PDA

View Full Version : Well feed into pond ideas...

Ketzer
08-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Well is being installed now to keep our 1 acre pond full. I am looking for ideas on how to feed the water in. Most of my neighbors have a piece of PVC sticking out of the ground about a foot and the water just pours out! How lame is that? I looked at some pond side statues but the piping through them is really too small. I've looked at maybe doing a floating fountain head out in the pond and feeding it from the well? All of those are kits though, with pumps, designed to recirc, I've already got aerators for that purpose.
You guys always have some great ideas, let's hear'em!
My favorite thing I've seen is the full size lab with his leg hiked... but waayyy expensive and the plumbing is just too small.

Jeff-

tadpole
08-16-2008, 04:28 PM
What is the flow rate of the present well pump?

hdtvluvr
08-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Check out the DR4. I got one modified with a 1.5 inch outlet and use it to feed my pond from my well.

http://www.poolrock.com/Rock_Boulders___Boulder/Rock_Swimming_Pool_Deck_Rocks/rock_swimming_pool_deck_rocks.html

Ketzer
08-16-2008, 07:19 PM
What is the flow rate of the present well pump?

I can tell you it is a RedJacket Grizzly, 1hp, and its set to go in about 160 ft. Not sure of the flow rate.

Ketzer
08-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Check out the DR4. I got one modified with a 1.5 inch outlet and use it to feed my pond from my well.

First off, hello fellow Memphian! Thats a great idea. I didn't see any prices? Did you pick it up locally?

BrandonV
08-16-2008, 08:32 PM
so in TN you pump ground water into ponds? what is the logic for this? are they purely esthetic or are the for irrigation?

hdtvluvr
08-16-2008, 08:37 PM
I ordered it and it had to be shipped.

Check to see if you have Private Messages turned on. You may have to have a few more posts to be able to receive PM's. If so, just post back to this thread a few times to get the post count. Then I can send you the info.

hdtvluvr
08-16-2008, 08:44 PM
so in TN you pump ground water into ponds? what is the logic for this? are they purely esthetic or are the for irrigation?

I use my well for watering the lawn. The runoff goes into the pond. Also, I add some water to the pond a couple of times a year for esthetic reasons.

Ketzer
08-16-2008, 09:26 PM

Irrigation for bamboo groves and asthetics during our very hot, dry summers.

Ketzer
08-16-2008, 09:37 PM
I ordered it and it had to be shipped.

Check to see if you have Private Messages turned on. You may have to have a few more posts to be able to receive PM's. If so, just post back to this thread a few times to get the post count. Then I can send you the info.

Holy smokes! Are you kidding? So the site admin can send me a bunch of PMs but I cant send or recieve my own without inflating my count? :confused:

hdtvluvr
08-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Well, I think the minimum is 10 or 12 before you can send or receive PM's. I would imagine it is for the benefit of all. It would be bad to allow someone in that could essentially PM everyone on the board without posting. At least if there are a few posts from the individual, the admins can see if they are here legitimately. This is just my guess.

Now that you've found the site, I'm sure you will come here often to at minimum read posts to learn and perhaps help others where you can.

Ketzer
08-16-2008, 10:21 PM
I've been lurking here for years. My biz is a very small-part time residential lawn cutting business. I've gotten a ton of good advice reading posts but most on here are way more hardcore than me. Hard for me to give much help to pros.

hdtvluvr
08-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Not everyone here is a pro nor has everyone been in business a long time. There are some just getting started that could probably use some of your opinions.