PDA

View Full Version : Surprise!!!

EagleLandscape
08-20-2008, 06:26 PM
So since I have publicly declared my absolute love for RemotePigtails, I went on a wiring spree today. Installed 5 on smartlines in a little under an hour or so (in the rain too I might add).

One controller was a nest for fireants, another one gave me a good surprise with wasps/mud dobbers. (or whatever they are called). Got a nice scare as they aimed for my face.*trucewhiteflag*

On another note: Lately it seems so easy to get noticed for doing quality work on commercial/HOA properties. We earned a maintenance account from one of the largest contractors in the country, and another from one of the largest in the DFW area. I truly believe both companies lost the maintenance accounts because of improper irrigation maintenance. I think that is the most important thing in maintaining a property. Anybody can push a mower, and most people can pick weeds.

This one property had smartlines on regular settings, running sprays zones at 30 minutes a zone, 7 days a week, with the rain/freeze monitor disabled. Peter, you know people at this company. Do you know about their irrigation guys.

one controller was completely turned off, with the cover locked. Should be able to save them 75% on their water bill this year, anxious to see how it really comes out.

koster_irrigation
08-20-2008, 07:56 PM
time to get that gapeing hole plugged up

Waterit
08-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Looks like blind monkeys wired that one up.

EagleLandscape
08-20-2008, 11:15 PM
try Yellow Rose Landscape.

theyve got about 20 dead 4" trees from them not being able to figure out how to work the sprinkler system they installed.

EagleLandscape
08-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Looks like blind monkeys wired that one up.

And think of what it looks like now with 20 soemthing more wires for the remote.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-21-2008, 07:35 AM
John I love young and brash but you are going to have a lot of enemies in your profession at this rate. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

Mike Leary
08-21-2008, 10:10 AM
John I love young and brash but you are going to have a lot of enemies in your profession at this rate. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

I can look into a clock and tell how the rest of the system is going to be,
that clock pic tells me the system is junk.

Kiril
08-21-2008, 10:51 AM
one controller was completely turned off, with the cover locked. Should be able to save them 75% on their water bill this year, anxious to see how it really comes out.

How are you going to save 75% on their water bill when they weren't watering? :laugh:

I (and others I am sure) would LOVE to see that 75% claim backed up with documentation.
Got any flow sensors hooked up and current systems historical water usage?

EagleLandscape
08-21-2008, 05:45 PM
How are you going to save 75% on their water bill when they weren't watering? :laugh:

I (and others I am sure) would LOVE to see that 75% claim backed up with documentation.
Got any flow sensors hooked up and current systems historical water usage?

BESIDES THE ONE THAT IS SHUT OFF. I knew someone was going to comment on that one.

Some clocks are running sprays zones at 105 - 210 minutes per zone a week!!

(15-30mins per zone a day, seven days a week)

I am getting the waterbills for the past two years from property management company to compare for how we do this year.

Here is a picture of the site... (tell me I'm not going to save water).

Kiril
08-21-2008, 11:11 PM
Now that takes mismanagement to a new level. :cry:

hoskm01
08-21-2008, 11:18 PM
BESIDES THE ONE THAT IS SHUT OFF. I knew someone was going to comment on that one.

Some clocks are running sprays zones at 105 - 210 minutes per zone a week!!

(15-30mins per zone a day, seven days a week)

I am getting the waterbills for the past two years from property management company to compare for how we do this year.

Here is a picture of the site... (tell me I'm not going to save water).
I thought you said it was raining?

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-22-2008, 06:11 AM
Drainage needs to be redone as well. Three worthless looking grates.

EagleLandscape
08-22-2008, 08:06 AM
It has been raining, but the water was like that before all of the rain. Once the rain came, the water moved into that unit over the brick ledge and flooded the entry way of the townhome.

The "maintenance guy" for the development company did those drains. Ran 3 6" catch basis, and then 6' of perforated pipe into the clay soil, and stopped. Takes about 2 minutes to fill up. I told him he needed somewhere for the water to go, he kept saying into the ground, into the ground.

I don't think he understood.

We're going to obviously adjust run times, (BIG DUH). and install a 9" basin, regrade soil levels, flashing along the brick ledge, big buried underground storage with submersible pump. 80' of drain line to drain at a lower elevation. 1800$ to fix this grading issue.

Wet_Boots
08-22-2008, 08:25 AM
If every controller came with a wasp nest, it would cut way down on folks interfering with the programming.

Waterit
08-22-2008, 09:01 AM
If every controller came with a wasp nest, it would cut way down on folks interfering with the programming.

Got any sources?

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-22-2008, 09:06 AM
Got any sources?

It looks like Fay is heading your way?

Waterit
08-22-2008, 09:11 AM
It looks like Fay is heading your way?

Appears to be. I just hope it doesn't pop into the extremely warm Gulf of Mexicoand gain some strength.

We need the rain. And a break - been 90+ here the last week, everyone is sagging, burned up, burned out. A painter left yesterday's jobsite in an ambulance with heat exhaustion and "multiple contusions" - passed out and fell off a scaffold.