PDA

View Full Version : AdWords worth it?

OsbornLawnMaintenance
08-18-2008, 10:42 PM
I've signed up to adwords for a very low monthly budget just to see how it goes. Has anyone seen any revenue from it?

WebMan
08-20-2008, 09:30 PM
There is a new feature on ad words I have not tried but would recommend more than any other (ad words is generally just too expensive in terms of cost vs. customers)
They now have a way to "localize" your ads so they appear much better to people in your local area, you can even get on a map at the top of the page with a mark at your location if you want.
This only works if the customer has a local Internet provider. AOL for example routes all their IP's from one state (Virginia or close) so they always display the same, but if the IP of the person searching is in your area you automatically get much higher placement for the same terms.
Seems like a great idea, just haven't had time to try it for any of my customers yet.

mdvaden
08-23-2008, 03:56 AM
I've signed up to adwords for a very low monthly budget just to see how it goes. Has anyone seen any revenue from it?

It was useful until my site rose up the page.

But I could bid 6 cents a click then, or even 25 cents for competitive words, and get a few thousand dollars of work for less than $10 per month to Google. Seems the bids for clicks are reaching one to five dollars per click now in some towns for some words.

Hard to say how it will work.

Don't ask.

That's the advice.

Don't ask - just do it.

Set a budget limit so it will shut off at a daily limit to avoid getting creamed.

Try it for a month. That's how you will know. It really does not matter what we experienced. You need to test it yourself. That's exactly how you will know.

MowHouston
08-28-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm a little late in replying to this but I am an avid adwords user. There is a lot of competition for page rank on google in the Houston area.

I'll set my bids at about $2.00 - $2.50 per click to keep my ads in the top three. I've got a good website that sells my services and prices for me.

I can get about 30+ customers per month advertising on google. However, when I advertise for a smaller town, like Galveston. I get no clicks :)

One thing you need to know is that even though google is saying that your ads are only showing up for "Little City, USA".... if that little city is a suburb or just outside of "Big City, USA" you'll find that the IP address still shows up as Big City, USA.

For example... Galveston is 45 miles south of Houston. However, if I cut out out my Houston advertising area and only advertise in Galveston, I get little or no IMPRESSIONS. Not even clicks. Why? Because the IP addresses still show up as Houston.

Hell... I live in Galveston and sometimes MY IP shows up as if I am coming from Spring. Which is 15 miles NORTH of Houston. :)

So there is that little flaw.

One risky idea is to go ahead and set your advertising area to that big city, yet have your ads say "Servicing Little City, USA"

This way, in theory, people who arent from that city, are less likely to click on it.

Adwords seems simple, but once you get into it, it get pretty "fun" :D