PDA

View Full Version : Getting hammered (slightly) by T.S. Fay

bblawncare
08-19-2008, 10:05 AM
:clapping: Getting a much needed rest as a result of the storm. While it came ashore on the west coast of FL, we here on the east coast are in the NE quadrant of the storm which is typically the most active part. We've already had nearly 5" of rain in West Palm Beach and a couple of small tornados touch down in the area with some damage, but no injuries. Hopefully it will not get any worse. It's very rainy and pretty breezy (sometimes up to 40-50 mph). All in all, not too bad, but it sure is a nice break-only worked 2.5 hours yesterday and 0 today-this is the most time I've had off since Christmas!!

DanaMac
08-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Stay safe and dry.

Most time off since Christmas? I don't know how some of you do it. I only work as hard as I do so that I can play and relax as much as I do. When there is work, we work hard. When there isn't, we play and relax.

keep up the good work though, but find more time to enjoy life too

Wet_Boots
08-19-2008, 10:22 AM
I think the Carolinas want you to send up the rain, minus the tornadoes. We will get (slightly) hammered in sympathy.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-19-2008, 08:34 PM
:clapping: Getting a much needed rest as a result of the storm. While it came ashore on the west coast of FL, we here on the east coast are in the NE quadrant of the storm which is typically the most active part. We've already had nearly 5" of rain in West Palm Beach and a couple of small tornados touch down in the area with some damage, but no injuries. Hopefully it will not get any worse. It's very rainy and pretty breezy (sometimes up to 40-50 mph). All in all, not too bad, but it sure is a nice break-only worked 2.5 hours yesterday and 0 today-this is the most time I've had off since Christmas!!

If only football started this weekend........ I need to introduce you to our college football game we play every year. You'd love it.... I'm trying to figure out how to get Lsiters together to play.

Mike Leary
08-19-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to get Lsiters together to play.

Too many coaches, no players.

Wet_Boots
08-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Football, ehh. Curling is the sport.

Az Gardener
08-19-2008, 10:24 PM
I saw some bone head with a parachute tied to a ski line on the beach. That guy got hammered:dizzy::dizzy: Darwinism at work. He was slammed into the side of a building doing about 35-40 near as I could tell. Reports were he is in critical condition.

DanaMac
08-20-2008, 12:32 AM
I saw some bone head with a parachute tied to a ski line on the beach. That guy got hammered:dizzy::dizzy: Darwinism at work. He was slammed into the side of a building doing about 35-40 near as I could tell. Reports were he is in critical condition.

Yup, it was a kite boarder. Great video of him slamming into the ground, taking off again and gone in the wind....