PDA

View Full Version : Consulting Business

turfbug
08-19-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm a golf course superintendent and I'm thinking of starting a part time business on the side. I would really like to get into consulting for home lawns and/or starting a spray business. I dont deal much with home owners so I'm wondering if there is a market for turfgrass consultants. I'm located in a small city in the south. Thanks for any ideas or info.

txgrassguy
08-19-2008, 10:34 PM
turfbug, good to see another super on this site.
Since you can't private message for a few more posts, just call me on my cell
at 830-613-2006 and I'll help you as much as I can. I have been doing a similar type of business for over nine years here in Central Texas so I have a bunch of info I think would help you minimize the problems I initially ran into.
Steve

barefootlawnsandlandscape
08-20-2008, 07:12 PM
I am a former superintendent and remember that I was pretty much doing consulting for my member's lawns all the time. Some would pay me some wouldn't. That is what inspired me to start the business I am in.

How has the golf course business been this year. Been out now for 3 years, still keep in touch with some of the guys in state that I came to know well through our chapter of GCSAA. I know around here it has been a great year for bent and sorry year for bermuda.

I miss the business sometimes, but don't miss having to work weekends in the summer and all the worry about bent grass burning up in the summer.

Sorry to hijack your thread.

turfbug
08-21-2008, 08:02 PM
thanks txgrassguy, My email is proturfsolutions@yahoo.com if you'd rather communicate that way, but I'll definitely give you a call as well. Thanks for the reply. This is a little new to me so I'm just trying to gather as much info as I can.