PDA

View Full Version : Dallisgrass In Common Bermuda

RWear
08-18-2008, 11:27 PM
I live in North Alabama and I'm having a problem with dallisgrass in my common bermuda. I sprayed MSMA but it only turned it yellow, never killed it. The dallisgrass has actually turned backed to green. What can I get that will kill it?

jbrown5
08-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Dallisgrass is a booger and very hard to kill. You will need to treat the dallisgrass at least three times at 5-10 day intervals in order to finish it off. I use a rate of 1 oz per 1000ft2. Hope this helps you out.

ALATURF
08-19-2008, 08:17 PM
I use revolver and msma combined and it works very well.

jbrown5
08-20-2008, 02:18 AM
Alaturf,

We usually start throwing in Revolver when the temps. start coming down in the fall when MSMA activity drops. Have you been using Revolver and MSMA during the summer with good results? What rate of Revolver are you using? We used it up until the middle of June but I could not tell a difference from using MSMA alone. Anything to better battle dallisgrass I would love to get your input. Thanks.

Weedkilla
08-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Revolver or Triplet sf works good

ALATURF
08-20-2008, 03:31 PM
I've been using revolver w/msma all summer with good results. I usually use 1-1.5 oz per k but i only use the high side when i'm on a well irrigated lawn. I will also add iron to help offset any yellowing if needed. I've also read on here about mixing certainty and msma but i have not tried that yet.

jbrown5
08-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the info. I may have to do some more experimenting with the Revolver and MSMA together. I have not tried Certainty and MSMA together for dallisgrass but Tim Murphy at Georgia told me they have seen no activity from using Certainty. I was asking what our alternatives would be once MSMA is phased out over the next few years and he told me a shovel would be the best option.

hmartin
08-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Keep up the MSMA on a weekly basis and it'll be gone by the end of the month. If you delay the subsequent applications and let the plant turn back green, you have wasted your time.

ed2hess
08-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Go out there on a 90F day with msma and add some soap and it will take it out...obviously keep irrigation off for a couple days.

RWear
08-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Thanks for all information.

New Bern Bear
08-25-2008, 10:29 AM
There is a good website to visit that will give accurate info on weed control. Pull a search on TURF FILES ... Its an NC State website that is excellent.

mikecox1
04-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Go out there on a 90F day with msma and add some soap and it will take it out...obviously keep irrigation off for a couple days.

I have a brown thumb so please excuse my uneducated questions, but when you say "Add some soap to it" what do you mean Is this what some people are calling a "sticker"?. Also, what kind of soap and in what concentration? I have what I believe is Dallidgrass in my Bramuda lawn and I will do/pay whatever it takes to get rid of it. It covers about 25% of my front lawn this time of year.