PDA

View Full Version : Is it too late for advertising for mowing ??

DC & Sons
08-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Title says it all. Do you think it's to late to get some flyers out or does every little bit help no matter what time of year? Not looking for fall cleans up yet, just mowing accounts.

punt66
08-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Its never too late to advertise. However as you know your biggest return on your investment is early spring. I dont advertise anymore but when i did i ran a 6 week ad right before spring starts.

PROCUT1
08-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Advertising should be a constant all year thing....You should never stop.

Its all about getting your name in front of people.

Repetition and recognition.

So many guys put out a few thousand flyers and then come on here and complain that they get one job from it.

Thats not how you do it.

You need to constantly "drip" on people...so to speak

You will have better luck sending 100 people something once a month all year, than you will doing 10,000 flyers one time.

DBL
08-15-2008, 08:56 PM
we send postcards out in the spring and fall and that usually carries us for the year...couldnt answer mowing wise, im trying to get rid of lawns my crew cant keep up with 6 days

DC & Sons
08-15-2008, 09:04 PM
That sounds like good advice. Thank you

Advertising should be a constant all year thing....You should never stop.

Its all about getting your name in front of people.

Repetition and recognition.

So many guys put out a few thousand flyers and then come on here and complain that they get one job from it.

Thats not how you do it.

You need to constantly "drip" on people...so to speak

You will have better luck sending 100 people something once a month all year, than you will doing 10,000 flyers one time.

DC & Sons
08-15-2008, 09:05 PM
I look forward to the day I have your problems. :drinkup:

we send postcards out in the spring and fall and that usually carries us for the year...couldnt answer mowing wise, im trying to get rid of lawns my crew cant keep up with 6 days

Need_Advice
08-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Never too late
If not this year, lock'em up for next

punt66
08-15-2008, 10:41 PM

i no longer advertise at all and turn down work regularly. It takes some time to get your base and as long as your work is good and give a little extra they become hooked and tell their neighbors etc. If i in my market advertised year round i could never keep up without hiring people. Solo works for me for now.