PDA

View Full Version : Pricing question

GriffinLawnService
08-19-2008, 07:52 PM
I was just curious on what some other lco chargered an how you charge. Do you get your first cut price by an hourly rate then charge the customer that from there on out or do you have a set rate by acre. Me personaly I have a hourly rate that I go by. Any feed back is helpful

Dave_005
08-20-2008, 06:25 PM
simple when i go to look at a new account i walk the yard see how big it is how much trimming is involved. then i tell the customer i will do the yard for X amount. and thats the amount i charge for the rest of the season. every yard is differant so i dont use any set rates.

STIHL GUY
08-20-2008, 09:42 PM
i walk the yard first and try to figure out how long it will take. i base my price on that and tell the customer the price and if they agree i get to work but if they dont i walk away

bohiaa
08-20-2008, 09:48 PM
also Look for things like can I get a rider through the gates?

Are there hills, is there a lot of weedeating? is there a lot of edging?

IS it a high traffic area ? CArs and people?

your right to keep in mine the time issue, but also look at how hard it is.....

We have some townhouses right down town with a GREAT sidewalk and access to a favorate hang out "so to speek" for elderly people.
wh charge more because we have to STOP and sometimes kill the equiptment when people go walking by. and in wheel chairs, walkers and such...

Good Luck