Little early to be rolling a big one, Dana? :dizzy:

Not early enough.........

Waterit
10-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Little early to be rolling a big one, Dana? :dizzy:

It's 4:20 somewhere...

Flow Control
10-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Who guarantees their shutdowns from any freeze damage. If so what do you do if you have a faulty ball valve that allows water back into the pipes causing damage?

We don't guarantee our shut downs for that reason. But we used to until we figured the break even cost was after 5yrs.

Mike Leary
10-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Who guarantees their shutdowns from any freeze damage. If so what do you do if you have a faulty ball valve that allows water back into the pipes causing damage?

Why a few of us don't use ball valves .:hammerhead: Don't get me started on ball valves for backflow.

Flow Control
10-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Not following you, I am talking about the valves located in the basement where the water line connects to the house line upstream of the backflow.

Wet_Boots
10-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Does anyone still make resilient-seated gate valves in small sizes? Not the key-operated ones, but regular brass sweat bodies with wheel handles.

Mike Leary
10-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Does anyone still make resilient-seated gate valves in small sizes? Not the key-operated ones, but regular brass sweat bodies with wheel handles.

Don't bother a search; it's sad. :cry:

bobw
10-18-2008, 12:48 PM
12 days, 1650km of driving, 218 blowouts... all done...time to sleep

Wet_Boots
10-18-2008, 01:13 PM
What, no par-tay?

DanaMac
10-18-2008, 03:08 PM
12 days, 1650km of driving, 218 blowouts... all done...time to sleep

This is an American site. Mileage please, not Kilometers :laugh:

650 on the books so far. not sure I'll get to the 1000 mark I wanted. But I won't complain. Or maybe I will.... :)

bobw
10-18-2008, 03:59 PM
This is an American site. Mileage please, not Kilometers :laugh:

Sorry, for my lesser educated neighbo(u)rs... 1031.25 miles :canadaflag::laugh:

bobw
10-18-2008, 04:01 PM
What, no par-tay?

Tonight we par-tay! A dozen or so of http://www.wildrosebrewery.com/beer/brown.html and I'll begin to recover..of course tomorrow will require a different type of recovery...:cry:

DanaMac
10-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Tonight we par-tay! A dozen or so of http://www.wildrosebrewery.com/beer/brown.html and I'll begin to recover..of course tomorrow will require a different type of recovery...:cry:

So you guys are done already? Pffftttt..... we still have another 4-6 weeks to go.

Mike Leary
10-18-2008, 05:13 PM
So you guys are done already? Pffftttt..... we still have another 4-6 weeks to go.

We start Monday, not because it's starting to freeze, but the RAINS are coming and it's no fun. Fun is doing this site in the sunshine.http://www.bloedelreserve.org

bicmudpuppy
10-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Scheduled the 800cfm compressor for election day (Nov. 4th). The ditch company called and said I could expect the water level to drop and they would begin to shut the ditch down Nov. 1st, but since that is a Saturday, I expect they meant Nov. 3rd. I will water very hard that weekend and open the main drain Monday night. I'm not sure how many 34gpm heads I can run at one time yet. Figuring six, it is going to take a VERY long day to get this done. 3min/zone with a max of six heads at a time means almost six hours. Even if I cut back to 2min/zone for the first time through and then 1 min per zone for the second and third time, I'm going to be finishing in the dark. I'm starting to think about keeping the compressor for two days. GM will have six kittens and a milk cow over the extra 300bucks, but ..........ask me if I REALLY care :drinkup::drinkup:

Mike Leary
10-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Scheduled the 800cfm compressor for election day (Nov. 4th). I'm not sure how many 34gpm heads I can run at one time yet.

Good golly, thatsasomekinna compressor, do you hook up to a 1 1/2" quick couple?

bicmudpuppy
10-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Good golly, thatsasomekinna compressor, do you hook up to a 1 1/2" quick couple?

My understanding is I get a section of 2" hose with it and I will connect into the 10" main at a 2" ball valve that currently has a plug in it. If needed, I can reach two more 1" QC's with the 1" water hoses I have on site and hook in at 3 places if it will help the air flow.

Mike Leary
10-18-2008, 05:57 PM
How is that p.o.c. going to handle the heat; is it a brass swing joint?

bicmudpuppy
10-19-2008, 09:07 AM
Its a brass 2" ball valve on a 2" galvanized elbow attached to the 2" nipple welded into the 10" steel pipe.

Mike Leary
10-19-2008, 11:05 AM
Its a brass 2" ball valve on a 2" galvanized elbow attached to the 2" nipple welded into the 10" steel pipe.

Love to see some mist pics!

Flow Control
10-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Today was the day the bubble burst: 32 appointments booked by 11am and counting. :cool2:

Really need to end the year on a good note

AI Inc
10-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Almost done here , about 850 complete so far.

Flow Control
10-20-2008, 04:31 PM
In the 60's for appointments booked today, prob will slow up now and get hammered from 4-6pm

AI Inc
10-20-2008, 04:33 PM
In the 60's for appointments booked today, prob will slow up now and get hammered from 4-6pm

yep, 8:30 AM to 9:15 Am , then 4-7 pm. You got a few minutes for a nap.

DanaMac
10-20-2008, 07:18 PM

I had over 80 calls on Monday the 6th. Today is only at about 35.

Flow Control
10-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Todays call stats: (We have a computer system that tracks everything on the phone)

105 calls as of right now
438 minutes of talk time
17 hang-ups
So total received calls: 88

Appointments Booked: 83

I would have to say I peaked today and probably will not even see a day half as good from here out.

DanaMac
10-20-2008, 09:19 PM
I would have to say I peaked today and probably will not even see a day half as good from here out.

I here ya. And I don't WANT a day like that again. I was a wreck scheduling 80+.

Note to self - hire office person for next year. It's time.

DanaMac
10-20-2008, 09:25 PM
I had two calls today from new people looking to have the system blown out. When I got back to them, one lady had it taken care of TODAY by someone else, and the other is scheduled for tomorrow. I can't believe companies (probably Joe StationWagon) can get out that day or the next. I can't keep up and we have 3 of us. Good for those people though. Predicted low of 20 Wed/Thurs.

Waterit
10-20-2008, 10:15 PM
one lady had it taken care of TODAY by someone else, and the other is scheduled for tomorrow.

That's what I call Race Days here in the spring - people open the phonebook, call everyone in the Yellow Pages, and whoever gets there first works. I always ask - called anyone else? If the answer is yes, I don't even bother getting an address.

irritation
10-20-2008, 10:27 PM
I wish I wasn't in the phone book or Angie's List. It makes me sick to turn down work. I even have trucks with no markings.

DanaMac
10-20-2008, 10:31 PM
That's what I call Race Days here in the spring - people open the phonebook, call everyone in the Yellow Pages, and whoever gets there first works. I always ask - called anyone else? If the answer is yes, I don't even bother getting an address.

I like the ones that say "Well I'll make an appointment and just cancel if I get it done sooner". Uh Uh. Sorry, no schedule for you.

WalkGood
10-21-2008, 01:31 AM
I had two calls today from new people looking to have the system blown out. When I got back to them, one lady had it taken care of TODAY by someone else, and the other is scheduled for tomorrow. I can't believe companies (probably Joe StationWagon) can get out that day or the next. I can't keep up and we have 3 of us. Good for those people though. Predicted low of 20 Wed/Thurs.

It is possible that the company had someone very close by already for that day. It can happen.

bicmudpuppy
10-21-2008, 09:19 AM
Just for arguments sake, you pull into a cul-de-sac for a blow-out, and three neighbors ask you to winterize theirs while you are there. Assume also, your slightly ahead of schedule, not running 2-3 hours behind and can still make it home late for supper. How many do you do with this stop? I blow 4 every time.

DanaMac
10-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Just for arguments sake, you pull into a cul-de-sac for a blow-out, and three neighbors ask you to winterize theirs while you are there. Assume also, your slightly ahead of schedule, not running 2-3 hours behind and can still make it home late for supper. How many do you do with this stop? I blow 4 every time.

I'd probably schedule for another day. I don't like to give the customer the perception that they have control, or can dictate when we do things.

On another note, I had one customer offer me double if we can b/o by this wednesday since the lows are looking around 20 for Wed and Thurs night. I politely declined. I told him the money doesn't entice me, and I find it rude seeing how 650 other people realized to call me ahead of him. I told him there is a SLIGHT chance of getting one guy there today, since he is in the area. But I told him it is not money that will get us there. It is time, if we have any.

SprinklerGuy
10-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Wow.....
I was always motivated by money....obviously ;)

But seriously...who cares if the customer perceives he is in control.....pound 3 more out while there if you had the chance = more money in your pocket.

Agreeing to a lesser price because "you are already on my street" would be allowing them control....doing them on the day they want and making 200 bucks in an hour is "controlling" them and your own destiny....

Just the honest opinion of an out of business slacker...

WalkGood
10-21-2008, 10:38 AM
You could always make them hop on one foot and yell out "purty purty pleeeeze ,you are the greatest blow out guy". Maybe that will show them you are really in control?

WalkGood
10-21-2008, 10:43 AM

Full price, it's a no brainer. You are there already, take the easy money. Even if it adds a half-hour to your day.

Mike Leary
10-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Full price, it's a no brainer. You are there already, take the easy money. Even if it adds a half-hour to your day.

If you can vary the psi of the compressor, take the new ones; I'm a little nervous about liability, though.

WalkGood
10-21-2008, 01:55 PM
If you can vary the psi of the compressor, take the new ones; I'm a little nervous about liability, though.

Well, they are all "new" customers at some point aren't they? Throttle back or open 3 to 4 zones at once.

Mike Leary
10-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Well, they are all "new" customers at some point aren't they?

Actually not; we take very few "new" ones because our installs become another winterize, and that keeps us as busy as we care to be.

bicmudpuppy
10-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Love to see some mist pics!

No mist yet, but I did have the new phone in the pump hose so a picture just for you ML ;) Call it a B-Day present roflmao

Last two are of how much fun I had when the storms blew over the mountain for the "monsoon" season that netted me almost 1.5" of rain total :(

DanaMac
10-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Wow.....
I was always motivated by money....obviously ;)

But seriously...who cares if the customer perceives he is in control.....pound 3 more out while there if you had the chance = more money in your pocket.

Agreeing to a lesser price because "you are already on my street" would be allowing them control....doing them on the day they want and making 200 bucks in an hour is "controlling" them and your own destiny....

Just the honest opinion of an out of business slacker...

You do it your way, I'll do it my way. Go sell a car or something. :)

It depends on the moment. if I have enough time, maybe. But I always have dozens or hundreds of other people waiting already. I'd rather go take care of two people already on the list that had the common courtesy to call early, than these three jokers that didn't plan properly.

Waterit
10-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Dana, you just "blew" the opportunity to have 2 new best friends :laugh:

DanaMac
10-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Dana, you just "blew" the opportunity to have 2 new best friends :laugh:

I have enough best friends as it is.....

Mike Leary
10-21-2008, 08:28 PM
No mist yet, but I did have the new phone in the pump hose so a picture just for you ML ;):(

That is great. Thanks pal.

Tom Tom
10-21-2008, 10:03 PM

In a perfect world I'd take it.

But like Dana said the world ain't perfect and these three neighbors will probably want a cut rate deal since your already there

Flow Control
10-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Todays call stats: (We have a computer system that tracks everything on the phone)

105 calls as of right now
438 minutes of talk time
17 hang-ups
So total received calls: 88

Appointments Booked: 83

Todays Numbers
104 incoming calls
532 minutes of talk time
14 hang-ups
9 appoinments booked through website
Not sure how many appointments booked over phone, I have not had a chance to review (we use a scheduling service).

:cool2: bout time.

Flow Control
10-21-2008, 10:05 PM

ALL DAY: I have a head lamp, bring on the dark. I can eat and sleep in December.

BSME
10-21-2008, 10:10 PM

I blow four.... put four stickers on the timers... convince myself I gained four new customers and then next year realize they went with another guy who happened to be next door.

DanaMac
10-21-2008, 10:11 PM
ALL DAY: I have a head lamp, bring on the dark. I can eat and sleep in December.

I used to do that when I was younger. Back when I could do close to 30 a day (30 was my record). Never again. Won't even think about it.

Waterit
I blow four.... put four stickers on the timers... convince myself I gained four new customers and then next year realize they went with another guy who happened to be next door.

Yup, that's why we call them HO's.

DanaMac
and then next year realize they went with another guy who happened to be next door.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: very good :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tom Tom
10-21-2008, 10:17 PM

Bingo..........

DanaMac
10-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Bingo..........

was his name-O!

Mike Leary
10-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Then you've done a piss poor job of keeping clients.

Waterit
10-21-2008, 10:23 PM

Jeepers, Mr. Leary, quit being so darn upbeat and positive.

BSME
10-21-2008, 10:23 PM

Oh you gotta be kidding me... just admit some markets are different. By even accepting those walk ups you should know you are taking on customers that will jump ship for convenience... they did when you were next door. What do you think is so different about your blowout that will keep 'em begging for more.

DanaMac
10-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Oh you gotta be kidding me... just admit some markets are different. By even accepting those walk ups you should know you are taking on customers that will jump ship for convenience... they did when you were next door. What do you think is so different about your blowout that will keep 'em begging for more.

Correct. Lots of people are price shoppers. Mike, be thankful you are in a market that allows you to work for elite, pristine, hand picked, loyal clients. Not all markets are like that. And even then, someone has to still service the rest of the people.

Mike Leary
10-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Jeepers, Mr. Leary, quit being so darn upbeat and positive.

Having a birthday cheers me up.

DanaMac
10-21-2008, 10:46 PM
Having a birthday cheers me up.

But alcohol is a depressant. So you must be pretty damn depressed by now..... :)

DanaMac
10-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Forecast of 39 for the high tomorrow. Oh yeah, and it's snowing at my house right now. Should be a fun one the next couple days.

WalkGood
10-21-2008, 11:26 PM
In a perfect world I'd take it.

But like Dana said the world ain't perfect and these three neighbors will probably want a cut rate deal since your already there

Ya never know unless you are right there talking to them. If they want a lower price, you can always say "no, this is the price". And then go about your business with a smile.

If for arguments sake, the original neighbor who called ahead for an appointment (or at least to be on the schedule) paid $75 you tell the three last-second neighbors it costs $75 cash each right now. Or even $90 cash right now. Tell them the neighbor with the appointment got the "couteous call-ahead customer lower price". Tell them if they wait until Decmber the price will be $150 each. Cash. Today is "the deal", they will have it done now. And they won't have to go through finding someone else.

If they agree and then do not want to be your customer next Spring, who cares? So what, move on. You made money on the blow outs, right? You could easliy have regular customers suddenly NOT call you for Spring start-ups.

bicmudpuppy
10-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Ya never know unless you are right there talking to them. If they want a lower price, you can always say "no, this is the price". And then go about your business with a smile.

If for arguments sake, the original neighbor who called ahead for an appointment (or at least to be on the schedule) paid $75 you tell the three last-second neighbors it costs $75 cash each right now. Or even $90 cash right now. Tell them the neighbor with the appointment got the "couteous call-ahead customer lower price". Tell them if they wait until Decmber the price will be $150 each. Cash. Today is "the deal", they will have it done now. And they won't have to go through finding someone else.

If they agree and then do not want to be your customer next Spring, who cares? So what, move on. You made money on the blow outs, right? You could easliy have regular customers suddenly NOT call you for Spring start-ups.

My favorite was the guy next door, when we were 90mph like Dana is describing. I never turned anyone away who would pay the price. I never did the discount thing either. I've worked and extra hour or two into the dark because that guy next door winked and said he would pay cash. I liked to tell them my job was worth more than than a $50 blow out. The number of guys desperate enough to find $75 always amazed me. It always amazed the boss when I turned in a ticket for the blowout w/ cash and told him I got a $25 tip to add them to the list too.

DanaMac
10-22-2008, 08:47 AM
I've got a couple inches of snow on my deck at the house. Not sure if it stuck to the streets. But the news is showing ice covered roads and a few slide offs on the interstate. I don't like sending the guys out with the compressors when it's icy out. At least not the 150 compressor. Narrow wheel base, little top heavy. Gonna have to change things up a bit today.

Tom Tom
10-22-2008, 10:21 AM
This ad just showed up on craigslist:

Our First Hard FREEZE will happen tomorrow night. Have GCS Winterize your sprinklers before the freeze. Call or email us today to set a date and time to service your system.

$10.00 flat rate per sector i.e. (front or back yard)

GILDER CONSTRUCTION SERVICES
719-216-1750
Moses@Gilderconstruction.com

Per sector? wtf kind of thinking is that?

DanaMac
10-22-2008, 10:24 AM
I could give another story of someone thinking my company is the other one I've mentioned, but it is happening too often now. Called for blow out, asked why it is 420 higher than quoted, blah blah blah.

Oh and the snow plow just came thru my neighborhood. thick snow ice mix on the road.

Stuttering Stan
10-22-2008, 11:14 AM
This ad just showed up on craigslist:

Our First Hard FREEZE will happen tomorrow night. Have GCS Winterize your sprinklers before the freeze. Call or email us today to set a date and time to service your system.

$10.00 flat rate per sector i.e. (front or back yard)

GILDER CONSTRUCTION SERVICES
719-216-1750
Moses@Gilderconstruction.com

Per sector? wtf kind of thinking is that?

I see construction guys are getting into blowouts. Guess their work is slow and they have a compressor collecting rust. It's ashame people don't stick to their trade. That's like a realtor advertising car repairs, WTF

Stuttering Stan
10-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Oh and the snow plow just came thru my neighborhood. thick snow ice mix on the road.[/QUOTE]

It's on now. Breckenridge here I come.

Gruneich Lawn Care, Inc.
10-22-2008, 06:29 PM
I was out all day today, heavy rain and a high of 39 today...dang cold outside

Waterit
10-22-2008, 07:01 PM
80 here, sweat pouring down, a cold front coming in tomorrow - highs in the low 70's!

Gruneich Lawn Care, Inc.
10-22-2008, 07:59 PM
80 here, sweat pouring down, a cold front coming in tomorrow - highs in the low 70's!

Dont rub it in or anything :laugh:

DUSTYCEDAR
10-22-2008, 08:23 PM
burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

DanaMac
10-22-2008, 09:16 PM

SO - I guess my #1 tech is a better guy than me. He did do two extras today on the same street of his last one. Good for me! He's on salary so no extra payout :laugh:

DanaMac
10-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Today was torch day. Had six frozen but three had PVC going out the backflow, not copper. So I couldn't thaw those out. The others took 3-5 minutes to thaw. Everything else when to hell too.

WalkGood
10-22-2008, 11:38 PM
Today was torch day. Had six frozen but three had PVC going out the backflow, not copper. So I couldn't thaw those out. The others took 3-5 minutes to thaw. Everything else when to hell too.

So, what do you do for the frozen PVC?

AI Inc
10-23-2008, 05:55 AM
Go back on a warm day , mid afternoon.

DanaMac
10-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Go back on a warm day , mid afternoon.

Yup, sometime next week.

greenmonster304
10-25-2008, 10:10 AM
found my new compressor i think i will get a bunch of hose and connect all my accounts and blow them out all at once. no but this thing was at one of my jobs that was having a new gunite pool installed

hoskm01
10-25-2008, 11:50 AM
found my new compressor i think i will get a bunch of hose and connect all my accounts and blow them out all at once. no but this thing was at one of my jobs that was having a new gunite pool installed
That's a sexual beast. Gotta find me one for next year.

bicmudpuppy
10-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Still looks like 1" cam locks. I have been told to expect 2" hose w/ my 800 coming the 4th..........that better be accurate. I don't want to waste time building a 2" manifold to connect 3-4 hoses to.

Stuttering Stan
10-25-2008, 12:17 PM
How much do one of those 750's cost? I'd hate to guess how many tools you could run off that.

bicmudpuppy
10-25-2008, 12:28 PM
One DAY rental is going to run me almost $300 before delivery and all the extras!! I'm guessing when I end up using it for 2 days and they come get it, the bill is going to be around $700 for two days.

Mike Leary
10-25-2008, 12:31 PM
One DAY rental is going to run me almost $300 before delivery and all the extras!! I'm guessing when I end up using it for 2 days and they come get it, the bill is going to be around $700 for two days.

Where does it come from?

bicmudpuppy
10-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Rental yard is on the Bloomfield road out of Farmington. Maybe 12 miles from the golf course. I wonder how long it would take to winterize this thing if I had a 400cfm electric in the pump house? I have seen some on the web that would run on the 460 three phase I have down there. I'm not sure I have room inside for it, BUT a small enclosed shed next to it would work too. Being able to turn part of the system back on again and then winterize again would be beneficial. Last time we had the system go down, it took almost 2,000 gallons to fill the main again, and that wasn't winterized, that was a system crash. I could probably do the main line length math and get a number, but after I winterize it, we pressure the main back up to use QC's on frost free valves for hand watering. I can use the flow meter and get a better answer if I just wait a little over a week.

Waterit
10-25-2008, 02:05 PM
if I had a 400cfm electric in the pump house? I have seen some on the web that would run on the 460 three phase I have down there. I'm not sure I have room inside for it, BUT a small enclosed shed next to it would work too. Being able to turn part of the system back on again and then winterize again would be beneficial.

Sounds like a smart investment. How close is pump house to shop? Could a line be piped over so shop has use of compressor (or vice-versa) when not winterizing?

Mike Leary
10-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Let's see: lawn chair, t.v, laptop, microwave, latte machine, fridge, electric blanket....

Mike Leary
10-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Sounds like a smart investment. How close is pump house to shop? Could a line be piped over so shop has use of compressor (or vice-versa) when not winterizing?

Works for me.

bicmudpuppy
10-25-2008, 08:07 PM

Shop is currently about 1000' from the pump house. There is a long range plan that re-locates the maint. building, but...........I could be retired before then.

Waterit
10-26-2008, 02:03 AM
Only 11 more posts needed to beat the '06 winterizing thread.

hoskm01
10-26-2008, 02:28 AM
What happened in 07? Weak year? I forget.

Waterit
10-26-2008, 09:28 AM
What happened in 07? Weak year? I forget.

It was before my time, but I did a search and found this:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=199744&highlight=%2707+winterizing

obviously someone strayed from the bounds of good behavior (imagine that) and the original thread got deleted.

DanaMac
10-26-2008, 09:48 AM

Why's a Florida guy so interested in researching about winterizing? You planning a move or somethin'?

Wow - somebody actually used the search function. Don't see that very often.

Wet_Boots
10-26-2008, 10:00 AM
He's probably planning to come north with a caravan of compressors and try to grab our income. Not going to happen :gunsfirin

DanaMac
10-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Can we build a wall around Florida so he can't get out?

I'm heading out today to blow out a park system. Going to pick up the 185 from tech #1. No more weekends after this one. Phone has died big time since the big freeze the other night.

Waterit
10-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Why's a Florida guy so interested in researching about winterizing? You planning a move or somethin'?

Wow - somebody actually used the search function. Don't see that very often.

Someone asked a question, I was bored so I did a search.

Nah, ain't moving North, spent 1/2 my life in NY and don't miss it one little bit. Y'all can have all that winterizing stuff - I'll take the day and hang out at the beach:)

DanaMac
10-26-2008, 10:25 AM
I'll take the day and hang out at the beach:)

Beach - Mountains
Tomatoe - Tomato

Waterit
10-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Beach - Mountains
Tomatoe - Tomato

I do miss the mountains. Used to be part owner of some property in upstate NY (Woodstock area). Bunch of us threw in and bought some acreage, built an A-frame lodge over the course of many weekends (and bottles of Mescal - rule was you couldn't go home til you ate the worm). Fun days.

3 more posts and this will be the new King of Threads.

Wet_Boots
10-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Winter builds character.

hoskm01
10-26-2008, 11:31 AM
He's probably planning to come north with a caravan of compressors and try to grab our income. Not going to happen :gunsfirin
Our rental company imported 12 IR's from AZ and NM for blowout season. I wondered how they were going to get by with only 2 in the yard.

They all came in at once on a flatbed, looked pretty cool.

bicmudpuppy
10-26-2008, 02:55 PM
I do miss the mountains.

The TERRAIN is the best part of the move to NM vs living in KS. After being born in TN and raised in KY, living on the plains was tough. I called it "flat land fever". Being able to see nothing but corn or wheat for as far as you could see from as high up as you could climb was un-nerving on some days.

3 more posts and this will be the new King of Threads.

And I refuse to support this blatant attempt to promote such a lame thread :nono: roflmao

Mike Leary
10-26-2008, 03:00 PM
The TERRAIN is the best part of the move to NM And I refuse to support this blatant attempt to promote such a lame thread

Yep, to both comments.

Waterit
10-27-2008, 09:38 AM
And I refuse to support this blatant attempt to promote such a lame thread :nono: roflmao

Yep, to both comments.

And ironically your last posts put it over the top - this is now the thread with the most replies in the history of Lawnsite's Irrigation forum.

Can we talk about something else now? Please?

DanaMac
10-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Can we talk about something else now? Please?

No. It's all about the winterizing for us this time of year. Do it right, you don't have to work.

SprinklerGuy
10-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Do it wrong and you have to sell cars?

DanaMac
10-27-2008, 10:09 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nice. Possible drinks at the shop Friday afternoon if you'd like to show up

DanaMac
10-27-2008, 10:10 AM

Oh I forgot, not having kids makes it easier to live on less $$. Thus easier to slide thru the winter.

SprinklerGuy
10-27-2008, 10:13 AM
Friday is last day of the month...and Halloween....so I will have to pass as usual :(

I'll be there in spirit...

Mike Leary
10-28-2008, 05:08 PM
My partner & his lead were blowing one the other day, the grounds crew had raked all the maple leafs off the paths into the beds. Well, air does what it does and blew the leaves all over, the grounds lead climbed all over my guys; my guys are 6'+, the grounds lead was not over 5', guess who won?

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-28-2008, 05:51 PM
It was before my time, but I did a search and found this:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=199744&highlight=%2707+winterizing

obviously someone strayed from the bounds of good behavior (imagine that) and the original thread got deleted.

Wow I was pretty tame (and lame) back then. I like the jerk I am now much better. By the way here is my tent.

Mike Leary
10-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Wow I was pretty tame (and lame) back then. I like the jerk I am now much better. By the way here is my tent.

I like my tent.

DanaMac
10-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Mike - when do you pull out the bike pump and start winterizing?

Dripit good
10-28-2008, 10:26 PM
The one with wheels looks a little more comfy.

DanaMac
10-28-2008, 10:28 PM
The one with wheels looks a little more comfy.

But not as cozy

Mike Leary
10-28-2008, 10:35 PM
But not as cozy

The crew is almost done: we'll do the 90 zoners this week.

hoskm01
10-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Pffft. 90 Zones. Ha. Small potatoes.

Kiril
10-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Pffft. 90 Zones. Ha. Small potatoes.

yea, errrr .... piker.

bicmudpuppy
10-29-2008, 12:28 AM

So your not going to make it west in time to see a real system blown out. I can do 90 zones in two controllers :) To bad that doesn't get the other 9 done. It looks like I'll be winterizing 711 thirty plus gpm heads. IF I can blow 8 zones at a time, I will have the first run done in about 5 hours. The plan will be to run through it twice more much slower and then concentrate on getting all the iso valves closed. Turn the system back up to run as many valves as I can at a time and make sure no air escapes or all the laterals are tight. Then we re-pressurize the main so that we can hand water using QC's on frost free drain and waste valves. W/ well over 500 zones, I'm going to blow out more valves in less than two days than some guys winterize all season. (a LOT more than I winterized either of my first two seasons when I was my own company!!) and if we measured it by functional gpm, I am probably blowing more total flow in two days than many do all season!!

If I figure the average residential zone at 15gpm and 6 zones............ Call it around 250 resi's in two days :)

I don't miss dinky pipe one bit:weightlifter:

DanaMac
10-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Way to toot your own horn there mudpup!

bicmudpuppy
10-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Way to toot your own horn there mudpup!

I was in a mood and couldn't pass up the opportunity. I do kind of miss blow out season. Not the work or the hours, but the sense of accomplishment and knowing your more than "adequate" at what you do when you've had a great day in spite of all that gets thrown at you. Those feelings are few and far between this time of year for me now. We have all but quit mowing, and the boys are doing more leaf cleanup than anything else. I've managed to not run off two top hands, and they can get more than must be done, done in their 8 hour day.

DanaMac
10-29-2008, 10:02 AM
I was in a mood and couldn't pass up the opportunity.

B - you know I was screwin' withcha. :)

I wouldn't even know where to begin blowing out a system like that. I'll stick to the dinky pipe systems thank you very much.

Tom Tom
10-29-2008, 11:10 AM
all in one unit

http://cgi.ebay.com/GMC-CAT-CONSTRUCTION-ATLAS-COPCO-AIR-COMPRESSOR-TRUCK_W0QQitemZ350114098774QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item350114098774&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A1|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

hoskm01
10-29-2008, 11:18 AM
all in one unit

http://cgi.ebay.com/GMC-CAT-CONSTRUCTION-ATLAS-COPCO-AIR-COMPRESSOR-TRUCK_W0QQitemZ350114098774QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item350114098774&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A1|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Looks like it was ridden hard. Cant argue with a diesel Cat though.

bicmudpuppy
10-31-2008, 01:50 AM
I posted the pic of my POC for air, a 2" ball valve taped into the 10" main. This is inside the pump house and means the compressor has to be towed across about 1/3 of the golf course. It came to me today that I can just hook into the fire hydrant. Is there anything that anyone knows of, inside a 4" fire hydrant that would prevent using it as a POC? I've never had a fire hydrant apart. The hydrant is serviced by a six inch line from the pump house and is the only fire protection for miles. Another reason why we will re-charge the main after all the laterals are secure.

Without A Drought
10-31-2008, 06:23 PM
as far as i've seen they are just really big frost free hydrants.

never thought of using one for a blowout though.

hoskm01
10-31-2008, 08:39 PM
A 20' rough mower knocked down one in the empty lots at one of our accounts a couple of weeks ago. Nothing but cold hard metal inside. Bottom valve hydrant? Hook up then open valve from top.

Mike Leary
10-31-2008, 09:11 PM
Wait a minute, could you blow the whole town dry?

hoskm01
10-31-2008, 09:17 PM
You should pull a ******ed plumber and get a vac truck, suck it dry.

WalkGood
11-01-2008, 01:02 AM

No but there is a girl who could remove the chrome off a trailer hitch. :rolleyes:

Seriously tho, it sounds like a private fire hydrant. But you knew that already, right?

DanaMac
11-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Well, I'm a little disappointed in this years numbers. As on now 11/3/08, we are down 30 blow outs compared to end of last years numbers. here are some things I attribute to it:

economy
craigslist - too many low ballers on there
the other company that has the similar name as mine that charges far less
my lazy a$$ that could have done more direct calling

I could have done more calling, advertising, etc., but I was burned out early. I really need someone in the office that can do these things for me and I can stay out in the field doing more revenue generating work. Doing both is what makes me the angry, irritable, bitter person you sometimes see here. :laugh: Oh well, I'm still fairly satisfied. My overall numbers are up a very good percentage this year.

hoskm01
11-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Well, I'm a little disappointed in this years numbers. As on now 11/3/08, we are down 30 blow outs compared to end of last years numbers. here are some things I attribute to it:

economy
craigslist - too many low ballers on there
the other company that has the similar name as mine that charges far less
my lazy a$$ that could have done more direct calling

I could have done more calling, advertising, etc., but I was burned out early. I really need someone in the office that can do these things for me and I can stay out in the field doing more revenue generating work. Doing both is what makes me the angry, irritable, bitter person you sometimes see here. :laugh: Oh well, I'm still fairly satisfied. My overall numbers are up a very good percentage this year.
The lowballers hurt our numbers here, also, as far as direct advertising. Black and white crap doorhangers and cards with rock in bag, for 30 or 35 bucks VS. or full color front and back, starting at 45 for the small ones.

DanaMac
11-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Well, I'm a little disappointed in this years numbers. As on now 11/3/08, we are down 30 blow outs compared to end of last years numbers.

Oddly enough, we picked up another 17 today. We'll probably get past last years numbers, but it'll be a lot of late comers trickling in. After this week, the price goes up. Can't group together with others in same neighborhoods this late.

Flow Control
11-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Our numbers are still up in the air right now, I know I lost about 10K in commercial shutdowns. The company that used to sub us bought their own compressor and started handling it themselves. I guess I don't blame them for that too much. We are booked for the week so I am afraid that whom ever calls in will just call another company so they get serviced this week. We are just shy of 900 res and still probably have another 2 full weeks plus a commercial week (jobs where the backflows are inside or in a vault, they are put on the back burner until we have nothing else to do) Will have to wait and see where everything is when the dust settles.

DanaMac
11-03-2008, 09:27 PM
I was hoping for 900 total, 300 apiece. Not going to achieve it, but not a big deal. We'll probably be around 800 when all done. I also got rid of two property management companies, totaling another 50 or so from last year. But the peace of mind not having to deal with another 50 rentals is oh-so-nice. :)

Flow Control
11-03-2008, 09:34 PM
After this week, the price goes up. Can't group together with others in same neighborhoods this late.

Same here, our price goes up at the end of next week. Just $10 though. But after December 1st it doubles.

Flow Control
11-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Anyone else still going? I love this time of the year but I am not crazy about working long hours 7 days a week. My current schedule is Monday - Thursday in our main market and Friday - Sunday in our other market (2+hrs away). And we are running another truck full time (Mon-Sat) and a third truck part time (M-F: 3hrs a day and full days on Saturday and Sunday)

Another Thumbs Up to Hindsite this time of the year

Wet_Boots
11-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Always there are stragglers. I hate seeing busted PVBs.

Flow Control
11-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Always there are stragglers. I hate seeing busted PVBs.

payup Me Too, I hate cracked PVBs payup

Miss, your backflow needs to be repaired. Your water purveyor requires ALL backflows to be tested: Upon installation, upon repair and once a year. So I am sorry for the additional expense but I have to test it as well.

Cracked PVB $$$
PVB Test $$
Winterization $$

Customer: :wall Next year they are calling you in August to get winterized

DanaMac
11-06-2008, 07:54 PM
We're still going. Slowly. we are now just above last years final number. We keep getting stragglers, a few broken bonnets, three RPs to replace, a few ball valves, split copper. Still people out there that want to wait. But, keeps my guys going, and the price goes up next week.

Spent today at the shop cleaning, entering invoices, starting to get ready to inventory EVERYTHING. I have never taken a count of what we have for supplies, tools, tool boxes, etc. I want to a full inventory of every last nozzle, emitter, PVC bushing, etc. and figure out what the biz is worth if I wanted to sell today. Fimco and Mike - bidding starts.............. NOW! :laugh: I just want to know what I have and how much in case I wanted to pull a Fimco and make a lifestyle change. Get up and move to better and calmer things.

Wet_Boots
11-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Get up and move to better and calmer things.Piker.....

Mike Leary
11-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Get up and move to better and calmer things.

Tony offer you a gig?

DanaMac
11-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Tony offer you a gig?

I wouldn't say selling cars is better and calmer right now.

Waterit
11-06-2008, 09:08 PM
I wouldn't say selling cars is better and calmer right now.

Definitely not better, but probably MUCH calmer. They can't GIVE them away, even with 0% APR, rebates, etc.

DanaMac
11-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Definitely not better, but probably MUCH calmer. They can't GIVE them away, even with 0% APR, rebates, etc.

But then life is stressful when you're not bringing in a paycheck because nothing sells.

Waterit
11-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Es verdad.

Wet_Boots
11-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Imagine the joy of selling Hummers these days....

AI Inc
11-07-2008, 04:55 AM
Oddly enough, we picked up another 17 today. We'll probably get past last years numbers, but it'll be a lot of late comers trickling in. After this week, the price goes up. Can't group together with others in same neighborhoods this late.

Thats why mine goes up to $85 after 10/10 and increases again to $100 after 11/1

SprinklerGuy
11-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Well don't worry your pretty little heads about me okay?

September was supposed to be slow...I sold 13 cars and grossed 7k.....
October supposed to be slower....I sold 14 cars was second out of 20 salesman and grossed 6500
November..election month....I have 5 cars out, lead the board and have made 2400 thus far...heh heh heh.

slower? Yes....
calmer? yes....my hands are soft, my brain aint fried, my bills are paid, and I get to sleep in if I want and take the kids to school.....

do I love it? Absolutely!!!

I am second for the year, averaging 14.3 cars per month.....not bad for a "new guy" "greenpea" whatever you want to call me..

I guess if I can sell sprinkler systems I can sell anything....

Amazingly enough....30% of my sales these days are repeats or referrals after only 14 months in the business.....I expect great things.

I'm on track to make 100k my first full year in the business....

did you know only 5% of car salesman nationwide make 100k?
Average salary for carsalesman is 35k....wow.

Anyway...thanks for worrying....it sure isn't for everybody, but it is for me.

I drive a new truck...this month it is a 2009 Ram....this spring it will be a 2009 R/T challenger.....looking forward to that.

I do wish I was as smart as dana though and had some time off in the winter....oh wait, I'm a workaholic cancel that thought!

tomtom? Yougetting all those referrals?

Mike Leary
11-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Good for you Tony. :clapping:

SprinklerGuy
11-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Thanks Mike.....God I hope that didn't sound defensive and self-horn tooting...

I was just making a point that the auto industry, while in a bit of trouble, isn't in as bad a shape at least at my dealership as the media makes it sound.

There are problems for sure....the self indulgent nature of our county and it's inhabitants (self sometimes included) has caused problems in all industries...the demand for new cars has dropped tremendously and there will be some repurcusions....however, used cars are at an all time high....the market is FULL of them.....

things will come full circle...there is always room for honesty, integrity, and customer service in the auto industry as well as the irrigation industy. The strong and smart will survive...and those that spend wisely, conserve resources and think differently will be fine.

Honestly, I think I really got into a rut in the irrigation industry and just needed something different......who knows, maybe I will be selling ice to eskimos next.

Mike Leary
11-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Honestly, I think I really got into a rut in the irrigation industry and just needed something different......who knows, maybe I will be selling ice to eskimos next.

I've lost track of how many business cards and "careers" I've had. The important thing is to wake up in the morning and want to go for it. I think it was Henry Thoreau that talked about "leading the life of quiet desperation.". Not me, not you. :)

hoskm01
11-09-2008, 07:38 PM
I've lost track of how many business cards and "careers" I've had. The important thing is to wake up in the morning and want to go for it. I think it was Henry Thoreau that talked about "leading the life of quiet desperation.". Not me, not you. :)
If you like what you do, you never have to "work" a day in your life.

Mike Leary
11-09-2008, 08:00 PM
If you like what you do, you never have to "work" a day in your life.

Speaking of "work", the mo/ho gets her oil chng., etc., tomorrow. Prolly
head out Tuesday; question is; which way? It's closing in on us. :dizzy:

hoskm01
11-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Chase that storm. Dont end up like the Donners.

Mike Leary
11-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Chase that storm. Dont end up like the Donners.

Truth; when we had the Land Rover we'd attack the storm. Bess is fairly heavy, 16K. Fresh Goodyear 12 plys, does fine in snow, but the older I get the less fun I have driving in it. It's not because of me, I've been driving pretty much non-stop for the last 40+ years: it's the dipsh*its that scare the hell out of me.

hoskm01
11-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Truth; when we had the Land Rover we'd attack the storm. Bess is fairly heavy, 16K. Fresh Goodyear 12 plys, does fine in snow, but the older I get the less fun I have driving in it. It's not because of me, I've been driving pretty much non-stop for the last 40+ years: it's the dipsh*its that scare the hell out of me.
Fair concern. Well, chase it from a distance, let the next one push you into town on the leading edge.

Mike Leary
11-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Fair concern. Well, chase it from a distance, let the next one push you into town on the leading edge.

Thanks, hope to see you pikers.

hoskm01
11-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Thanks, hope to see you pikers.
Do better than hope, I had the drapes laundered.

DanaMac
12-02-2008, 07:40 PM
I had three calls today for blowouts. One is a commercial motel that I DIRECTLY CALLED two months ago. New general manager said his maintenance guy would handle it. Now he says the maintenance guy left him high and dry. My comps are put away for the year. I'm not sending myself or anyone out for one or two. Supposed to be highs in the low 30s and lows about 12 the next couple days. Uh uh. Ain't gonna happen.

WalkGood
12-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I had three calls today for blowouts. One is a commercial motel that I DIRECTLY CALLED two months ago. New general manager said his maintenance guy would handle it. Now he says the maintenance guy left him high and dry. My comps are put away for the year. I'm not sending myself or anyone out for one or two. Supposed to be highs in the low 30s and lows about 12 the next couple days. Uh uh. Ain't gonna happen.

Tell him today's price is $389, cash for 12 zones. $200 deposit non-refundable. In cash before you dig out the compressor. Balance due in cash, in hand before you start the compressor.

DanaMac
12-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Tell him today's price is $389, cash for 12 zones. $200 deposit non-refundable. In cash before you dig out the compressor. Balance due in cash, in hand before you start the compressor.

It would never fly. He'd rather play the game of HOPING nothing would break and pay to fix some real damage.

Kiril
12-02-2008, 10:28 PM
It would never fly. He'd rather play the game of HOPING nothing would break and pay to fix some real damage.

:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

DanaMac
12-02-2008, 10:29 PM
:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

Yeah I know I know. Just the way some people think though. BUT - I am sending TomTom the contact info and he may call the guy.

Flow Control
12-02-2008, 11:22 PM
they are calling for mid 40's tomorrow. We still have 18 to do.

DanaMac
12-03-2008, 09:49 AM
they are calling for mid 40's tomorrow. We still have 18 to do.

We had a high of 65 yesterday. More snow today. High 32-35.

I think one reason I like the snow is it gives me an excuse to stay home and not drive into town. Excuse for not doing a whole lot. Although I do have a list of honey-dos, but I have 4 months to do them.

Wet_Boots
12-03-2008, 10:04 AM
We had a high of 65 yesterday. More snow today. High 32-35.

I think one reason I like the snow is it gives me an excuse to stay home and not drive into town. Excuse for not doing a whole lot. Although I do have a list of honey-dos, but I have 4 months to do them.We'll be sure to remind you. Half a dozen winterizings left to go, more or less.

DanaMac
12-03-2008, 10:12 AM
We'll be sure to remind you. Half a dozen winterizings left to go, more or less.

Have you had any serious freezing temps yet? Or any calls for freeze damage? We've already replace 3 RPs and a handful of ball valves and bonnets.

Wet_Boots
12-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Yes to damaging temperatures, but some old houses get a break from the supply line exiting from a basement furnace room. I dismantled and reassembled the last two RPZs on my own systems just on the brink of overnight freezing.

BSME
12-03-2008, 10:52 AM
4 yesterday 3 today. Still need another 8 to get to 900. then i'll be done.

They all need new P&Bs nowadays

Wet_Boots
12-03-2008, 10:57 AM
P and B ??

(Poppet and Bonnet?)

BSME
12-03-2008, 11:07 AM
yes 905-212

Wet_Boots
12-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Not a Febco user, so I don't have that on my systems. (looks for a photo of a frozen Wilkins)

Waterit
12-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Isn't it time for this thread to go away yet?

60's today, overnight lows in upper 30's, same for rest of week. Perfect working weather (now we just need some work:laugh:).

DanaMac
12-03-2008, 11:32 AM
(looks for a photo of a frozen Wilkins)

You mean something like this?

bicmudpuppy
12-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Isn't it time for this thread to go away yet?

60's today, overnight lows in upper 30's, same for rest of week. Perfect working weather (now we just need some work:laugh:).

Not quite yet, but give it another 60 days and we can start talking about how much better we are all going to be about everything in 09...........winterizing that is. It's never to early to start talking about that beautiful cash flow endeavor called winterization ;)

Wet_Boots
12-03-2008, 02:19 PM
You mean something like this?More like this. It may actually work next year, even though the bonnet is now warped.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5218/wilkinspvbfrozen1pf4.jpg

jerryrwm
12-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Well just for the hell of it I sent a couple guys out on a special request blow-out. Told him we would probably be better off pizzin' in the wind, but he wanted us to try it anyway. Temp was 16 last night and there is about 6" of snow on the ground. Then that's it...no more for 08.

Wet_Boots
12-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Do they always pay for "trying it anyway?"

WalkGood
12-04-2008, 11:43 AM

Cash. Up front.

Flow Control
12-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Put the trucks and compressors away for the winter today. Going to just keep a small truck and a 80cfm available if need be. Going to fax the insurance guy tomorrow and just get theft and fire on the ones in storage.

Mike Leary
12-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Do you guys have to have year-around plates on the tow-behinds?

Wet_Boots
12-05-2008, 12:05 PM
It isn't like the states give a discount for only using them three months out of the year.

irritation
12-05-2008, 12:11 PM
We're not required to have plates on our compressors in Indiana.

DanaMac
12-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Do you guys have to have year-around plates on the tow-behinds?

yup. and I pay under $250 for the year on all three compressors, so i don't mess with dropping insurance.

TRILAWNCARE
12-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Put the trucks and compressors away for the winter today. Going to just keep a small truck and a 80cfm available if need be. Going to fax the insurance guy tomorrow and just get theft and fire on the ones in storage.

yup. and I pay under $250 for the year on all three compressors, so i don't mess with dropping insurance.

I think he's talking about the truck insurance

DanaMac
12-05-2008, 12:24 PM

Ah, probably right. I use my other work vehicles occasionally during the winter. One gets used tomorrow to transport tricks for a magic show. My GF does some shows as the magician's assistant. Good fun for her.

Plus I'll use them when my truck is in the shop. Friends or family come to town. Moving friends. Etc. So I don't take the insurance off the trucks.

Mike Leary
12-05-2008, 12:26 PM
That's unfair, I'd say; I delete collision insurance on my 150 when we're down here, but the plates are year-around. :dizzy:

Kiril
12-05-2008, 12:43 PM
That's unfair, I'd say; I delete collision insurance on my 150 when we're down here, but the plates are year-around. :dizzy:

OK ........ twinkie toes.

Wet_Boots
12-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Nice that a bakery item filled with sugared fat has a mascot wearing a bandana with hearts on it....

Flow Control
12-05-2008, 03:27 PM

Yep, I was just talking about truck insurance, we are not require to have plates on our compressors. And since compressors can not be driven the policy is different, something like 1% of value.

AI Inc
12-05-2008, 03:40 PM
I make a habbit of driving each truck once a week or so all winter.

Mike Leary
12-05-2008, 03:44 PM
I make a habbit of driving.

Meet any Hobbits on the road?

AI Inc
12-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Meet any Hobbits on the road?

Just nuns so far.

jerryrwm
12-05-2008, 04:27 PM
They dug down and cut the mainline about a foot from the backflow riser and actually completed the blow-out! He said that they would like to be on the list next year and promised that he wouldn't wait so long. He even gave the guys a $20.00 tip! (I had two go to the job as they were going towards home after plowing snow all night.) The compressor is now officially shut down for the winter. High temp so far today has been 19 above and was down to 6 this morning. Snow due in tonight about 11:00PM.