PDA

View Full Version : Back to the cemetery

Waterit
08-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Went back to the cemetery today to see what damage they incurred during last week's lightning event. They had said that one of the ICC's was blown off the wall - not so, neither one damaged in the least. Rainsensors both OK, PSR-B-s both okay. Start running zones, oops 2 in a row on same controller have blown solenoids. And one of the pumps has blown its discharge piping completely off, must have been deadheading on the fried solenoids.

Replaced solenoids, ran and got galvanized parts and repiped both pumps all the way to the 1st horizontal turn underground. Installed check valves on each discharge side to keep them from pumping against each other with PRV's downstream of checks.

Everything looks good, I go sleeve a light commercial we have coming up and finally head home about 6PM, stopping to pick up the mail on the way. Get home, open mail, find payment for insurance co.'s portion of cemetery repair.
I ONLY INVOICED CEMETERY LAST TUESDAY, they have yet to pay, but insurance $$$ are here.

Going fishing the rest of the week.:cool2:

DanaMac
08-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Going fishing the rest of the week.:cool2:

Right in the middle of Fay? At least you'll get some rain out of this. I think.

Waterit
08-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Right in the middle of Fay? At least you'll get some rain out of this. I think.

That's south FL, I'm in the extreme NW corner, we won't get any of that

Stuttering Stan
08-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Great illustration of the relationship between you and Fay.
If I remember right, a few weeks ago you posted about how to charge for this huge cemetary job. What did you ever decide?

Waterit
08-18-2008, 11:38 PM
Great illustration of the relationship between you and Fay.
If I remember right, a few weeks ago you posted about how to charge for this huge cemetary job. What did you ever decide?

Original invoice was for $10,143, but has now grown after today's little episode.

DanaMac
08-19-2008, 08:55 AM
That's south FL, I'm in the extreme NW corner, we won't get any of that

Gotcha. Good, stay dry. Catch some dinner.

koster_irrigation
08-19-2008, 06:38 PM
fay is on top of FL as we speak, thank god its not turning up this way!! ;)

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-19-2008, 07:06 PM
If only the air from Fay could be harnessed to winterize all northern irrigation systems........

Wet_Boots
08-19-2008, 07:08 PM
fay is on top of FL as we speak, thank god its not turning up this way!! ;)I thought the Carolinas were a bit short of rainfall - is this reverse psychology?

Mike Leary
08-19-2008, 07:11 PM
If only the air from Fay could be harnessed to winterize all northern irrigation systems........

Nice cross threading! At $ 125.00 & up for winterize, I detect a note of jealousy.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Nice cross threading! At $ 125.00 & up for winterize, I detect a note of jealousy.

I'm only jealous of the fact you get to travel your twinkie in warm southern weather without working all day.

Waterit
08-19-2008, 09:14 PM

How long does the average winterizing take?

Without A Drought
08-19-2008, 09:47 PM
How long does the average winterizing take?

5 minutes and up, depending on zone and volume and inlet size. the average 12 zone system takes less than half an hour.

Mike Leary
08-19-2008, 09:52 PM
5 minutes and up, depending on zone and volume and inlet size. the average 12 zone system takes less than half an hour.

Not with us, we walk thru the system with the remote and look at every
head. We like winter work.:)