I'll see what I can scrounge up!!!

WalkGood
08-20-2008, 06:40 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=84882&d=1184472274

Other side of the 4x4 post...

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=84883&d=1184472305

Waterit
08-20-2008, 06:40 PM
What are you looking for, the good ones or the I-can't-believe-someone-did-this ones?

CAPT Stream Rotar
08-20-2008, 06:44 PM
What are you looking for, the good ones or the I-can't-believe-someone-did-this ones?

def the ladder my brotha

koster_irrigation
08-20-2008, 09:01 PM
http://www.kosterirrigation.com/sitebuilder/images/DSC07505-600x450.jpg

http://www.kosterirrigation.com/sitebuilder/images/DSC07506-600x450.jpg

frumdig
08-20-2008, 09:54 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=112879&stc=1&d=1214599296
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=112880&stc=1&d=1214599306

yulp, fun stuff... garden hose burried out to all the heads, 2 impacts on each one...

-Evan

Waterit
08-20-2008, 10:27 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=112879&stc=1&d=1214599296
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=112880&stc=1&d=1214599306

yulp, fun stuff... garden hose burried out to all the heads, 2 impacts on each one...

-Evan

I like the 2nd pic best, the one with the manifold, isn't that how all the poly guys do it?:laugh:

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Finally got a doozy! Probably a liitle overkill on the pics

Waterit
08-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Finally got a doozy! Probably a liitle overkill on the pics

You figure they got paid by the fitting? Love the manual valve on EACH control valve, why be a piker and just have one for the entire mess?

Stuttering Stan
08-27-2008, 10:57 PM
I can't believe someone actually made a concrete VB?

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-27-2008, 11:04 PM
How many valves you think could be placed in there by a real pro?

Waterit
08-27-2008, 11:07 PM
I can't believe someone actually made a concrete VB?

They were THE thing around here in the early 80's, until a bunch of us convinced the architects that the new-fangled plastic VB's were better.
Still see them spec'd every once in awhile, mostly on the military bases (go figure).

A cemetery we used to do some service for uses concrete boxes, too: they're actually baby vaults, creepy when you think about it (I try not to).

I bet Joey, er, Boots, could fit a BUNCH.

frumdig
08-27-2008, 11:56 PM
dang, thats a pretty hoss box... must have taken a good day to plumb that masterpiece... lol...
Ours at the nursery i work for is built out of railroad ties.... i think its about 8'x4' we use a piece of plywood for the cover... i have no idea who put it in, but ild say its 15+ y/o.. but it houses a couple of 2" and 1-1/2" valves... at least its pretty easy to work on... after you pump all the water out.... :)

-Evan

EagleLandscape
08-28-2008, 12:03 AM
HOLY COW PETER.

WHERE WAS THAT DISASTER LOCATED?

unreal!

maybe i can do that at my house, hahaha. im having a trenching party this sunday after church at my house. you're invited!!!

Waterit
08-28-2008, 12:26 AM
HOLY COW PETER.

unreal!

maybe i can do that at my house, hahaha. im having a trenching party this sunday after church at my house. you're invited!!!

BYOS,H and G?

EagleLandscape
08-28-2008, 12:28 AM
shovels, hoes, and _____________?

Waterit
08-28-2008, 01:26 AM
shovels, hoes, and _____________?

Shovel, hacksaw, and glue. I assume the BBQ and adult beverages will be furnished.

With Gustav churning on into the Gulf in the next few days, y'all'll probably have lots of folks looking for work and shelter over your way!

Dripit good
08-28-2008, 06:53 AM
They were THE thing around here in the early 80's, until a bunch of us convinced the architects that the new-fangled plastic VB's were better.
Still see them spec'd every once in awhile, mostly on the military bases (go figure).

A cemetery we used to do some service for uses concrete boxes, too: they're actually baby vaults, creepy when you think about it (I try not to).

I bet Joey, er, Boots, could fit a BUNCH.

Is that his name??????

We find a lot of wooden boxes on 25+ yo systems around here.

His name is Joey??????

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-28-2008, 07:31 AM
Is that his name??????

We find a lot of wooden boxes on 25+ yo systems around here.

His name is Joey??????

I don't know what his name is. I was just putting a normal human name on his character. Joey seems like the perfect name for a smart aleck new yorker.

By the way drip-it what's your first name?

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-28-2008, 07:34 AM
HOLY COW PETER.

unreal!

I was planning on having back problems on Sunday.

Seriously though I have a sister flying in from Montana to discuss serious family matters involving Mom so I'll have to pass but THANKS FOR THE INVITATION.

EagleLandscape
08-28-2008, 08:29 AM
anytime:).........

Dripit good
08-28-2008, 08:55 AM
I don't know what his name is. I was just putting a normal human name on his character. Joey seems like the perfect name for a smart aleck new yorker.

By the way drip-it what's your first name?

Whew!! That's good. It's kind of like finding out the secret identity of Batman.....................or Superman. Some things should not be humanized.

Even the suggestion of a name somewhat alters my perception. And whether one likes it or not, the truth of the matter is perception is reality.

Fimco, I share your thirst for knowledge, but not necessarily disclosure. I am humbled by your interest. I have a great deal of respect and appreciation for many here.

DanaMac
08-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Joey seems like the perfect name for a smart aleck new yorker.

It really does fit a good back East guy. We always joke about Joey Bag-o-Doughnuts. Or Joey Pots-n-Pans.

Dripit good
08-28-2008, 09:11 AM
It really does fit a good back East guy. We always joke about Joey Bag-o-Doughnuts. Or Joey Pots-n-Pans.

Ditto.....

AI Inc
08-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Now Im wondering if he,s Italian. Italians always call grown men with the child version of the name. Joey , Stevie, Pauly

Waterit
08-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Now Im wondering if he,s Italian. Italians always call grown men with the child version of the name. Joey , Stevie, Pauly

Wise-a$$ metro-area NYer? Odds are pretty good he is.

That's something I miss from the bad old days of living there - all of my friends with the vowel-ending names (Battaglia, Antonelli, etc.). It just ain't the same when your friends are Bubbas or Juniors.:laugh:

DanaMac
08-28-2008, 10:03 AM

Yup. My cousin is Petey. And we are Italian.

Kiril
08-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Love the manual valve on EACH control valve

Must have been trained by JW. :laugh:

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-28-2008, 10:27 AM
LET'S PLAY CLUE
Wet Boots?
Knowledgeable about irrigation---Has to be an irrigator
Remembers really old irrigation stuff----Elderly but not senile.
Lives in NYC---we think, you can put anything down
Posts a lot during the middle of the day---Retired? or just lazy?
Talks food and wine a lot----overweight for sure
Makes snide cutting remarks involving woman and posts woman pics---Bitter divorce or unhappily married and isn't getting any.
Secretive------Mob connections?

Wet_Boots
08-28-2008, 10:47 AM
LET'S PLAY CLUE
Wet Boots?
Knowledgeable about irrigation---Has to be an irrigator
Remembers really old irrigation stuff----Elderly but not senile.
Lives in NYC---we think, you can put anything down
Posts a lot during the middle of the day---Retired? or just lazy?
Talks food and wine a lot----overweight for sure
Makes snide cutting remarks involving woman and posts woman pics---Bitter divorce or unhappily married and isn't getting any.
Secretive------Mob connections?You forgot "superior comprehension of word problems" :)

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-28-2008, 10:50 AM
You forgot "superior comprehension of word problems" :)

superior comprehension of word problems---Uses search elements very well:)

AI Inc
08-28-2008, 10:52 AM
superior comprehension of word problems---Uses search elements very well:)

And does has the decency to refrain from boring cut and pastes while being active in the political threads.

irrig8r
08-28-2008, 11:05 AM

Now there's a stereotype for you. More on TV than in real life, and never in my family. Maybe more of an East Coast thing.

Wet_Boots
08-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Political threads = the Land Without Nuance :wall

irrig8r
08-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Political threads = the Land Without Nuance :wall

And probably a colossal waste of time. If anyone has a strong enough political opinion that he's gonna post it, you won't convince him to change it.

Just like online product reviews, or Yelp.com. Only the extreme views (loved it or hated it) get posted. People with more moderate or neutral views usually aren't motivated to post.

AI Inc
08-28-2008, 11:17 AM
And probably a colossal waste of time. If anyone has a strong enough political opinion that he's gonna post it, you won't convince him to change it.

Its still fun to debate. Also keeps one from getting tunel vision. Before I became active in them I thought most people held the same opinions as me. How foolish I was.

AI Inc
08-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Now there's a stereotype for you. More on TV than in real life, and never in my family. Maybe more of an East Coast thing.

Yes it may be an east coast thing. My family has Joeys, Paulys , Stevies ( me ) Vinnies and even a Mikey ( Irish mother )

Wet_Boots
08-28-2008, 11:25 AM
I suppose the most disappointing thing about political forums, and our national political picture, is how polarized things are. It's as if there is complete ignorance that we are fellow countrymen, with a lot of common goals.

AI Inc
08-28-2008, 11:26 AM
I suppose the most disappointing thing about political forums, and our national political picture, is how polarized things are. It's as if there is complete ignorance that we are fellow countrymen, with a lot of common goals.

You got that right , this country has become so divided its not funny.

irrig8r
08-28-2008, 11:39 AM

There's something to be said for the concept of the old Silent Majority...in my experience most people don't speak up about their political views and many don't really have any... as long as their lives are on track with their expectations..

Change naturally tends to come about when people are dissatisfied with the status quo... how the media influences what we feel about ourselves, and how to recognize the tipping point puzzle me, but interest me too.

Ramairfreak98ss
08-28-2008, 11:41 AM
We see alot of the garden hose/timer deals. Some more extreme than others, but hey if it works ;/ I have seen a ton of junk even at commercial properties, mostly just old stuff and then theres all the broken parts that dont work, some stuff is fully demolished so it needs major repair.

irrig8r
08-28-2008, 11:45 AM
You got that right , this country has become so divided its not funny.

One of the weaknesses of commercial media is that in order to draw listeners/ viewers there has to be a certain amount of controversy.... just not enough to offend sponsors.

Wet_Boots
08-28-2008, 11:54 AM
I like John Stewart's take (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/08/27/MN0O12J36H.DTL&hw=jon+stewart&sn=001&sc=1000) on the political coverage

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Just agree with me and everything will be fine. Frankly I think polarization is healthy. Form of checks and balances.(Seems to be a reoccurring theme with me these days.) Keeps the extremist under control. I think the country runs best when congress and the presidency are held by opposite parties.

benjammin
08-28-2008, 02:31 PM
More pics...please

Wet_Boots
08-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Just agree with me and everything will be fine. Frankly I think polarization is healthy. Form of checks and balances.(Seems to be a reoccurring theme with me these days.) Keeps the extremist under control. I think the country runs best when congress and the presidency are held by opposite parties.There has been a loss of civility and courtesy in political doings. It winds up being more about one or the other side 'winning' than about what benefits the nation.

Answer to picture request - plumbing I hate to tie into.

WalkGood
08-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Answer to picture request - plumbing I hate to tie into.

Because lack of shutoffs? Or if it has a shutoff it leaks if you look at it for 3 seconds.

Once had to shutoff whole house water main at MIL, but the valve handle packing started leaking profusely. Went out to the street to find the shutoff..... it was PAVED OVER WITH ASPHALT!

Best bet is to get the water shut off at the other side of that meter. Then unscrew the thread fitting on the meter body, and start sweating again.

WalkGood
08-28-2008, 03:50 PM
LET'S PLAY CLUE
Wet Boots?
Secretive------Mob connections?

Whadya think "Wet Boots" refers to? He's da guy dat knows where all doze friggin valve bodies are buried in da marsh fields of Staten Eye-land and over in Joizey.

:gunsfirin

Wet_Boots
08-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Whadya think "Wet Boots" refers to? He's da guy dat knows where all doze friggin valve bodies are buried in da marsh fields of Staten Eye-land and over in Joizey.

:gunsfirinJimmy says "Hi!" :waving:

WalkGood
08-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Jimmy says "Hi!" :waving:

Jimmy? Which Jimmy? The guy wit da thing? Or the other guy? Oh, our "friend" Jimmy.... gotcha.
:laugh: