PDA

View Full Version : st. aug and zoysia help asap please!

midlandlawncare
08-20-2008, 12:40 AM
Please give me a few ideas if you will , i have 2 types of grass in my biggest customers yard , st aug and zoysia , i recently sodded the st. aug in june , i now have some sod pieces that are completely bermuda ( there was none in the yard before , it was centipede and i killed it all beforehand with glyphosphate), i have a few that are full of sedge and dalligrass , obviously i got a bad batch of sod , what can i apply right now to help rid me of this? the lawn can definitely use some fert, and it is thin in places , 34-0-0 with plenty of irrigation ok?( Its only had a regular hit of starter) im really looking for a good herbicide choice that wont burn.

now, the zoysia was completely fine until i applied my final crabgrass treatment of trimec +++ on a hot day and screwed it all to hell ( what a diff a few degrees makes), is there a quicker way to help it recover other than fert and water, im trying to rebuild it while the summer is still here? thanks guys

poolboy
08-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Please give me a few ideas if you will , i have 2 types of grass in my biggest customers yard , st aug and zoysia , i recently sodded the st. aug in june , i now have some sod pieces that are completely bermuda ( there was none in the yard before , it was centipede and i killed it all beforehand with glyphosphate), i have a few that are full of sedge and dalligrass , obviously i got a bad batch of sod , what can i apply right now to help rid me of this? the lawn can definitely use some fert, and it is thin in places , 34-0-0 with plenty of irrigation ok?( Its only had a regular hit of starter) im really looking for a good herbicide choice that wont burn.

now, the zoysia was completely fine until i applied my final crabgrass treatment of trimec +++ on a hot day and screwed it all to hell ( what a diff a few degrees makes), is there a quicker way to help it recover other than fert and water, im trying to rebuild it while the summer is still here? thanks guys

FYI, St Aug will always take over a Zoysia, unless it's separated by a border of some kind.

midlandlawncare
08-21-2008, 12:52 AM
sorry , i forgot to mention the zoysia and st aug are in completely separate areas of the yard, i just need help on both ares