PDA

View Full Version : Advertising????

LawnBarber13
08-21-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm trying to get my name out to the community to start building an account base. Seeing how I'm just starting out, I'm not sure of the best way to do this. Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

Puddle of Oil
08-21-2008, 09:36 PM
yard signs, car signs, newspaper, ur lawns (if any yet). NO DOOR TO DOOR SALES. examples: fliers, quoting d2d ext.

ericmcj31
08-21-2008, 09:47 PM
once you get a couple accounts-offer discounts to your existing customers if they recommend and you get contracts for other jobs. That's kinda an incentive to get your name around. Most do it out of good will, but a little green helps the effort.

Mike's LawnCare Landscape
08-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Post it on craigslist.org
you will have to beat off the tight wads with a stick but it gets you started
My first year %95 came from the list .
STOP But what ever you do don't wast your time if they post on there looking for some one to cut there grass.(they are looking for a kid to come and cut it for $5 )
Good luck and hope you have a good start for next year!!
I also put on the list a few weeks back Trading Lawn care for sign work.
On the 3rd day I had a guy call me up to haul off sign trash . I got $350 worth of signs made for me and it only took me 45 min max with drive time and $11.50 for the dump cost, and in 2 weeks he is going to letter up my trailer for the next load of sign trash!!

tradeyouraccounts
08-21-2008, 11:33 PM
Hook up with food delivery businessís maybe the local pizza shop. Ask them if they can add a referral card to there pizza delivery clients in return youíll offer them a referral fee. Youíll get local clients and get a tighter route.

Good luck

Mike's LawnCare Landscape
08-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Hook up with food delivery businessís maybe the local pizza shop. Ask them if they can add a referral card to there pizza delivery clients in return youíll offer them a referral fee. Youíll get local clients and get a tighter route.

Good luck
Thats a good idea!!!

Father&Daughter Lawn care
08-22-2008, 01:34 PM
I have had some luck with fliers. Most of my business has come from friends and word of mouth.

TCS Landscaping
08-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Door to door is the best way to go. Make sure you have some business cards to hand out.

LawnBarber13
08-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Thank you for all the posts. This should get me going in the right direction.

jimpey
08-26-2008, 12:41 AM

Good luck

i don't know if i would go that route i work for a pizza place and offered to do some services for free in exchange for letting me out my ad on the boxes and i also placed my ad with their door hangers i put out and did not get one single reply now i did have my own door hangers printed up and put them out by themselves and got atleast one call every time i put them out so far this has been my best advertising method

tradeyouraccounts
08-26-2008, 12:49 AM
How about approach the local barbers and hairstylists and offer them an incentive for every referral card they pass out to their customers. You might even motivate them to talk up your business by promising them a percentage of each new account that results from their referral.

Just another one to the mix