PDA

View Full Version : My new Quick 36" Dually Samurai is here!

Happy Frog
08-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Here it is... Still in on the palette and almost ready to make some money... :cool2:
I'll post more pics later this week.

Lakewlc
08-21-2008, 12:02 AM
nice. did u have it shipped directly to ur house?

shepoutside
08-21-2008, 12:07 AM
Looks like a wicked machine. :cool2: Do give us your thoughts on the machine, as I have it in my plans too.

dura to the max
08-21-2008, 12:11 AM
looks great. i cant wait for an unbiased review of the machine. i assume that the only real change from the original quick mower is the drive system so i am sure it will be a great machine. the fuel tank looks rather small, other than that it looks like a great machine.

BUCKEYE MOWING
08-21-2008, 12:11 AM
Here it is... Still in on the palette and almost ready to make some money... :cool2:
I'll post more pics later this week.

Congrats !! Your gonna love that machine.

Happy Frog
08-21-2008, 12:18 AM
nice. did u have it shipped directly to ur house?

Yes, I did. No wasting time to go get it to a terminal and they put the crate right in my garage.

Happy Frog
08-21-2008, 12:27 AM
looks great. i cant wait for an unbiased review of the machine. i assume that the only real change from the original quick mower is the drive system so i am sure it will be a great machine. the fuel tank looks rather small, other than that it looks like a great machine.

Fuel tank contains 3.25 gallon so it should last the day.
I have the new Step Saver on order and will get it as soon as it is available.

deere615
08-21-2008, 12:29 AM
Sweet mower, that thing looks awesome!! let us know how it does!

dura to the max
08-21-2008, 12:32 AM
Fuel tank contains 3.25 gallon so it should last the day.
I have the new Step Saver on order and will get it as soon as it is available.

wow! it sure looks smaller than that. in that case i think its an ideal 36" mower. i will definitely look into these when i get ready for another 36". or i might even get the 44" to replace my 48" tthp

mower&more1986
08-21-2008, 12:55 AM
omg how do they charge such lower prices compared to toro??

PlatinumLandCon
08-21-2008, 01:09 AM
omg how do they charge such lower prices compared to toro??

Factory direct brother, the only way to do it.

02DURAMAX
08-21-2008, 01:37 AM
very nice mower!

mower&more1986
08-21-2008, 03:05 AM
Factory direct brother, the only way to do it.

Too bad we cant do that with trucks. My mother worked with somone that was a carsalesmen and he said the mark up is very high
anyways verynice mower. Im going to keep that better outdoors in mind

grass2cash
08-21-2008, 10:24 AM
I see they replaced the caster pins for cotter pins on the front. Was the mesh bag a freebie? If the dually is half the mower the single hydro is I know you will love it. I definitely have a lil' mower envy goin' on. Congrats, man!

Coop714
08-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Grats Frog, Let Me know how you like it, as I too am looking at ordering the same machine.

STIHL GUY
08-21-2008, 12:27 PM
looks nice

All_Toro_4ME
08-21-2008, 01:02 PM
very nice. let us know how it cuts and anything else.

DoetschOutdoor
08-21-2008, 02:50 PM
That white handle is about the ugliest thing I've ever seen but its still a nice mower. So this is the dual hydro model? How much it run ya?

Happy Frog
08-21-2008, 02:51 PM
I see they replaced the caster pins for cotter pins on the front. Was the mesh bag a freebie? If the dually is half the mower the single hydro is I know you will love it. I definitely have a lil' mower envy goin' on. Congrats, man!

The mesh bag and halogen lights are standard equipment on the Dually models :cool2:
The caster wheels pins are "twist" pins.
I did a quick run with the mower on my lawn last night and the lights are working good. I can't speak of the cut yet since the deck was not adjusted (pretty high setting from the factory)
It seems to have plenty of power and you really needs the step saver (or the ability to walk real fast) to use it full speed.
Since I bought the landscaper Pro pack, I got the Accelerator grass catcher and mulch kit so I'll let everyone knows how it run when mulching or bagging.
:waving:

metro36
08-21-2008, 04:25 PM
That pic is terrible!!! There is no frog in it. :laugh:

Lawn Enforcer
08-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Sexy looking mower man!

JimmyStew
08-21-2008, 10:13 PM
halogen lights are standard equipment on the Dually models :cool2:

Love the headlights. Like I'm gonna mow in the dark!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

bigw
08-21-2008, 10:19 PM
If you havent bought the stepsaver yet or you can cancel the order i will sell you a brand new one never used for $125.00 plus shipping!!! I bought it when i bought my Quick this yr and have never used it!

bigw
08-21-2008, 10:22 PM
That white handle is about the ugliest thing I've ever seen but its still a nice mower. So this is the dual hydro model? How much it run ya?

definitely black with the yellow would have matched much nicer i think, but its pretty cool!

bryant lawn & landscape
08-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Big W - I agree with the handlebar color thing. I don't get the white. You might want to reconsider on selling the step saver. Give it a try. I've got 'em on my 36 and 44, and they're awesome.

bigw
08-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Big W - I agree with the handlebar color thing. I don't get the white. You might want to reconsider on selling the step saver. Give it a try. I've got 'em on my 36 and 44, and they're awesome.

I just cant get the hang of it with the turns, i end up swinging to wide and besides i only use my Quick on like 3 lawns and they are too small to even use the stepsaver on so ill sell it.

Howard Roark
08-21-2008, 10:59 PM
The dually step saver is different than the others. I can only imagine how the machine will handle with the new one.

bryant lawn & landscape
08-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Gotcha. Sorry for the highjack, but how do you add the "originally posted" quote to your post?? I see the option box with quote message in reply, but don't know how to do it. Anyway, back to the dually. Congrats bro. I think you'll love it. If I can get rid of my 36 & 44 singles, I believe there will be a 36 dually in my future as well.

deere615
08-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Gotcha. Sorry for the highjack, but how do you add the "originally posted" quote to your post?? I see the option box with quote message in reply, but don't know how to do it. Anyway, back to the dually. Congrats bro. I think you'll love it. If I can get rid of my 36 & 44 singles, I believe there will be a 36 dually in my future as well.

just click the quote box in the persons post you wish to quote.

Happy Frog
08-21-2008, 11:17 PM
The dually step saver is different than the others. I can only imagine how the machine will handle with the new one.

Very true...
The new step saver has caster wheels and cannot jack-knife when going backward. It allows the operator to stand in the same position behind the controls and have the Dually work like a stander. :dancing:
It is a brand new design and is not quite yet available.

Happy Frog
08-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Love the headlights. Like I'm gonna mow in the dark!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I just did tonight...
Started to mow my neighbor at sunset and by the time I was done it was pretty dark...

Happy Frog
08-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Alright, so like I said, I mowed a bit with this mower today to get a hang of it before using it on more "complex" accounts.
I used it on two yards. One with overgrown centipede with the mulch plate on and one with bermuda and weeds on soft, sandy soil.
So far, so good. Very nice cut on both yards (mower set at 2") but I had to replace the mulch plate by the discharge one one the sandy yard to prevent the sand from beating the deck too much.
I will post a full review in a few days but let me just say now that it is obvious that the new step saver is a must have with this mower. I found hard to back-up and turn while walking behind it. The step saver should make it a breeze though.
A nice feature is the max. speed setting control which allows the user to limit the travel of the wheel controls and prevent the mower from getting "away" when pushing the controls full forward.

BUCKEYE MOWING
08-21-2008, 11:49 PM
Alright, so like I said, I mowed a bit with this mower today to get a hang of it before using it on more "complex" accounts.
I used it on two yards. One with overgrown centipede with the mulch plate on and one with bermuda and weeds on soft, sandy soil.
So far, so good. Very nice cut on both yards (mower set at 2") but I had to replace the mulch plate by the discharge one one the sandy yard to prevent the sand from beating the deck too much.
I will post a full review in a few days but let me just say now that it is obvious that the new step saver is a must have with this mower. I found hard to back-up and turn while walking behind it. The step saver should make it a breeze though.
A nice feature is the max. speed setting control which allows the user to limit the travel of the wheel controls and prevent the mower from getting "away" when pushing the controls full forward.

With practice ..backing up and turning will become second nature. It will get "away" from ya unless you feel like jogging at full speed:weightlifter:

That new step saver will be out soon and then you will get to see the full potential of the machine.

bryant lawn & landscape
08-21-2008, 11:52 PM
just click the quote box in the persons post you wish to quote.

Got it. Thanks.

Happy Frog
08-22-2008, 12:02 AM
With practice ..backing up and turning will become second nature. It will get "away" from ya unless you feel like jogging at full speed:weightlifter:

That new step saver will be out soon and then you will get to see the full potential of the machine.

I don't have a problem backing up and turning, I have a problem moving my butt fast enough to stay behind the mower when doing it... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

cej93
08-22-2008, 07:39 AM
This is off topic but where did you pick your Bad Boy up from? Is there a dealer in Navarre or did you have to go to Pensacola / Ft Walton / Crestview?

Thanks,
Eric

mhussey
08-22-2008, 08:16 AM
This is off topic but where did you pick your Bad Boy up from? Is there a dealer in Navarre or did you have to go to Pensacola / Ft Walton / Crestview?

Thanks,
Eric

It's factory direct buddy. They ship it to you, or to a freight carrier. I believe Frog had is shipped to his house.

larryinalabama
08-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Im curious the new step saver makes this machine operatee like a stander, I was going to look att the new Toro but ..........

Happy Frog
08-22-2008, 11:49 AM

Thanks,
Eric

There are two Bad Boy dealers in Pensacola. I got mine from Tom at Fix-It Shop (small dealer).
Tom delivered the mower to my door on a Saturday (no charge).

Happy Frog
08-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Im curious the new step saver makes this machine operatee like a stander, I was going to look att the new Toro but ..........

This is what Gary wrote about the new Step Saver:
"It's designed to oscillate side-to-side and up/down so that it follows the terrain without effecting weight on the drive wheels or the deck. It's a two-caster design and keeps the operator positioned squarely behind the controls at all times. When in use, the machine behaves much like a Stander in that you can turn, back-up, spin-around or any other maneuver and stay in the same relative position with the mower. Backing up is easy and the rider cannot jack-knife. It's also designed to be easy on/off with no tools.

When the speed lock is maxxed-out at 7.2 MPH, Dually is way too fast for walking. The new Step-Saver gives folks the ability to fully exploit the speed of the mower."

freshprince94
08-22-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm not usually a BOP fan but nice mower. The Dually looks solid.

Tim03
08-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Very true...
The new step saver has caster wheels and cannot jack-knife when going backward. It allows the operator to stand in the same position behind the controls and have the Dually work like a stander. :dancing:
It is a brand new design and is not quite yet available.

Really??? Wow, that rocks, got to see that in action. Does your camera or camera phone have the ability to take short videos? If so you gotta upload a couple with you on the step saver!

Happy Frog
08-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Really??? Wow, that rocks, got to see that in action. Does your camera or camera phone have the ability to take short videos? If so you gotta upload a couple with you on the step saver!

I will when I'll get it (not yet available)

KCfireman
08-22-2008, 11:42 PM
nice mower. seems pretty durable from the pics. Lets see some pics of those lights at night!!!!:cool2:

mower&more1986
08-24-2008, 10:16 PM
The next thing should to the is an EFI option.

stevenf
08-25-2008, 02:40 AM
Still no pictures of a Lawn you cut with it?????

Happy Frog
08-25-2008, 02:56 AM
Still no pictures of a Lawn you cut with it?????

Sorry, did not have time to take pics but I can tell you that the cut looks better than with my Honda HRX 217 which is kind of a reference in terms of cut quality.
The Dually leaves the same cut as the other Quick 36" because it has the exact same deck... :drinkup:

BUCKEYE MOWING
08-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Sorry, did not have time to take pics but I can tell you that the cut looks better than with my Honda HRX 217 which is kind of a reference in terms of cut quality.
The Dually leaves the same cut as the other Quick 36" because it has the exact same deck... :drinkup:

Look at the QUICK36 webpage....

on the family pics page we have several DUALLY cut pics.... look at the pro image stripeing again pic and there are several others but I forget their names....

deere615
08-25-2008, 10:56 PM

I have both of those mowers too and they both leave and amazing cut!

MileHigh
08-26-2008, 08:55 PM
my 36" Viking's deck is about twice the size of that thing...why such a small deck? Seems like it would bogg down in the thick quite easily.

Happy Frog
08-26-2008, 11:59 PM
my 36" Viking's deck is about twice the size of that thing...why such a small deck? Seems like it would bogg down in the thick quite easily.

The Quick 36" has three blades which reduces the size of the deck. The deep tunnel construction allows good evacuation of the clippings even in wet conditions.
The 16 HP Kawi doesn't bog down easily on this mower either.

BUCKEYE MOWING
08-27-2008, 12:05 AM
The Quick 36" has three blades which reduces the size of the deck. The deep tunnel construction allows good evacuation of the clippings even in wet conditions.

Very well said....:drinkup:
I have never bogged it down , even in heavy wet overgrown KBG.

Az Gardener
08-27-2008, 12:51 AM
Ok fellas you have me pretty excited about one of these mowers. My cart is filled and information entered, only a push of a button to place the order. Here is the thing as I have discussed in another thread that is going no where.

I only need this mower for about 60-K worth of lawn per week. I'm sure the guys will use it more but with our avg lawn being 3-5K From a purely $$ point of view this purchase dosen't make much sense to me. To top it off my bigger properties are T & M accounts so doing them faster is not much of an advantage it does free me up to do other work and stay competitive. For the smaller lawns I have budgeted hours so again if i get the lawn done faster it frees me up to spend more time on the flowers or shrubs etc. I can't even use the mower in the summer because we cut our Bermuda so low 3/4"-1"

So while I want one of these I need some better reasoning than they are really good. My other bigger mower is a Ferris it is on one rig and my second rig only has 21's and reel mowers. C'mon talk me into one.

stevenf
08-27-2008, 12:57 AM
I have been looking for a better reason based on price. The question of " Why not pay $2,500.00 more for a bigger cutting rider.
So, The reason I will be getting one is because smaller lawns are more profitable, It wont break the bank, it is commercially built, and it weighs about 600+lbs less then a rider. This will also help with gas while towing. Another reason is its compact so I will be able to load up leaves,grass clipping, mulch, if need be......
I dont have one yet, just my reasons for getting one within a few months.

Happy Frog
08-27-2008, 01:30 AM
I only need this mower for about 60-K worth of lawn per week. I'm sure the guys will use it more but with our avg lawn being 3-5K From a purely $$ point of view this purchase dosen't make much sense to me. To top it off my bigger properties are T & M accounts so doing them faster is not much of an advantage it does free me up to do other work and stay competitive. For the smaller lawns I have budgeted hours so again if i get the lawn done faster it frees me up to spend more time on the flowers or shrubs etc. I can't even use the mower in the summer because we cut our Bermuda so low 3/4"-1"

A dually with Step Saver is likely to reduce your fatigue and cutting time by 75% to 80% and will not rut small lawns even when wet.
It can also cut lawns as low as 1" and better than most 21".
That is enough to justify one, don't you think?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-27-2008, 01:36 AM

That 16Kaw will never bog. I have the Ninja model with the 15HP Kaw and have not bogged it yet this season. Plenty of marbles!

rogerwb
08-29-2008, 12:53 AM
How about a 32" Dually? I wonder if any plans are in the works?

GPDesign1
08-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Here's a picture of the new Dually Step-Saver on a 15/36DD.

Have a good Holiday weekend guys! :cool2:

gp

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-29-2008, 09:43 PM
But how much will the unit be?

Az Gardener
08-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Whoop, let us know when yours arrives so I will know when to look for mine. I bit the bullet and pushed the button today myself after having my cart emptied more than a couple of times.

dura to the max
08-29-2008, 11:04 PM
that step saver looks almost identical to a bullrider.

DC & Sons
08-30-2008, 01:07 AM
Here's a picture of the new Dually Step-Saver on a 15/36DD.

Have a good Holiday weekend guys! :cool2:

gp

Hiya GPDesign ... sorry to hijack the thread but can you take a look at this and let me know if you have any suggestions.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=244302

thanks

Dan

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-30-2008, 01:11 AM
Whoop, let us know when yours arrives so I will know when to look for mine. I bit the bullet and pushed the button today myself after having my cart emptied more than a couple of times.

Mine was shipped through Old Dominion and is currently scheduled to arrive here on Thursday of next week!

mower&more1986
08-30-2008, 01:14 AM
How about a 32" Dually? I wonder if any plans are in the works?

I second That. this would make yards that have 32" gates so much easier

Az Gardener
08-30-2008, 01:39 AM
Why do you need a dually on a 32?

jameson
08-30-2008, 02:30 AM
Very well said....:drinkup:
I have never bogged it down , even in heavy wet overgrown KBG.

It didn't bog down, per say. . . but then, we weren't mowing with the hammer down either. . .

Az Gardener
08-30-2008, 02:39 AM
There is definitely a break in communication here :hammerhead: that is not mowing, that is some kind of farming process. Possibly a new variety of alfalfa being tested in somebodies back yard that went ah-rye. Whatever went on in that backyard it was not mowing.

jameson
08-30-2008, 02:48 AM
There is definitely a break in communication here :hammerhead: that is not mowing, that is some kind of farming process. Possibly a new variety of alfalfa being tested in somebodies back yard that went ah-rye. Whatever went on in that backyard it was not mowing.

Tut-tut now Mr. Az. . .

In the strictest definition, that is mowing. A heterodox example to be sure (:laugh:), but mowing nonetheless.

One thing's for certain, it's not a pretty sight when creeping fescues and perennial ryes are allowed to run amok, is it?

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-30-2008, 04:19 AM
There is definitely a break in communication here :hammerhead: that is not mowing, that is some kind of farming process..

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-30-2008, 04:21 AM
A $379 sulky. Hmmm... weren't you guys big on price point?

bryant lawn & landscape
08-30-2008, 09:03 AM
I like the look of the 36 Double D's :cool2:

GPDesign1
08-30-2008, 09:28 AM
James: Is that one of your weekly accounts? Grass in the PNW really does grow fast... Consider your WARRANTY terminated immediately!!! Nowhere in our Owner's Manual does it say a word about "Suitability for Agricultural Use" :laugh::laugh: You need our new 3 in 1 Quick-Baler ...

Bryant: Laura refers to the 36DD as "Marilyn Monroe". 44's are the "Jayne Mansfield" :rolleyes:

Whoop: Toro's new sulky is over 500 bucks! With the cost of steel doubling, we gotta eat too, ya know!

Dan: Gotcha in the other thread. Hope this helps.

32 Dual-Drive? Not saying we won't build one, but we're pretty tied-up at the moment with our 21" ZTR Program... :waving:

Now y'all git off the "Inter-web" and go outside and have a Labor Day weekend. Do the American-thing and grill somethin' :usflag:

gp

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Whoop: Toro's new sulky is over 500 bucks! With the cost of steel doubling, we gotta eat too, ya know!

As do I... which is why I can't afford the sulky... this year, at least. Oh well. I'll just hafta modify my Velke...

(And don't get me started on Toro.:angry:)

Riley Lawn Service
09-01-2008, 02:29 AM
great looking mower my friend Lawn Freak is planning on buying one similar to that let me know how it works out

Kennedy Landscaping
09-01-2008, 02:48 AM
I sure am, plan on buying the 36" super fox

Happy Frog
09-01-2008, 10:38 PM
I was waiting on the Step Saver to write the review but it is delayed so I will write a preliminary review soon...

mhussey
09-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Mine was shipped through Old Dominion and is currently scheduled to arrive here on Thursday of next week!

Thanks for the contribution to our local economy. Old Dominion is a Thomasville based freight carrier.

Coop714
09-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Frog, What blades came on it were they the gator blades? hows it doing on the bahia ?

BUCKEYE MOWING
09-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Frog, What blades came on it were they the gator blades? hows it doing on the bahia ?

It comes with Hi Lifts ..unless you order gators...

grobbins6
09-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Buckeye-

Any chance you could post some pics of you Betters and/or the work they have done? I am merely a lowly homeowner but am considering a 36" Dually for my hilly yard.

Also, does anyone know why Better doesn't have any pics of the Dually in the family album?

TIA

Coop714
09-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Just filled up the shopping cart with a 36 Dually along with the step-saver...mower should be at the door Tuesday....step-saver in 3 weeks :usflag:

ZD2112
09-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Man i want one bad, thinkin next spring ill finally get it :clapping:

BUCKEYE MOWING
09-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Buckeye-

Any chance you could post some pics of you Betters and/or the work they have done? I am merely a lowly homeowner but am considering a 36" Dually for my hilly yard.

Also, does anyone know why Better doesn't have any pics of the Dually in the family album?

TIA

We have several in the family album. They show yards cut with the dually and its stripeing ability.

PM me and I will let you know which ones they are