PDA

View Full Version : southern boys unite

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-19-2008, 06:48 PM
This year I want to sabotage the winterizing thread with our best sarcasm. Remember Jeb Stuart or somebody said the secret to victory is to get there first with the most.

CAPT Stream Rotar
08-19-2008, 06:50 PM
someone who cares>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<reletless waitress comments>>>>>>>>

Waterit
08-19-2008, 06:52 PM
This year I want to sabotage the winterizing thread with our best sarcasm. Remember Jeb Stuart or somebody said the secret to victory is to get there first with the most.

I'm in, though I fear there may not be enough of us.

And I think it may have been Patton with the quote, sounds like something he'd say, anyway.:gunsfirin

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-19-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm in, though I fear there may not be enough of us.

And I think it may have been Patton with the quote, sounds like something he'd say, anyway.:gunsfirin

strategy and leadership.........

Mike Leary
08-19-2008, 06:53 PM
reletless waitress comments>

I consider the matter dropped, until you make another bonehead move.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-19-2008, 06:55 PM

Hey northerner....don't hijack our thread......

Wet_Boots
08-19-2008, 06:57 PM
somene misspelled 'relentless'

Mike Leary
08-19-2008, 07:06 PM
This year I want to sabotage the winterizing thread with our best sarcasm.

So far no sarcasm, give it your best shot, we northern folk are immune
to your closet admiration.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-19-2008, 07:08 PM
So far no sarcasm, give it your best shot, we northern folk are immune
to your closet admiration.

I'm putting that quote in my locker for daily review. You will rue the day you challenged dry witted southern boys......

Wet_Boots
08-19-2008, 07:10 PM
dry? or half?

Mike M
08-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Well, I'm new at irrigation, but I will celebrate the liberties of the south and recede from learning how to winterize. One less thing.

Mike M.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-19-2008, 07:18 PM
dry? or half?

Since the southern image of you is a 300lb yankee sitting at a keyboard all day we'll proudly take .5 from you.

Mike Leary
08-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Since the southern image of you is a 300lb yankee sitting at a keyboard all day we'll proudly take .5 from you.

Whoa, the south strikes; the ball is in your court, Boots, no photoshop, now.

Wet_Boots
08-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Since the southern image of you is a 300lb yankee sitting at a keyboard all day we'll proudly take .5 from you.Them there's fightin' words!!

CAPT Stream Rotar
08-19-2008, 07:54 PM
boots, post some pics..

I mean even sheshrubbler poster her"irrigation" pics.

Wet_Boots
08-19-2008, 07:57 PM
(I had a swell manifold pic, and accidentally deleted it from my phone)

Waterit
08-19-2008, 09:15 PM

And you are?

Waterit
08-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Them there's fightin' words!!

Momma hates it when Bubba squezzes her haid...

Waterit
08-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Well, I'm new at irrigation, but I will celebrate the liberties of the south and recede from learning how to winterize. One less thing.

Mike M.

Welcome aboard. Hope you have thick skin and lots of patience.:)

Mike Leary
08-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Welcome aboard. Hope you have thick skin and lots of patience.:)

Don't trust any of these guys, they're all reps.

EagleLandscape
08-19-2008, 09:21 PM
What's winterization? It got down to 80 degrees today. There were a few moments that I wasnt sweating actually.

Witerizing is for sissys. We irrigation 12 months out of the year:)

Without A Drought
08-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Nothing could spoil blowout season, not even surly southerners. go swap out some MP's, I'll gladly pull hose and blow for 4 months (sarcasm insterted)

pg

Mike Leary
08-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Witerizing is for sissys.

Geez. you southern types don't even know how to spell it.

EagleLandscape
08-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Geez. you southern types don't even know how to spell it.

HAHAHAHAHA, cold move. Don't make me come up there to the mountains, trudge through the beautiful scenery, and hurt you.

txgrassguy
08-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Winterizing? Winterizing? We don't do none of that carpetbagging winterizing down these parts. Sarcasm ended.
On a good note I actually had to put a sweatshirt on this evening because it got below 80*F for once.
Them there rain drops sure were purty to see. Sarcasm re-started.

irrig8r
08-19-2008, 10:31 PM
We don't winterize in this part of CA either....

We just turn systems off when the rainy season begins in late October to early November... and if it's dry in January we turn 'em on again... just run 'em less often...

So does that make me a token Southerner?

Mike Leary
08-19-2008, 10:36 PM
HAHAHAHAHA, cold move. Don't make me come up there to the mountains, trudge through the beautiful scenery, and hurt you.

Battery operated tools really scare us; how about air-power?
Bring it on, flatlander, we'll see who wins at the rendezvous.

bicmudpuppy
08-19-2008, 10:48 PM
What's winterization? It got down to 80 degrees today. There were a few moments that I wasnt sweating actually.
My assistant broke out the jacket this morning. It was 53 when I got up and cooled down a bit more before sundown. Fall is in the air. We aerify greens Monday and start everything else after that, including fall over seeding. First HS football scrimmage is Saturday!!!!

ROFLMFAO, I've been in DFW for "winter". We shut down controllers to prevent icing sidewalks 3 times in February............and had 4 days over 90 the same month. You guys can be as jealous as you want, but gravy is gravy and anyone who wants to go on a low fat diet is fine by me. Someone else (maybe a 300# Yankee at a keyboard) will be glad to take the rich cream gravy off the top for you.

BTW, while I was killing myself turning clocks on and off that February, the company made the EXACT same as if we had only made the contractual one or two trips/month for inspections.

DanaMac
08-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Mmmmmm....... I'l take blow out season over your southerners' season anytime. I'll bust my hump for 6-8 weeks so I can take 3-4 MONTHS off anyday. Hit the slopes, watch Food Network, sleep in, take dogs for mid day walks. Yeah, working 12 months sure beats that :confused:

You boys (and girls - Barb) are jealous

Waterit
08-19-2008, 11:31 PM

Attaboy, JW, good to see marriage hasn't mellowed you out.....yet.:)

We don't winterize in this part of CA either....
We just turn systems off when the rainy season begins in late October to early November... and if it's dry in January we turn 'em on again... just run 'em less often...
So does that make me a token Southerner?

We hereby grant you honorary membership, but only if you start to say "y'all":laugh:

Waterit
08-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Mmmmmm....... I'l take blow out season over your southerners' season anytime. I'll bust my hump for 6-8 weeks so I can take 3-4 MONTHS off anyday. Hit the slopes, watch Food Network, sleep in, take dogs for mid day walks. Yeah, working 12 months sure beats that :confused:

You boys (and girls - Barb) are jealous

Yeah, I really miss spending 3 months walking around in all the clothes I own to keep warm.

2 things separate the men and the boys down here - July and August. ANYBODY can work when it's cool out, try 90/90 heat/humidity and see what you got.

DanaMac
08-19-2008, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I really miss spending 3 months walking around in all the clothes I own to keep warm.

2 things separate the men and the boys down here - July and August. ANYBODY can work when it's cool out, try 90/90 heat/humidity and see what you got.

During the winter, I am in shorts probably 75% of the time. The other 25%, I'm either dressed for the slopes, or naked next to my woman :laugh:

I'm one of those guys that will where shorts and his winter jacket during a storm.

AI Inc
08-20-2008, 04:21 AM

I worked an air force base in FLA ( redoing expansion joints on runways) in June as a kid, Im sweating here typing , just thinking about it.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-20-2008, 07:37 AM
What I don't get is why they even bother with irrigation up north. Are people up north so lazy they can't water their yards the few times it might need it on hot 85 degree summer days:rolleyes: We southerners would have a lot better use for our money than spending it on a short term usage irrigation system and yearly blow out costs.:drinkup:

EagleLandscape
08-20-2008, 07:55 AM
rain and freeze sensors prolly woulda saved yall some money then...

Do I hear a Smartline calling?

BAHAHAHA

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Shoot I'd upgrade the system with a compressor mounted next to the blowout c-ck and have the whole winterization thing automated to eliminate the yearly visit from grumpy yankees heading for winter hibernation.:sleeping:

DanaMac
08-20-2008, 08:15 AM
Shoot I'd upgrade the system with a compressor mounted next to the blowout c-ck and have the whole winterization thing automated to eliminate the yearly visit from grumpy yankees heading for winter hibernation.:sleeping:

You go right ahead and create it. And I'll think about trying to push this $5000 upgrade to old ladies on fixed incomes. Nothing like stealing from the elderly. Texas style.

**** I say that in a sarcastic, comical tone, so nobody get their panties in a bunch ****

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-20-2008, 08:18 AM
old ladies on fixed incomes.
Nothing like stealing from the elderly.
Texas style.

Thanks Dana-you've given me a tune for my next blues song.

DanaMac
08-20-2008, 08:21 AM
Thanks Dana-you've given me a tune for my next blues song.

Royalties can be sent to PO Box ........

Kiril
08-20-2008, 09:28 AM
What I don't get is why they even bother with irrigation up north.

Took the words right out of my mouth. :laugh:

AI Inc
08-20-2008, 10:30 AM
What I don't get is why they even bother with irrigation up north. Are people up north so lazy they can't water their yards the few times it might need it on hot 85 degree summer days:rolleyes: We southerners would have a lot better use for our money than spending it on a short term usage irrigation system and yearly blow out costs.:drinkup:

If one wants to have a nice lawn it needs to be irrigated. On a normal summer from mid May untill mid September it will be between 75 -98 degrees.

There are also a lot of people around here that make good money. They dont cut their lawn , they dont clean their own houses and they dont lump hoses around.

Mike Leary
08-20-2008, 11:16 AM
What I don't get is why they even bother with irrigation up north.

You bin taking my grumpy pills again?

Wet_Boots
08-20-2008, 11:43 AM
I do have to tip a longneck to those southern folks for their BBQ - it goes downhill after that.

Mike Leary
08-20-2008, 02:17 PM
I do have to tip a longneck to those southern folks for their BBQ

Yup, best steak I ever had was in Dallas at some huge aircraft hanger kind
of place. :clapping:

Waterit
08-20-2008, 05:39 PM

Grew up in NY, and had never seen an irrigation system until I moved down here in '81. And there are some days when I wish I STILL hadn't:laugh:

irrig8r
08-20-2008, 08:15 PM
We hereby grant you honorary membership, but only if you start to say "y'all":laugh:

OK, so... lemme get it straight... "yall" is singluar and "yalls" is plural, right?

koster_irrigation
08-20-2008, 08:16 PM
[DOOR OPENS] Whaaassss uuuuuuupppppp!!!!!!!!!!!

Waterit
08-20-2008, 09:47 PM
OK, so... lemme get it straight... "yall" is singluar and "yalls" is plural, right?

Let me use them both in a sentence:

Y'all need y'all's system looked at.

A couple of other Southernisms to practice with:

I'm fixin' to make dinner.
Y'all carry yourselves on over to the table.
Y'all want a coke? What kind?

There'll be a test at the Great Southern Rendevous.

AI Inc
08-21-2008, 05:44 AM
Ok I understand Yall , is lazy way to say you all , but where does all come in when talking to one person?

If you only have 1 dog , does the wife say " let the dogs out"?

Waterit
08-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Ok I understand Yall , is lazy way to say you all , but where does all come in when talking to one person?

If you only have 1 dog , does the wife say " let the dogs out"?

Nope, she says either "let the dawg out" or "get that critter outta heah" or "either the dawg is fixin' to go or y'all are".

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-21-2008, 07:49 AM
My intro line:

HOWDY! YA'LL doing OKAY!

My daughter's Connecticut friend told her to switch to YOU GUYS when she moved to Boston.

Waterit
08-21-2008, 09:07 AM
My intro line:

HOWDY! YA'LL doing OKAY!

My daughter's Connecticut friend told her to switch to YOU GUYS when she moved to Boston.

Thought it was "youse guys", but maybe that's the NY version.

irrig8r
08-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Thought it was "youse guys", but maybe that's the NY version.

I used to hear a lot of "yous" from some of my dad's older aunts and uncles... they were from Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Detroit and other coal and steel producing areas...

Wet_Boots
08-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Pittsburgh could say it as "Yinz"

benjammin
08-21-2008, 11:01 PM

nope
y'all and
all y'alls
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/images/smilies/cheers.gif

Kiril
08-21-2008, 11:33 PM
Thats sick