PDA

View Full Version : AG Grand

Green Machine Mowing
08-15-2008, 12:30 PM
ive read about this stuff and almost got some in the spring, sounds like good stuff, anyone have any experience with it??

heres a link

http://guarding-our-earth.com/aggrand/seeforyourself.htm

PaperCutter
08-15-2008, 01:01 PM
That's hilarious- my AMSOIL guy just sent me something on Aggrand stuff, and I popped on here to see what was up! Great minds?

I searched through the old threads, and there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of definitive experience with it. I saw that DeepGreenLawns said he was going to try it- did anything come of that?

One of the questions I have from this is I saw someone make mention of unacceptable levels of lead/heavy metals in the Aggrand product. What is considered an "acceptable" ppm? I clicked through the link and saw that arsenic, for instance, was 10 ppm- how does that compare?

Green Machine Mowing
08-15-2008, 01:09 PM
idk, heavymedals kinda reverse the idea of an organic, good for the eath fertalizer. i think part of whats in there is algee or kelp or sumthing, maybe their getting off of the coast of china and its sucking up all of the bullshit that they dump in the water

PaperCutter
08-15-2008, 01:34 PM
ok, YES, I'm not saying I'm going out looking for lead and copper filled sludge, but let's be honest- certain things show up everywhere. If something contains x ppm and 10x ppm is what's normally found in the soil, and the EPA (for whatever they're worth at this point) is ok with up to 100x, I'm not going to freak out. I just have no point of reference.

There's a trade-off with everything. The new pressure treated lumber, ACQ, is supposed to be a lot safer for humans, but I can't use it around koi ponds because the copper leaches out in high enough concentrations to be toxic to the critters. I'm really, really glad my fish guy told me that before I built a footbridge out of p/t. So, I'd rather get all the objective facts- or at least where to find them- and make up my own mind.

DeepGreenLawn
08-19-2008, 10:47 AM
I got most of a 55 gal drum you can have if you come get it. The stuff STINKS, I put it down for a few treatments and had people 2 houses down coming out trying to find the rotting dead animal in their garage/ around their house. If you can find a way to use it then go for it. If you want to grow an organic company... lets just say that the houses I put it down at... their neighbors aren't going organic anytime soon.

But... like I said, I got a 55 gal drum you are more than welcome to.

PaperCutter
08-19-2008, 11:15 AM
lol... I'll pass. The AMSOIL guy is in my leadshare group, so I wanted to at least try and get some objective feedback before just turning him down. It didn't sound like something that jived with everything I've been reading here, though.

DeepGreenLawn
08-19-2008, 11:19 AM
My dealer was trying to get me a 2 gal drum to test but it never came and it came down to that or something else so I told him to go ahead and get me it due to the research I did on it. That was a mistake... if you know anyone in the GA area that might want it they can have it, it is just taking up space in my barn and stinking up the place.

DeepGreenLawn
08-19-2008, 11:21 AM
I asked the guys at Amsoil, Aggrand, whatever they are, if there was anything that I could do to get rid of the smell, they said it was the fish oils they used, I told them they had to get rid of the smell before I or anyone else bought it again, I don't know how they expect to sell the stuff continuously with that stinch it has. It is unbelievably bad. Like I said, houseS down were coming out inquiring about the stinch going around. And they weren't happy about it either.

ted putnam
08-19-2008, 11:31 AM
I asked the guys at Amsoil, Aggrand, whatever they are, if there was anything that I could do to get rid of the smell, they said it was the fish oils they used, I told them they had to get rid of the smell before I or anyone else bought it again, I don't know how they expect to sell the stuff continuously with that stinch it has. It is unbelievably bad. Like I said, houseS down were coming out inquiring about the stinch going around. And they weren't happy about it either.

That answers my question on it in a different thread!:nono:

growingdeeprootsorganicly
08-19-2008, 04:21 PM
bad smell= bad biz

treegal1
08-19-2008, 06:57 PM
we make our own fish oil and it does not smell that bad!!! we use tons of it and it does not smell!!!! Amsoil, Aggrand always tries to get us to use it!! we got a sample about six months ago, lost 2 customers and had to compost it just to get that smell out!!!! that batch of compost was ruined it smelled so bad we just used it at the farm.

be ware of products they can go wrong!!!!

DeepGreenLawn
08-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Exactly... I don't know how... but I didn't lose any customers... I didn't put it on that many either though, I was using it about the same time as you it sounds like tree, bad stuff, I didn't lose any customers, but I am pretty sure I will NEVER gain a few nearby the treated sites either.

Need some fert for your christmas trees?

treegal1
08-19-2008, 09:30 PM
if I sprayed that at my farm there you would smell it at your house, if thats what you want..........lolol:laugh:I can go home (the beach)lolol:laugh:

DeepGreenLawn
08-19-2008, 09:45 PM
maybe diluted? It is already at my house, I have it stored in my parents shed in their backyard which is almost literally in my backyard. Everytime I have to go in there I have to almost hold my breath before I open the doors, flies don't even go near that thing.