PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Pricing

MRXMAS
08-16-2008, 11:15 PM
I have a commercial project that I am working on in Michigan and would like some pricing comparisons from installers out of the area (non-competitors) to see roughly where I should be as this is new territory to us. Here is the specs.

2-Lit 6ft. wreaths w/ 36" structural bow
1-Lit 8ft. wreath w/36" structural bow
1-Lit 4ft. wreath w/18" structural bow
5-Unlit 18' garlands for poles w/18" structural bow
12-1400 ft. roofline LED Retrofit and Traditional C7
15-18" structural bows
3-9ft. unlit garland

Please send replies to my personal email rather than to post on the site.

Thanks,

Ron

hotrod1965
08-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Two things.
1. Where are these wreaths going? I'm sure we can all tell you what to sell a wreath for, but there is a big difference if you have to hang them 30 feet in the air.
2. Your website doesn't work, and you havn't posted enough to get PM's so we can only reply here.

MRXMAS
08-17-2008, 09:45 AM
Hey hotrod,

the 8ft wreath is @ 15-20ft. and 2-6ft. @ 15ft. and 4ft. @ 15ft. in the air, by the way thanks for the info on the website as we are updating it currently.

Thanks,

Ron

hotrod1965
08-17-2008, 12:35 PM
For us, we don't charge any different between residential and commercial accounts.
Since it seems you rent everything, I would make sure you cover the cost of your wreaths, plus make whatever per hour you need to make. So if your wreath cost $100 and it takes an hour to put up, and you need to make $50 per hour, than you charge $150. If you are actually selling the products, I would tack on 30% and charge your labor. If you need to rent a lift, you need to pass that onto your customer plus the time it takess to go get it. Your per hour depends on a lot of things, but I'm sure you have that figured out already.

As far as the C9 lights, again, you need to cover your cost plus make your labor cost. I could tell you what we charge, but we are buying LED lights in large bulk so our prices for material is fairly low. We are buying for installs, plus buying to sell wholesale and retail. I think most people want to make $2 to $3 per foot,, and that includes install and removal. But again, it depends on how hard the install is.
When you do your quote per foot, make sure you figure in your clip, plug and ext. cord costs as well. I think a mis take some folks make is they forget about those costs when deciding what to charge per foot.

I hope this helps a little.

David Gretzmier
08-17-2008, 03:42 PM
What I charge is no secret, and I've posted probably a dozen times my fees, and you are not obligated to charge what I do, and further, I don't typically lease, so here goes what I would charge to sell, install, takedown, and store at my warehouse, 3 year guarantee, and includes all cords, clips, timers etc. -

for a 6 foot noble wreath ( HBL) 599 each year 1, 145 each year 2 and following years. 36 " bow- $249/65
true 8 foot wreath is really tough to find inexpensive in the wholesale market, I've got a 7 foot for year 1 799/year 2 -225, but 8 foot jumps to 1300 / 350. 48" structural bow on those is 335/95
4 foot wreaths ( noble HBL) are 249/85. 24" bow is $129
18 foot garlands, noble, are 180/95 they are bulbed, but unplugged
If retrofit means changing to led bulbs in their cord, and it is uninstalled, then I'm gonna need 5.50 bucks a foot to install, rebulb, takedown and store in year 1, and 3.25 in year 2 and so on. If I need to add new cord to the mix, 7 bucks per foot and 3.25 per foot. traditional c-7 is 1 buck less per foot.
If cord has been left in place all year or previous years, and you are just changing out bulbs, I'd not do it. it needs new cord. the liablility for fire is too high.
15 18" bows, $99 each unless difficult placement
9 foot garlands are 95/47 per piece installed unless difficult placement.

hotrod1965
08-17-2008, 05:29 PM
I'd agree with Dave's pricing. We would be a little less the first year, and the same to a little more the second year on since we lease as well.

MRXMAS
08-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate the suggestions, this does help me with my thoughts on pricing for this project as well as others. Any other comments or information is always welcome.

Ron