PDA

View Full Version : 16' enclosed needs skin

daveyo
08-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Does anyone know how I can go about repairing the damage on my 16' enclosed trailers outer panels? Is there somewhere I can get the panels or do I need to have it repaired professionally? There are a few tears on the outside and it looks awful.

Thanks,
Dave

Petr51488
08-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Where in Jersey are you? You could do it yourself, but it will take some time. In the winter i work with my father who owns a tractor trailer repair business. We do these panels frequently. On the tractor trailers you need to take the inside walls off, remove part/all of the scuff liner, depending on the damage, and just rivet on a new panel. I don't think the smaller enclosed trailers use rivets. They looked like a star shaped screw that gets screwed into the beams. Do you plan on replacing the whole panel? I got a quote from haulmark to replace a few of my pannels because someone spray painted them, and they were upwards of 400.00 from what i remember. It was insane. And thats just for the panel.

daveyo
08-16-2008, 10:03 PM
wow thats brutal, I'm in South Jersey five miles outside Atlantic City. I do have those star shaped screws on the trailer. Theres the two panels in the front of the trailer and one on the side thats a small hole but I hate it. I do want to replace the whole panel at least on the front, so how can I go about repairing them, where do I get the panels?

GravelyNut
08-17-2008, 05:32 PM
You could take it to a welding shop and have them MIG weld it.