PDA

View Full Version : raise your hand......

koster_irrigation
08-17-2008, 03:31 PM
If you are a CIC

NC just passed a law a few weeks ago enacting Jan 1st 09 everyone become licensed in our state. (by taking the IA exam)

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Sessions/2007/Bills/House/HTML/H2353v6.html

anyone got some exam study books they would like to part with?, i see the recommended one is by jim watkins

any opinions on becoming certified irrigation a auditor?

Mike Leary
08-17-2008, 03:35 PM
NC just passed a law a few weeks ago enacting Jan 1st 09 everyone become licensed, (by taking the IA exam)

That's just fine, are systems inspected for 80% coverage by the state or
locals? As our Texas buddies have said, it still does not prevent crappy
systems from being installed.

BrandonV
08-17-2008, 04:40 PM
they finally did it eh. Did they close the loop holes they originally had in it as far as being a registered lc or "grandfathering" in people

irrig8r
08-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Very interesting. I've been meaning to take the exam for a few years but always get sidetracked.

I had intended this past spring to sit for the exam next week at Cal Poly SLO, but never got around ordering the workbook or the current version of the Turf Irrigation Manual (my copy is a hardcover from the mid 80's)... or applying to take the exam...just forgot about it all...

So it looks like I'll be signing up for an exam at SLO in December...or maybe November in Anaheim..

In fact after reading Eddie's post I went to the IA site and ordered the books about 20 minutes ago...

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-17-2008, 05:10 PM
If a Texan with a Texas Irrigators License moves to NC does he get grandfathered in?:) If not we should for being so friggin progressive and establishing a model for the rest of the country.:rolleyes:

Mike Leary
08-17-2008, 05:46 PM
The 6" pit box rule should get lots of support up north.

txgrassguy
08-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Fimco, I think other state's would be so friggin amazed we license anything here in Texas it should be a snap.
But wait, wouldn't Kiril be dissed?:rolleyes:

Mike Leary
08-17-2008, 06:54 PM
But wait, wouldn't Kiril be dissed?

That will be the day.

RI_Ohio
08-17-2008, 07:30 PM
CIC, CLIA, Backflow Tester

Mike Leary
08-17-2008, 07:33 PM
CIC, CLIA, Backflow Tester

Welcome to the (cough) forum.

Wet_Boots
08-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Licensed Chicken Inspector

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=87025&stc=1&d=1187278640

AI Inc
08-18-2008, 12:33 AM
If you are a CIC

NC just passed a law a few weeks ago enacting Jan 1st 09 everyone become licensed in our state. (by taking the IA exam)

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Sessions/2007/Bills/House/HTML/H2353v6.html

anyone got some exam study books they would like to part with?, i see the recommended one is by jim watkins

any opinions on becoming certified irrigation a auditor?

CIC is a certified irrigation contractor , not a certified irrigation auditor, 2 different certifications.
Im cic , not cia.

AI Inc
08-18-2008, 12:36 AM

?[/QUOTE]
The IA has 2 , 1 is an IA publication called " the certified irrigation contractor workbook, the other is turf irrigation manuel written by Richard B Choate. One is almost a carbon copy of the other , but they recomend both.

Waterit
08-18-2008, 12:55 AM
The Watkins book can be gotten thru a Weathermatic rep.

Kiril
08-18-2008, 01:23 AM
If not we should for being so friggin progressive and establishing a model for the rest of the country.:rolleyes:

ROFL :rolleyes:

08-18-2008, 06:19 AM
Hey Koster, looks like you probably don't have to take the test...
SECTION 4. Any person who can document 10 years in business as an irrigation contractor as of the date this act becomes effective, can document competency in the practice of irrigation contracting, as determined by the Board, and meets all other requirements and qualifications for licensure may be issued an irrigation contractor's license under Chapter 89G of the General Statutes, as enacted by Section 1 of this act, without the requirement of examination, provided that the person submits an application for licensure to the Board within 180 days of the date this act becomes effective.

bicmudpuppy
08-18-2008, 07:22 AM
Interesting. The classes and test for Golf Irrigation Auditor will be offered at the GIS in February and I'm thinking about footing the extra to go early and take it (2-3 extra motel/food days in the big easy).

For those of you that scoff, (and as deep as it gets from them, I understand) the TX licensing exam is as intense as they make it sound. I've worked green industry from KY/ IN to NE/KS and down into TX in DFW and taking the exam and earning my license in TX was hands down the most intense test I've ever taken. I passed it without difficulty, BUT, even after being commercial pest licensed in all the states mentioned except KS, and a BS in Ag from KSU, that was still above and beyond the hardest test/cert. I've ever taken.

koster_irrigation
08-19-2008, 06:10 AM
[QUOTE][CIC is a certified irrigation contractor , not a certified irrigation auditor, 2 different certifications.
Im cic , not cia.
/QUOTE]
Im aware of this.

AI Inc
08-19-2008, 06:49 AM
what does the law say? cic or cia? Im assuming cic.