PDA

View Full Version : road dust control

firedude26
08-20-2008, 10:16 PM
i have a private road that i need to control the dust, is there something i can use to spray myself, or spread? 500 ft of one lane road. used dry calcium chloride for sidewalks once didnt seem to be very good.

thanks

CAT powered
08-21-2008, 01:23 AM
Water usually works pretty well for controlling dust.

If you want to really do a nice job spread crushed stone. Then you won't be rolling over dirt and you've solved the problem of dust.

wide load
08-21-2008, 02:18 PM
theres a product out there called dustless,it's made by dirtglue.they tell me you can spray it on one time and it's good for a year.

MarcSmith
08-21-2008, 02:38 PM
how about using MgCl or CaCl and then lihgtly watering it in. the theory is that they will then absorb the moisture in the air and kind lock the soil up or help prevent dust...

good luck...

RossP
08-21-2008, 02:39 PM
theres a product out there called dustless,it's made by dirtglue.they tell me you can spray it on one time and it's good for a year.

i second that, i forget where ive seen this stuff but it seemed like an interesting product. im sure you can google it.

naughty62
08-22-2008, 06:53 AM
we have out of town guys doing dust control and they use one of many products derived from pine pitch and rosins . some of it has a orange scent like they use citric acid in it too .I would quess a good street department head or roads supervisor would know a little about dust control .

AI Inc
08-22-2008, 07:03 AM
We have a dirt road coming into the shop. Just installed a zone of sprinklers that comes on every other hr for 9 minutes. Works great.

jvoelker
08-22-2008, 10:04 AM
As one of the previous posters said, CaCl (Calcium Chloride) is a great way to keep the dust down on a gravel lane. It works by absorbing water and holding it for a prolonged period of time. It also causes the road to harden, so its best to regrade it before application.

Here is a site with more info:
http://www.calciumchloride.com/dustcontrol.shtml

New Bern Bear
08-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Calcium cloride - about $20.00 per bag and does a great job.

Ramrods
11-06-2008, 10:08 AM
if you can find someone like me who makes his own bio-diesel, you can use the glycerine by-product to control dust. I have sprayed 150 gallons on a large parcel and it work awesome.