.....:hammerhead::hammerhead::dizzy::dizzy:..Dumba$$ I was never bashing him!

freshprince94
08-17-2008, 05:58 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with those lawns...and down here people put Zs on any lawn they fit on. S-Man was scalping with the Lazer a few months ago but he seems to have raised the deck. Nice job Scott.

S man
08-18-2008, 12:26 AM
I don't think there is anything wrong with those lawns...and down here people put Zs on any lawn they fit on. S-Man was scalping with the Lazer a few months ago but he seems to have raised the deck. Nice job Scott.

I've gone up from 2.75 and 3 to 3.25 and 3.5. I go to 3.75 on the really thick lawns. I'm getting an ocdc for the lazer because I feel with taking less grass off I can discharge most lawns and make them look better than with the mulch kit. With the kit on the triton it seems I've lost air flow and am getting stragglers like crazy and little mulch clumps which of course must be ran over twice for the nice appearance that's a must. With the high lifts discharging the cut looks much cleaner and the deck has better vacuum. I do need to have my dealer adjust it though. It does cut uneven on some turf.

The Grass Guy
08-18-2008, 12:56 AM
Great looking work,and the best thing about it growing so fast down there is next week yull never know it was out of adjustment.I picked up a small Wright Stander RH 36" I love the way it cuts and its pretty fast,not to mention fun.I traded off a 36" Toro gear drive which was a pain in small areas.I have learned to use this Wright on the bigger yards as a tranportation device (4-5 acres) I can string trim,and blow without getting off of it,really cuts down on the walk time.

kleankutslawn
08-18-2008, 01:30 AM
keep at it buddy.its coming together for you!

jbannick18
08-18-2008, 02:26 AM
I've gone up from 2.75 and 3 to 3.25 and 3.5. I go to 3.75 on the really thick lawns. I'm getting an ocdc for the lazer because I feel with taking less grass off I can discharge most lawns and make them look better than with the mulch kit. With the kit on the triton it seems I've lost air flow and am getting stragglers like crazy and little mulch clumps which of course must be ran over twice for the nice appearance that's a must. With the high lifts discharging the cut looks much cleaner and the deck has better vacuum. I do need to have my dealer adjust it though. It does cut uneven on some turf.

Are you cutting floratam? I wouldn't dare cut any of mine at 3.5, it would just scalp the entire thing. Im at 4 and 4 1/4 and mine still look like a carpet after I'm finished.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/kamuiii/050.jpg

Kind of a crappy picture, took it with my phone but thats what my cut looks like on Floratam

S man
08-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Are you cutting floratam? I wouldn't dare cut any of mine at 3.5, it would just scalp the entire thing. Im at 4 and 4 1/4 and mine still look like a carpet after I'm finished.

Kind of a crappy picture, took it with my phone but thats what my cut looks like on Floratam

Nice. I really haven't heard of that grass?

jbannick18
08-18-2008, 05:33 PM
It's St. Augustine just a different kind. Its used all over central florida. In my area there is a big problem with creating tracks because it is always so wet, lately i've had to resort to walking behind my wb instead of a velke

freshprince94
08-18-2008, 06:57 PM

What neighborhood is that?

jbannick18
08-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Avalon Lakes in Orlando

freshprince94
08-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Avalon Lakes in Orlando

cool, and nice work!

JJLMC
08-18-2008, 08:24 PM
S man hows that exmark? I've seen you've gone through QUITE a few mowers this spring. Have you reached green yet?

S man
08-19-2008, 08:31 PM
S man hows that exmark? I've seen you've gone through QUITE a few mowers this spring. Have you reached green yet?

Yeah that was a mess. emxark seems to be the best overall brand for me. Only I should have kept the phazer and slowly added the lazer z. So I need a used phazer soon. The exmark was piad cash from the two I sold so it's paid but I did make that money up in a hurry so the mower is really paid off.

brucec32
09-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Guys. It's LOUISIANA, not up north. This grass doesn't look the same when mowed and it certainly doesn't lay over and stripe like bluegrass. It's St. Aug from the looks of it and that's very stiff and coarse and has huge stolons running around on the surface.

You guys are blessed with the best turfgrass around. You can't make the other kinds look like yours.