PDA

View Full Version : Madill bought out

Scag48
08-18-2008, 02:17 AM
I know we've talked about Madill going under earlier this spring. Modern Machinery bought them out and owns the rights to parts and service for all equipment currently in service. Apparently, Modern doesn't immediately intend to manufacture any equipment or parts, but it might be a possibility in the future. I found this in Modern Machinery's newsletter on their website www.modernmachinery.com Modern is a Komatsu, Sakai, Dressta, and a few others here in WA as well as Idaho, Montana, and Oregon.

I just happened to stumble across this trying to figure out where Modern's Seattle area branch is. We have a Sakai roller and nobody has a freakin' key for it except the laborer who works on site, so I plan to go buy a few.

Gravel Rat
08-18-2008, 02:36 AM
Coneco bought out Madill Canada they bought the shop and everything they are Canada's largest Komatsu dealer.

Scag48
08-18-2008, 03:03 AM
I don't think that's true. In this article I read, it states Modern owns all the rights to the product, parts, service and $15 million worth of parts inventory. They're still running the parts operation in Nanaimo and will continue to be the global distributor for Madill. Here's the link to the article, it's on page 11.

http://www.constructionpublications.com/modern/Modern0802.pdf

Gravel Rat
08-18-2008, 03:30 AM
I was told the info by one of the logging contractors. Coneco and Modern Equipment are both Komatsu dealers so I guess it will be through Komatsu Parts Network.

With logging so bad in B.C. right now there will be alot more Madill equipment heading to Ritchie Bros.