PDA

View Full Version : Fastpac Sprayer - Any Good?

bfstrider
08-18-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm thinking of purchasing a Fastpac Sprayer and would like some feedback from those of you who use or have had experience with this sprayer. Is it worth buying?

group501
08-18-2008, 06:01 PM
We just purchased one to use with tree and shrub services. So far we are happy with the purchase but we have only sprayed water with it while calibrating. The spray from the JD-9 gun is impressive and looks like it will work well for us. It appears to be well made. Time will tell.

ArizPestWeed
08-18-2008, 06:18 PM
fastpac is a cheap copy of mine .
i post photos of my home made in 05 here and he copied .
i can send you photos of my newer version that you can make for under $145.
And the lids on the SP don't leak , he uses Solo , I gave up on Solo because of leaks

humble1
08-19-2008, 11:17 PM
I bought one early this year, works the balls. I had a problem with UPS breaking it all up, they shipped anothe rone with in a week, great service. I know ArizPestWeed has some issues with them, but I am happy with the unit. I only use it for spraying for ticks and perimeter ant control. Last week I was face to face with those bald faced hornet nest very very aggresive. It must have been funny seeing me running across the neighbors front lawn with a backpack sprayer, anyway I go back dial the gun from spray to stream and punch a hole in the nest and kill them all dead at about 20ft. I do wish it was a 5 gal tank.

ArizPestWeed
08-20-2008, 01:11 AM
you can make your own for under $145 .
If you buy a Solo with no manual pump in the back pack , even less.
Why not make your own , after you've made a 2-3 , then it takes less than 1 hour to do , Why waste the money on a Fastpac .

PM me your email and I'll send you photos of one before it is assembled

I bought one early this year, works the balls. I had a problem with UPS breaking it all up, they shipped anothe rone with in a week, great service. I know ArizPestWeed has some issues with them, but I am happy with the unit. I only use it for spraying for ticks and perimeter ant control. Last week I was face to face with those bald faced hornet nest very very aggresive. It must have been funny seeing me running across the neighbors front lawn with a backpack sprayer, anyway I go back dial the gun from spray to stream and punch a hole in the nest and kill them all dead at about 20ft. I do wish it was a 5 gal tank.

Az Gardener
08-20-2008, 01:46 AM
Hey neighbor what kind of volume do these put out ? I like to spray smaller lawns with a little voodoo mix to green them up and would like to put down about a gal per minute. Would love to do it without breaking out the big spray rig.

ArizPestWeed
08-20-2008, 02:39 AM
Volume ?
Don't know , uses much more than the manual ones , pressure is always up

have not put any more time into changing the manuals to ele .

Someone else calims to of done so , I will contact him to see what's up .

Az , PM me your email address and I'll send you photos .
You wrote , a while back , you've family members that are willing to build one .

Az , I am constantly amazed at the pressure , as long as the battery and pump are good.
The pumps wear down , I have to change them every 3 months or so .

humble1
08-22-2008, 12:01 AM
Volume ?
Don't know , uses much more than the manual ones , pressure is always up

have not put any more time into changing the manuals to ele .

Someone else calims to of done so , I will contact him to see what's up .

Az , PM me your email address and I'll send you photos .
You wrote , a while back , you've family members that are willing to build one .

Az , I am constantly amazed at the pressure , as long as the battery and pump are good.
The pumps wear down , I have to change them every 3 months or so .

My pump puts out I tink its a flowjet, probable 1.5GPM but if you set the gun to mist it drops, I have to charge every 12-15gal, I do wish there was an on off switch at hands reach, so it wasnt draining the battery when the level runs down.

greendoctor
08-22-2008, 02:49 AM
My pump puts out I tink its a flowjet, probable 1.5GPM but if you set the gun to mist it drops, I have to charge every 12-15gal, I do wish there was an on off switch at hands reach, so it wasnt draining the battery when the level runs down.

This is why I run gas engine backpacks. 1.8 GPM, 400PSI and no batteries to worry about.

ArizPestWeed
08-22-2008, 03:51 AM
This is why I run gas engine backpacks. 1.8 GPM, 400PSI and no batteries to worry about.

they use too much too fast

greendoctor
08-22-2008, 03:54 AM
they use too much too fast

The 23L gun and regulator is what I use to spot treat or even spray RoundUp at 20 PSI. I am only running at full pressure and volume for trees and shrubs.