PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Service - 4 times a month? & sometimes 5

CGS
01-11-2000, 03:44 PM
I've been in the business since 1995 and It seems that I am not charging enough. One of my questions is should I tell my clients (new policy) or first time customers when they ask me for weekly or a bi-weekly Maintenance Service that I will charge for a per visit service. Or should I keep on charging for an overall price per month for a weekly service?<p>For an hours worth of Full Maintenance (2 laborers in one of my trucks and my equipment) Services we charge max. for example $150 per month (4 times a month) on a weekly basis even though there are extra weeks (5th week) on those months they fall in. <p>Again, should I change my policy and charge for a per visit basis. Considering all the costs of doing business. Or should I start fresh from the next customer I get, if I start charging on a per visit basis.<p>Well, thanks in advance for your future responses to this Post. If you have dificulty understanding this Post, please let me know and I will try to make it a little bit clearer.<p>Thanks again.<br>CGS<br>

HOMER
01-11-2000, 04:09 PM
Hi,I got burnt that way with some of my commercial accounts, what I forgot to do when they requested weekly is to check the calendar that year for the months that had 5 weeks!!!!!!! Had I done this I would have factored in the months in to my total cost for the year, then broke it down on a monthly basis. To answer your question, I would definately , in advance, check the calendar, and any new accounts you get that request weekly or bi-weekly figure the total # of cuts per year x your per cut price and divide it by 12. This way you are being compensated for all your efforts. As for old customers I would probably let it go, if they have been loyal it might be best to start fresh and, like I did, learn from your sweat equity!<p>Homer

ashlandscaping
01-11-2000, 07:55 PM
Both have benfits. I used to charge all res. on weekly basis. But when July hit they would call off the service for 2 or 3 weeks we made no money. So what iam doing now is just like the condo ass. I figure out the price per cut then times it by normal amount of cutting per season. then cost for bush trimming time amount per season plus clean ups and other things like bed edging cultivating and so for then divide total number by 8 payments. This way I make the same amount each month plus we still have and get some lawn that want to be billed per push. But even when the lawn is sun burnt my guys are at that house doing somthing. Plus helps keep guys busy and you know what to budget for evry month. Have gotten some complaints about it when it real hot but as long as they see the guys at their house they keep cool. So far it works plus from talking to alot of others in same area they are all going towards that way of billing. Only ones that arent are the sasme guys that will be gone in 2 years since they decide to be a lwn mower one day and have no insurance or anything esle. Iam thankfull that most towns that we work in now make you show proff of ins. when you get a busniess lincese. So lot of the fly by night low baller companys are being removed from are area. Plus they are fineing and impounding companies that dont buy lic. in the towns or dont have prof of ins. Its great helps to get rid of the low ballers. SORRRY got lost for a second.