PDA

View Full Version : Well, I am an official...

Junior M
08-17-2008, 07:44 PM
I am an official high schooler as of tommorow. I really dont want to go I would much rather be at home working with my dogs and working on my fourwheeler since i recently quit my job as most of you know. Just to update on everything I wasnt goin to quit with him I was goin to work on the weekends and when I have days off and I dont have work of my own to get done.

And most of you will remember the thread a few weeks back that i posted asking about some work well it is finally starting to flow in and we are actually scheduled as far as three weeks out.. But remember what we call busy you guys call very little work but we just work on weekends right now. Well we have three less than quarter acres lot to clear, a pool to backfill, a retaining wall to backfill, some very custom french drain for a spring that will run into a pond, and like three or four pools to wire. But I have found a truck to so that will help alot with our equipment and I am getting my permit in march of 09 when i turn 15.. I just wanted to update on what had happened since you guys had gave me some very good advise.. and i just want to say thank you to everyone here who has dealt with my questions about everything no matter how F$%$ing dumb they were.. so thank you everyone..

Dirt Digger2
08-17-2008, 07:59 PM
good to hear man...stay in school as long as you can..go to college and get a degree too...it pains me that this is my last week of work as well because my senior year up at penn state starts next monday...i hate classes, i get bored and restless but i know that it is only a short 4 years to get my engineering degree then i will be in the construction world the rest of my life making more money then a i could have operating equipment....i truly hate the fact that i wont operate as much ( i still plan on working weekends for the company now...until i "settle down" anyhow) but one day i plan on running my own engineering/sitework company....plus you have a sh*t-ton of fun in college...all the rumors you hear are true...the women are wild and easy..haha

just remember...while your in a nice warm school some guys are out there freezing their butts off

George Mason
08-17-2008, 08:02 PM
good to hear man...stay in school as long as you can..go to college and get a degree too...it pains me that this is my last week of work as well because my senior year up at penn state starts next monday...i hate classes, i get bored and restless but i know that it is only a short 4 years to get my engineering degree then i will be in the construction world the rest of my life making more money then a i could have operating equipment....i truly hate the fact that i wont operate as much ( i still plan on working weekends for the company now...until i "settle down" anyhow) but one day i plan on running my own engineering/sitework company....plus you have a sh*t-ton of fun in college...all the rumors you hear are true...the women are wild and easy..haha

just remember...while your in a nice warm school some guys are out there freezing their butts off

Amen to that, get as much education as you can while you can!

YellowDogSVC
08-17-2008, 09:35 PM
good to hear man...stay in school as long as you can..go to college and get a degree too...f

I second that. Amass as much knowledge as you can before hitting the real world. It will pay off eventually. If nothing else, you will have the discipline of at least finishing h.s. I know a few guys who didn't finish and all of them said that they wished they had..