PDA

View Full Version : Is the 5MB of space my ISP enough?

Lawn-Scapes
01-25-2002, 02:13 PM
I would like to have a website.. Not sure where to begin.

Is it okay to use what the ISP gives as website or would it be better to have your own domain?

Is 5MB of space enough?

What is a host?

Administrator
01-26-2002, 12:58 AM
A ISP website does not offer a very good business solution. Is... http://www.sbcglobal.net/customer/~yourname.html (as example) easy to remember?

You need a name that shows association and is easily remembered.

5mb is also not very much space these days. But, I still think a nice 3 to 5 page website with custom graphics can be managed under 5. I doubt you would be be able to have website logs though... these take up a lot of space. (lawnsite needs around 500mb for a backup, but.. I have a database)

Here in about 2 weeks to a month I will be offering you guys a hosting package that will be hard to turn down! When I say package I mean the whole deal... domain, hosting, designed website, etc. Something that a person with very little or no knowledge of building or maintaining a website can do and have a professional looking site! Very simple and affordable also. I will keep you updated.

Lawn-Scapes
01-26-2002, 01:06 AM
Thanks Chuck.

That sounds good. I think I'll wait and see what you will have to offer.

Are we going to have to have a lawnsite link on it? I don't want my customers peeking in here.. ;)

Administrator
01-26-2002, 01:29 AM
NO links to LawnSite.com!! I have spent to much time and money trying to keep my demographics the way they are.

Thanks!

gusbuster
01-26-2002, 05:58 PM
That would be cool. How about search engine submittal??
John

Administrator
01-26-2002, 06:09 PM
Thats easy enough.

MOW ED
01-27-2002, 06:22 PM
I'm really interested Chuck.

I'll keep looking in.

Lawn-Scapes
02-10-2002, 12:40 PM
Getting close? Any details yet?

smburgess
02-11-2002, 02:15 PM
I finally broke down and got my own domain name last week. I still have southernlawncare.tripod.com , but now I have southernlawncare.com . It cost me only $166 for two years (including the domain name) no setup fees, FrontPage 2002 extensions, 150 megs of space, 3 gigs of bandwidth per month. I was really pleased. I had did a lot of research for a host and liked the reviews and features this one offered. I know I posted a year or so ago that I would never pay for a site, but the prices have come down so far and fast, I coundn't help myself!

To give you an idea of the space needed, my website uses about 3.5 meg.

smburgess
02-12-2002, 08:04 AM
Made a mistake it's not 3gig per month it's 15gig!!!